Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2334 2335 [2336] 2337 2338 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448651 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #35025 on: July 17, 2013, 03:34:22 pm »

Well that or he sweats a lot at night and becomes dehydrated.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #35026 on: July 17, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

Nope. My nose is both spacious and quite straight, and I'm positive I don't open my mouth while I sleep.

I'm also the least sweaty person I know; the only time you'll see sweat staining my shirt is when I'm exercising in 85F (30 C) degree weather or hotter. And that's only when I really push myself.

I've poked around what could be causing it, and I'm fairly certain I'm not diabetic or anything. Eating more salty foods helped for a bit (Oddly - It's something about retaining salt and water balance), but it's been coming back. The only thing I can really think of is the switch from bottled water to tap water - The tap water is really nice where I live and bottled water is expensive. It still may have chlorine or whatever that my body's not used to.

Maybe I'm a vampire and I'm thirsty for blood. That's the only other option.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35027 on: July 17, 2013, 03:46:15 pm »

My suggestion: Try setting an alarm and getting up to get a glass of water during the night a couple times, see if it helps. Also make sure you are staying adequately hydrated throughout the day.

If it's going in clear but it's not coming out clear, drink moar.

Maybe try gatorade?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:52:34 pm by GlyphGryph »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35028 on: July 17, 2013, 03:51:17 pm »

Eating more salty foods helped for a bit (Oddly - It's something about retaining salt and water balance), but it's been coming back.

Ahh I see. So you keep very poor electrolyte balance.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35029 on: July 17, 2013, 04:12:36 pm »

Found out recently that the head supervisor has been covering up the consequences of pulling the entire manual search department (where they search by title and author instead of ISBN) every day by simply sending out the backlog with the recycle. To put this in perspective, the hand sort department, which makes up around %10 of the workforce, was responsible for about %30 of our sales (closer to %40 of sales value due to the older books having generally higher prices.) Reported this to upper management, and they professed not to believe that that is happening, despite the CLEARLY LABLED boxes staged near the loading dock with the other recycle, where a truck from the recycling company is parked. I honestly am starting to think that this company is trying very hard NOT to make money.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #35030 on: July 17, 2013, 04:49:13 pm »

Some people have their nose not perfectly straigth, and therefore they open their mouth when sleeping because they can't breethe with it, hence the feeling of extreme thirst in the morning.

Wow, you may have just singlehandedly explained why I'm always thirsty.  I have a deviated septum that's bad enough that I can't effectively breathe through my nose, even when I'm awake.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35031 on: July 17, 2013, 04:50:50 pm »

So there is a little virus, it's ok.
._.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #35032 on: July 17, 2013, 04:54:18 pm »

Shit-storm going on in another thread? Bring it into more threads! Bring it into ALL threads!

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35034 on: July 17, 2013, 06:03:18 pm »

Once upon a time an indie game development company from Texas called Minicore Studios decided to make a platform game. It was named "Laika Believes: The Sun at Night".
According to the plotline, the first dog to be launched to space, Laika, somehow returns back to Earth, somehow becoming a canine cyborg along the way. While she was in space, the Evil Soviet Union conquered the world. When Laika returns to Earth, she joins the resistance movement fighting the Soviets. It's not the best plot, in my opinion, but for a platformer, it's fine.
One Russian news site decided to report the development of this game. Soon, some Russian Stalinists found the news article.
They reacted the usual way they react to a book/film/game with Russian/Soviet antagonists: with ☭INFINITE ANTI-AMERICAN RUSSIAN RAGE!!!☭
They showed up at Minicore Studios's Facebook page and decided to inform those "stupid Texan degenerates" of American bastards' aggressive imperialist foreign policies by spamming the page with with this picture.

So, an indie game about a canine cyborg fighting the Soviets created by 8 people to bring them some money from sales on Steam is actually a propaganda piece deliberately created to show Russians in a bad light. Yeah, sure.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:06:01 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35035 on: July 17, 2013, 06:21:08 pm »

Cops on Fire With Erections
Probably NSFW for language. Also for weird.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35036 on: July 17, 2013, 06:23:38 pm »

0-0
That is a badass picture. I have no fucking clue how that is anti-American.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35037 on: July 17, 2013, 06:42:13 pm »

Some people have their nose not perfectly straigth, and therefore they open their mouth when sleeping because they can't breethe with it, hence the feeling of extreme thirst in the morning.

Wow, you may have just singlehandedly explained why I'm always thirsty.  I have a deviated septum that's bad enough that I can't effectively breathe through my nose, even when I'm awake.
A sizeable percentage of the population has a deviated septum without any actual clinical manifestations. So don't be too hasty.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35038 on: July 17, 2013, 06:45:55 pm »

0-0
That is a badass picture. I have no fucking clue how that is anti-American.
The pile of skeletons beneath Uncle Sam represent the victims of American crimes against humanity.
The image is meant to symbolize that Americans have no right to condemn the actions of Russia/Soviet Union because Americans killed a lot more people that Russia/Soviet Union*.
*The amount of people killed by Americans vary depending on the level of Anti-Americanism of a Russian person describing it.

Russians also spammed Minicore's Facebook page with a quotation from a Soviet propaganda book about racism in the United States.
...Laika was deliberately sent into space, even though it was known that she'll die. Soon after that, a group of women from Mississippi filed a complaint to the United Nations. They demanded to condemn the cruel treatment of dogs in the USSR and stated that if it is necessary to sent living creatures into space, there are enough Negro children in their town.

A. Laurinchukas, "The Third Side of the Dollar", 1968

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:52:30 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35039 on: July 17, 2013, 07:00:00 pm »

0-0
Except there's no indicator of who the bodies belong to. It could just as easily be taken that he was attacked by an army of poorly-equipped soldiers and he defended himself. And after killing them, he wept that he had to kill.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 2334 2335 [2336] 2337 2338 ... 11040