Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2637 2638 [2639] 2640 2641 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463458 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39570 on: October 30, 2013, 08:52:21 pm »

There is a subreddit dedicated to me.
http://www.reddit.com/r/lordcooper
Wat.
Why? Like seriously, why would anyone do this?
I know! Obviously they should have made it about me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39571 on: October 30, 2013, 09:11:27 pm »

just found a slug that was over 3 inches long (without me having to stretch it) crawling on the kitchen counter. Where are they coming from?!?!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #39572 on: October 30, 2013, 09:17:43 pm »

The ground?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #39573 on: October 30, 2013, 09:20:13 pm »

find the source and reenact this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39574 on: October 30, 2013, 09:21:13 pm »

One of the students who made the CDs was crying in front of the display because that CD had the only copy of the music he recorded on it.

Maybe I'm just an insensitive jackass, but I would think the fault for this lies solely at the feet of the student. If I made something I wanted to keep, I wouldn't put the only copy on a thing that was being given away.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39575 on: October 30, 2013, 09:21:38 pm »

just found a slug that was over 3 inches long (without me having to stretch it) crawling on the kitchen counter. Where are they coming from?!?!
Other slugs?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39576 on: October 30, 2013, 09:24:32 pm »

Can't stuff come in through th'pipes occasionally?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #39577 on: October 30, 2013, 09:26:03 pm »

In a genuine WTF moment for me today, I had an all-day argument at work over whether the swastika was originally a European (migrating to Asia via the Phoenicans or other pre-Greece civilizations) or an Asian (Same thing, in the other direction) symbol. Of course, arguing with Miss "I'll believe the first thing anyone says to me and defend it against all challenge unless I was personally there." is an exercise in futility.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39578 on: October 30, 2013, 09:30:37 pm »

That sounds valid to me, but I don't know the history behind that. I just know it's a commonly used symbol for good luck in the East. Or, it was, at the least.

It was used in Europe and the Americas a fair bit though, if I remember correctly. Then Hitler ruined it, just like the "Chaplin".

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39579 on: October 30, 2013, 09:32:14 pm »

For one thing, the Hindu Swastika and Nazi Swastika aren't identical, they're mirrors of one another.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #39580 on: October 30, 2013, 09:33:00 pm »

It was used extensively in most parts of the world, not just in Asia. It was, for example, the personal symbol of Apollo, and engraved on his throne. I just found it to be a ludicrous argument after the fact.

Edit: MSH, that's a modern retcon. Historically, ALL uses of the symbol were used in both directions, including by the Nazis.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39581 on: October 30, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »

I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal now, and dear fucking god do they throw the magic items at you.

"Oh, literally every single person you fight has magic weapons, unless they don't. That guy over there, the generic asshole guard? +1 Longsword, +2 Chainmail, +1 Large Shield. Those orcs over there? +1 Battleaxes, all of 'em. The mage? ... He's a gorram mage, do the math."

That said, when I DO encounter people with non-enchanted weapons, it's really nice because my main character is immune to +1 weapons and below, and with a 95% magic resistance and a sword that can cast dispel three times a day AND dispels on hit AND saves of a fucking demigod paladin, there ain't a mage in the game that scares him. Save or die? Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Failed save? Magic resistance. Also, he has a -9 AC, which is pretty good.

At level 19, I'm either going to Dual Class him to Cleric (But then I lose my Holy Avenger sword. D:) or dual class him to some sort of Fighter Kit, or Barbarian. Or maybe Ranger kit/something. Haven't figured it out.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39582 on: October 30, 2013, 09:43:49 pm »

find the source and reenact this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If I ever find slugs crawling around, I will do this.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39583 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »

There is a subreddit dedicated to me.
http://www.reddit.com/r/lordcooper
Wat.
Why? Like seriously, why would anyone do this?
I know! Obviously they should have made it about me.

I just tried, but couldn't find you on there :(
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39584 on: October 30, 2013, 10:21:51 pm »

I think I should link to the post where you mention it.
Pages: 1 ... 2637 2638 [2639] 2640 2641 ... 11040