Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2478 2479 [2480] 2481 2482 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14422062 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37185 on: September 09, 2013, 02:24:11 pm »

“When you shoot a gun, you take it out and point and shoot, and I don't necessarily think eyesight is necessary.”
- Michael Barber
Isn't it generally considered important what is being shot at?
This is america, no.
We are Dwarves that fire willy nilly at a moving target.
In your typical self-defense situation, the range isn't much greater than punching range. Many self-defense experts recommend revolvers over automatics for this reason (an automatic will often fail if it is fired in contact with something because the slide is pushed back.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #37186 on: September 09, 2013, 05:06:13 pm »

That story sounds like something I would have made up when I was abroad, along with the $3 bill sporting John Kennedy and the dangers of letting big gummint run Social Security. It is, after all, a uniquely American combination: equality for all citizens, gun-happy politicians and ill-thought-out consequences.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:11:18 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37187 on: September 09, 2013, 07:39:23 pm »

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37188 on: September 09, 2013, 07:50:21 pm »

Note to self: If food, horrible deformities may put off being eaten.

Though that does kinda' make me wonder... with aquarium food, do they cook the ones that die of old age?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37189 on: September 09, 2013, 08:17:26 pm »

♫ Her name was Lola,
She was a Lobster.
With antennae on her maw,
and a 6-pronged mutant claw... ♫

But yeah, it's kinda cool how that stuff can happen. Our fingers are actually just fractal, smaller versions of our arms, with a hard plate on the end that grows from a modified hair follicle (the nail). It'd be cool to look at her lobster genetics, and see what point mutation happened to fractalize her claws like that, for Science.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37190 on: September 09, 2013, 08:32:29 pm »

♫ Her name was Lola,
She was a Lobster.

But yeah, it's kinda cool how that stuff can happen. Our fingers are actually just fractal, smaller versions of our arms, with a hard plate on the end that grows from a modified hair follicle (the nail). It'd be cool to look at her lobster genetics, and see what point mutation happened to fractalize her claws like that, for Science.

Dude. My fingers feel funny now.

why. Why would you say that.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37191 on: September 09, 2013, 08:35:47 pm »

Damn you Soli and Puffer. Now I'm all hyper-aware of my fingers and I'm getting really freakishly introspective and and and andandand

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37192 on: September 09, 2013, 08:58:11 pm »

I'm typing with mutant miniaturized arms!  Oh ye gods WHY!  It cannot be unlearned! 

I need learning bleach!  Quickly to the liquor store!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:01:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37193 on: September 09, 2013, 09:08:03 pm »

There's a skeleton inside of you. It's hard and also a little brittle. It keeps you from being a flesh blob.

There's a bunch of different single-celled organisms acting as one system processing toxins and good things for your body. It's called the liver.

Inside those cells live another cell. Mitochondria. It's got its own DNA. It lives inside every cell of your body.

Your body processes organic matter and then turns it into heat energy.

Your brain is nothing but electrochemical processes.

I scare myself sometimes with every last one of these thoughts augh.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37194 on: September 09, 2013, 09:21:34 pm »

?

But it's all fascinating!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37195 on: September 09, 2013, 09:27:08 pm »

Have you ever looked at the back of your hand and realize there's a few cuts there you never felt? When I saw it, its already dry and sealed up and keeps bugging me, when did that happen?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37196 on: September 09, 2013, 09:31:30 pm »

I need learning bleach!  Quickly to the liquor store!

Grain alcohol: For when a man needs to forget everything that just fucking happened

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37197 on: September 09, 2013, 09:35:47 pm »

♫ Her name was Lola,
She was a Lobster.

It's actually a five pronged claw, you get six when you include the other claw... Also I can't help but feel the aquarium owner's assessment of "genetic mutation" is probably inaccurate.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37198 on: September 09, 2013, 09:40:37 pm »

There's a skeleton inside of you. It's hard and also a little brittle. It keeps you from being a flesh blob.

There's a bunch of different single-celled organisms acting as one system processing toxins and good things for your body. It's called the liver.

Inside those cells live another cell. Mitochondria. It's got its own DNA. It lives inside every cell of your body.

Your body processes organic matter and then turns it into heat energy.

Your brain is nothing but electrochemical processes.

Man, more then anything, is matter. He's alive, et cetera, but more then anything, he's flesh. Lose track of that sometimes.
?

But it's all fascinating!
Fascinating, ha. No better reminder of your own mortality.
He felt goose pimples clacking all over him as he gazed down despondently at the grim secret Snowden had spilled all over the messy floor. It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage. The spirit gone, man is garbage. That was Snowden's secret. Ripeness was all.
You're nothing more then the sum of your parts really. And your parts are fragile as all hell. Millions of cells, all over your body, mindlessly keeping you alive, each a potential traitor. Totally unrelated Snowden to Edward J by the way. Only 2 people I know who have that name, but whatever.

Have you ever looked at the back of your hand and realize there's a few cuts there you never felt? When I saw it, its already dry and sealed up and keeps bugging me, when did that happen?
This happens far too damn often to me. It freaks me out. I have entire scars I don't remember.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #37199 on: September 09, 2013, 09:43:54 pm »

play with any cats recently?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 2478 2479 [2480] 2481 2482 ... 11039