Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2569 2570 [2571] 2572 2573 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14428044 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38550 on: October 09, 2013, 02:16:10 pm »

Seriously Gawker, why do you randomly have a gif of Miley Cyrus grinding herself from that twerking show on the sidebar?

Right.. 'popular on kinja' whatever that is.
fixed your link~
What are the meaning, origin, and other applicable facts of the "tilde as punctuation" thing people on the internet do?
I guess it's basically an expression of friendlyness, like a crossover between ;) and :).
I have weird reservations about :), I only use it when I'm really, really happy/grateful/whatever. And for explaining stuff, I guess~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38551 on: October 09, 2013, 02:32:34 pm »

I'm beginning to feel like I have some kind of mini bi-polar disorder.

I keep having it where, for no reason, over the course of a day every so often, I'll be happy. Then sad, then happy...
Nah, that's normal human stuff. Bi-polar disorder is massive shifts that happen over months.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38552 on: October 09, 2013, 03:00:19 pm »

It's not "mini bipolar", you are just experiencing mood swings.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38553 on: October 09, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »

:), especially the text-based version, always looked so very insincere to me. :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38554 on: October 09, 2013, 03:33:42 pm »

:), especially the text-based version, always looked so very insincere to me. :/
I wonder why that is. It's okay, I'm sure you can figure it out :)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #38555 on: October 09, 2013, 03:34:57 pm »

I agree ;)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38556 on: October 09, 2013, 03:35:23 pm »

I keep having it where, for no reason, over the course of a day every so often, I'll be happy. Then sad, then happy...
Nah, that's normal human stuff. Bi-polar disorder is massive shifts that happen over months.
Well, all mental disorders have a basis in normal behavior, so he's not completely wrong.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38557 on: October 09, 2013, 03:37:06 pm »

Well, all mental disorders have a basis in normal behavior, so he's not completely wrong.
I found no evidence of any correlation between daily mood swings and Bi-polar disorder. For all we know, it might be a completely different feedback system.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38558 on: October 09, 2013, 04:15:33 pm »

I found no evidence of any correlation between daily mood swings and Bi-polar disorder. For all we know, it might be a completely different feedback system.
Could be some freaky ultra-rapid cycling form - for all we know, the collection of symptoms known as 'bipolar' might be caused by many seperate diseases. Bipolar mood swings don't necessarily take months; my phases (when not or undermedicated, that is) take about a week each. Thankfully they're rather mild, no full-blown mania or epic-level depression~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38559 on: October 09, 2013, 05:25:33 pm »

Bi-polar disorder is where the part of your brain responsible for giddiness simply stars going, and going, and going, through days and nights, till they crash.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Bipolar disorder, also known as bipolar affective disorder, manic-depressive disorder, or manic depression, is a mental illness classified by psychiatry as a mood disorder. Individuals with bipolar disorder experience episodes of an elevated or agitated mood known as mania (or hypomania, depending on the severity) alternating with episodes of depression.

Mania can occur with different levels of severity. At milder levels of mania, or "hypomania", individuals appear energetic, excitable, and may be highly productive. As mania becomes more severe, individuals begin to behave erratically and impulsively, often making poor decisions due to unrealistic ideas about the future, and may have great difficulty with sleep. At the most severe level, individuals can experience very distorted beliefs about the world known as psychosis.

Individuals who experience manic episodes also commonly experience depressive episodes; some experience a mixed state in which features of both mania and depression are present at the same time. Manic and depressive episodes last from a few days to several months.
About 4% of people suffer from bipolar disorder.
Facts.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38560 on: October 09, 2013, 05:36:21 pm »

For me I think most sideways emotes look stupid and insincere.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38561 on: October 09, 2013, 05:43:34 pm »

For me I think most sideways emotes look stupid and insincere.
I think all smileys look stupid and insincere. At least, the ones that aren't there jokingly (like most of the MSPA forum ones).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #38562 on: October 09, 2013, 05:58:46 pm »

Way to ruin the one shot we had at expressing emotion through text, guys. Thanks a bunch!

:))

In all seriousness, I've never seen any hidden subtexts of malice behind any emoticons. (Except the ones actually designed to express evil, like >:)) I tend to use them when I'm not entirely confident the way I would be saying those things is conveyed. (Think things like this)
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38563 on: October 09, 2013, 06:41:00 pm »

I find it extremely difficult to see :) as anything other than sarcastic.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38564 on: October 09, 2013, 06:42:55 pm »

I only detect sarcasm in emoticons when they contrast with the text.

"I hate your guts :)" is very sarcastic, where as "good job! :)" isn't.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2569 2570 [2571] 2572 2573 ... 11039