Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2477 2478 [2479] 2480 2481 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14422515 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37170 on: September 09, 2013, 04:11:21 am »

I just witnessed Charlie Sheen spell out the phrase "hash tag" on twitter.
I guess he got bored of coke.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37171 on: September 09, 2013, 08:14:04 am »

So a few weeks ago I used a big staple gun and a big thick towel to near-completely cover up the only window in my room. It blocks 99.9% of light, for all intents and purposes.

Cause I work at night and have to sleep in the day, this is the largest improvement to my sleeping ability that has ever happened. I feel a toll on my sanity has been taken though, since now when you're in my room, it's virtually impossible to tell whether it is night or day.

It just bothers me that when I'm sitting here at my computer, and I see the clock says "2:50", I have to consciously tell myself "That's AM Josh, no matter how awake you feel, that's AM and not PM".
Yeah, graveyard shift gets old really fast.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37172 on: September 09, 2013, 09:16:14 am »

In which case you need you some chlorine trifluoride.
Why did I just go look up chlorine trifluoride?

Quote from: Wikipedia
Chlorine trifluoride and gases like it have been reported to ignite sand, asbestos, and other highly fire-retardant materials. In an industrial accident, a spill of 900 kg of chlorine trifluoride burned through 30 cm of concrete and 90 cm of gravel beneath.
It ignites glass on contact.
Just in case there are a few people out there that haven't seen this yet:  Sand Won't Save You This Time.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37173 on: September 09, 2013, 09:45:23 am »

Nobody mentioned yet how it EXPLODES when it touches water?

Looking up more information at least yer sorta ok with a CO2 extinguisher....  It won't actually DO anything because it seems to be self oxidizing, but it won't make it worse at least.

Screw magma, Chlorine triflouride solves all problems.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:51:47 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37174 on: September 09, 2013, 09:48:23 am »

Nobody mentioned yet how it EXPLODES when it touches water?

Screw magma, Chlorine triflouride solves all problems.

dwarven material science must be employed to make it a rock

then melt it

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #37175 on: September 09, 2013, 09:53:18 am »

So a few weeks ago I used a big staple gun and a big thick towel to near-completely cover up the only window in my room. It blocks 99.9% of light, for all intents and purposes.

Cause I work at night and have to sleep in the day, this is the largest improvement to my sleeping ability that has ever happened. I feel a toll on my sanity has been taken though, since now when you're in my room, it's virtually impossible to tell whether it is night or day.

It just bothers me that when I'm sitting here at my computer, and I see the clock says "2:50", I have to consciously tell myself "That's AM Josh, no matter how awake you feel, that's AM and not PM".
It's weird to me that murrican grocery stores like Giant Eagle are open all day long.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37176 on: September 09, 2013, 10:13:01 am »

It's weird to me that murrican grocery stores like Giant Eagle are open all day long.
Must be a regional thing, because that's the first time I've heard of that store.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37177 on: September 09, 2013, 10:29:08 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/08/iowa-granting-gun-permits-to-blind/

I don't.... It doesn't.... There's too.... Really?

I don't even know where to begin. Let's start with what might be the least obvious and entirely skip the article's purported point: Fox News has an article suggesting there should be gun control.  Then let's move to how the article has to specifically note that Stevie Wonder is blind. Now now, we'll skip right over the initial pun, because we don't want to encourage this, "No one could see this coming," gargle-mesh.  Ooo, vomit educing level of punny, my favorite....

This is one Fox News article where the average reader's emotions are impossible to predict. Ordinarily, safe bet most Fox News readers would respond to an article liking gun control with the standard, "Shut up you stupid hippies, hands off my guns." Interestingly, some of them are going around saying the gun control laws making sure you can see what you are shooting is ok. Clearly this is a sharp departure from the usual "gun control is the devil and screw you too" network policy."

Wow
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37178 on: September 09, 2013, 10:33:25 am »

“When you shoot a gun, you take it out and point and shoot, and I don't necessarily think eyesight is necessary.”
- Michael Barber

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #37179 on: September 09, 2013, 10:35:53 am »

After a day of petty bickering (happens to the best of us) I make one more stab-veiled-as-a-quip. 10 seconds later:
Wife: "DIVORCE! *pause here*
... is a tv-series that I want to watch, can you download it for me?"
Me, after my heart started beating again: "Djeez can you not say words like that on our friggin honeymoon?" (yes I swear like that)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37180 on: September 09, 2013, 11:01:27 am »

-snip-

One of my favourite quotes is from a youtube channel I enjoy called "Iraqveteran8888".

"Hell, I sold a gun to a blind man once."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37181 on: September 09, 2013, 11:07:39 am »

“When you shoot a gun, you take it out and point and shoot, and I don't necessarily think eyesight is necessary.”
- Michael Barber
Isn't it generally considered important what is being shot at?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37182 on: September 09, 2013, 12:09:07 pm »

- Michael Barber
Isn't it generally considered important what is being shot at?
This is america, no.
We are Dwarves that fire willy nilly at a moving target.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37183 on: September 09, 2013, 12:11:35 pm »

I bought the Civilization IV: Complete Edition on Steam.

I somehow got it double. Now I have two Civ IVs in my Library o.O

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37184 on: September 09, 2013, 12:16:35 pm »

The second one is an uninstallable mac version, AFAIK.
Pages: 1 ... 2477 2478 [2479] 2480 2481 ... 11039