Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2218 2219 [2220] 2221 2222 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457778 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #33285 on: June 06, 2013, 05:48:10 pm »

Maybe slap a bandaid on it?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33286 on: June 06, 2013, 05:49:15 pm »

Yes, I'll just put a bandaid between my teeth.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33287 on: June 06, 2013, 05:52:13 pm »

Slap some gauze in there then. Or don't; no skin off my back (or flesh off my gums).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33288 on: June 06, 2013, 05:53:57 pm »

Like I said, it's stopped bleeding. I think it'll be fine.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33289 on: June 06, 2013, 06:03:39 pm »

The mouth is one of the few places we shrug off as being fine when it starts bleeding. Usually, this is bad.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33290 on: June 06, 2013, 06:05:26 pm »

I am noticing a weird trend in Kickstarter

Apparently people like linking to other kickstarters in comment pages.

Huh. Is it like Youtube video adverts ("This vid's good, but my vid's much better! Check it out and subscribe [link]") or is it more complicated?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33291 on: June 06, 2013, 06:14:19 pm »

The mouth is one of the few places we shrug off as being fine when it starts bleeding. Usually, this is bad.
This is hardly the first time I've had bleeding after removing stuck food or flossing. My gums are not at all tolerant of being messed with. I once freaked out a dental assistant when she flossed me during a cleaning and I started bleeding everywhere. As far as I'm concerned it's normal, I was just surprised by the volume of the blood.
No Gods, No Masters.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #33292 on: June 06, 2013, 06:21:33 pm »

But this is the Internet. We must advise you about the everything.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33293 on: June 06, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

Yeah, bleeding a bit after a good flossing isn't unusual, even less so if something was jammed in between your teeth. One of the reasons we tend not to worry is that the mouth is one of the fastest-healing parts of the body.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33294 on: June 06, 2013, 06:31:15 pm »

This is hardly the first time I've had bleeding after removing stuck food or flossing. My gums are not at all tolerant of being messed with. I once freaked out a dental assistant when she flossed me during a cleaning and I started bleeding everywhere. As far as I'm concerned it's normal, I was just surprised by the volume of the blood.
Could also be gum disease, which can fuck your day up. Get it checked, you've got a lot to lose.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33295 on: June 06, 2013, 06:33:29 pm »

Could also be gum disease, which can fuck your day up. Get it checked, you've got a lot to lose.
You are not understanding me. This has been the case for my entire life, I do not have any gum disease. I'm not getting anything checked. I go to my dentist every six months and that costs plenty as it is.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33296 on: June 06, 2013, 06:50:23 pm »

You are not understanding me. This has been the case for my entire life, I do not have any gum disease. I'm not getting anything checked. I go to my dentist every six months and that costs plenty as it is.
[Your gums should not bleed when you touch or brush them]. Is your dentist a bretty good one?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33297 on: June 06, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »

My dentist is excellent, as I've bragged about on here before. He can accomplish fillings and injections painlessly, and while I've thankfully not had cause to experience it my mother claims he can do the same for a root canal.

Anyway, they don't bleed when I touch or brush them. They bleed when I floss or remove food that's been stuck for too long. Anyway, I'm not entertaining this. What, you think I've had gum disease since I started having teeth with no consequences?
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33298 on: June 06, 2013, 06:56:37 pm »

My dentist is excellent, as I've bragged about on here before. He can accomplish fillings and injections painlessly, and while I've thankfully not had cause to experience it my mother claims he can do the same for a root canal.

Anyway, they don't bleed when I touch or brush them. They bleed when I floss or remove food that's been stuck for too long. Anyway, I'm not entertaining this. What, you think I've had gum disease since I started having teeth with no consequences?
Don't confuse concern with something condescending, I'm just worried about this sort of thing after seeing it happen.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #33299 on: June 06, 2013, 08:47:53 pm »

Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 2218 2219 [2220] 2221 2222 ... 11040