Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2568 2569 [2570] 2571 2572 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430287 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38535 on: October 08, 2013, 10:22:54 pm »

... th'hell kinda' channel is your TV set to that either of those is an option?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38536 on: October 08, 2013, 10:25:40 pm »

... th'hell kinda' channel is your TV set to that either of those is an option?
Lifetime and Oxygen would probably have both.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38537 on: October 08, 2013, 11:47:16 pm »

Why are there pre-rooted phones? Seriously? Rooting an android phone one of the simplest things, even for the stuff you can't one-click-root. If you aren't computer savvy enough to be able to root a phone, why the heck would you want superuser access anyway?

I would like a rooted phone, but have absolutely no idea how to root my phone or any particular desire to learn. But I looked into it anyway because I wanted it, and found out - hey, for some Android phones, rooting is actually kind of hard or at least has risks involved! Plus it usually means you forego the warranty.

Even beyond all that, think of it like this - if you want a box you can keep stuff in, you don't go out and buy the one locked with a padlock you can't open, take it home, and saw the padlock off when there is another box that lacks the padlock. It just doesn't make any sense why you wouldn't want to just skip the sawing and grab an unlocked box.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:54:06 pm by GlyphGryph »

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #38538 on: October 09, 2013, 12:40:57 am »

I can also say that, if you're a guy who works on computers a lot, then you likely embody to some extent the three virtues of a great programmer. In this case, you want the rooted phone, but you're too lazy to be bothered, and too impatient to waste your time when people have done it for you, at least when you've yet to purchase a phone.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38539 on: October 09, 2013, 01:01:51 am »

WTF of the night: I was playing KSP...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After everything that went wrong, all that thrashing about and crashing into things and exploding, I'm pretty sure both Bill and anyone I could have hypothetically picked up in the other two capsules would have survived the landing. I suppose I should be glad parachutes and parachute cords don't have physics collisions.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38540 on: October 09, 2013, 02:44:31 am »

So I don't want to be insensitive, but at the same time I can't resist...

When he gets his eye checked does he see an optometrist or a dentist?
Surely he goes to the optodontrist.

Huh. Not sure if real.

Seems too awfully convenient to be true for me. Then again, it would be hilariously ironic if a fake god like Serapis was rooted out by another religion based on a fake messiah.

It seems too recent to know for sure, but I doubt it'd cause a wide controversy seeing the news' reluctance to oppose any major groups like Christians, conversatives, et cetera. The whole thing'll probably be buried.

Feel free to yell at me if this is not the case in the future.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:57:25 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38541 on: October 09, 2013, 05:37:06 am »

I myself am christian and am somewhat offended by his claims.
However he can believe what he wants, I myself have experienced enough in my lifetime to believe in Jesus.
Now my post is merely a post of opinion, no need to make elephants out of mice.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:38:55 am by Ultimuh »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #38542 on: October 09, 2013, 05:53:24 am »

I believe it is irrelevant. Whether Jesus did or did not exist do not matter as far as I'm concerned.
It's not because I'm atheist (I'm agnostic in fact), but as a scientist (in formation), I see religion as a moral code, a sociologic/ethnologic construction, here to codify and justify morale (because science cannot do that). What's important is that people believe in the message (peace, love, tolerance...).
Of course if the religion's morale code conflict with mine to the point that coexistence is no longer possible (see extremists), that's another matter entirely.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38543 on: October 09, 2013, 07:17:02 am »

Apparently all youtube videos are now centered for me. Meaning that half the screen is lodged firmly beneath the related videos, and the only way to see the full video is to put it on fullscreen.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38544 on: October 09, 2013, 08:00:45 am »

Apparently all youtube videos are now centered for me. Meaning that half the screen is lodged firmly beneath the related videos, and the only way to see the full video is to put it on fullscreen.
Use Youtube Center. It auto-adjusts player size to fit your screen exactly by default, and can be manually altered if you don't want that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38545 on: October 09, 2013, 10:20:36 am »

Even beyond all that, think of it like this - if you want a box you can keep stuff in, you don't go out and buy the one locked with a padlock you can't open, take it home, and saw the padlock off when there is another box that lacks the padlock. It just doesn't make any sense why you wouldn't want to just skip the sawing and grab an unlocked box.

When most of the uses of the non-padlocked box require at least as much savvy as it takes to saw the lock off a box, you're just setting yourself up for failure.

Love lue's link, though.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38546 on: October 09, 2013, 02:05:33 pm »

Seriously Gawker, why do you randomly have a gif of Miley Cyrus grinding herself from that twerking show on the sidebar?

Right.. 'popular on kinja' whatever that is.
EDIT: Fixed my link.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:42:38 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #38547 on: October 09, 2013, 02:07:57 pm »

Seriously Gawker, why do you randomly have a gif of Miley Cyrus grinding herself from that twerking show on the sidebar?

fixed your link~

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38548 on: October 09, 2013, 02:13:48 pm »

fixed your link~
What are the meaning, origin, and other applicable facts of the "tilde as punctuation" thing people on the internet do?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38549 on: October 09, 2013, 02:14:59 pm »

fixed your link~
What are the meaning, origin, and other applicable facts of the "tilde as punctuation" thing people on the internet do?
It means... something. I don't actually know.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2568 2569 [2570] 2571 2572 ... 11039