Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432401 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32295 on: May 19, 2013, 12:57:43 am »

Ok what would it take to find a cure for Asthma?
Eucalyptus oil is a sure cure. My sister suffers from terrible asthma, she has been known to have attacks just walking down the street that cause her to pass out. Solution: Breathing in steaming eucalyptus oil mixed with water in the morning, and she is fine all day.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32296 on: May 19, 2013, 01:14:00 am »

That's more a short-term treatment, rather than a cure.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32297 on: May 19, 2013, 01:28:27 am »

Yeah I was referring to a cure rather then a treatment

I am not a terrible sufferer from Asthma, I will never likely get an attack... But unless I take my strong medication it means I cannot just exercise if I want to... If I forget to take it at a certain time of the day I can faint while laughing. If there is smog I'll be uncomfortable all day because my breathing will be more labored.

I am not in the tragic category... but between needing glasses and needing Asthma medication... I'd rather my lungs fixed then my eyes.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32298 on: May 19, 2013, 01:56:35 am »

what... the.... fuck....
Warning- Probally NSFW
That song is going to be stuck in my head forever. I'm not sure whether I'm angry or happy about that.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32299 on: May 19, 2013, 02:00:25 am »

:I

I fixed it, guiz. It's gone. Dead. Off my extensions. Deleted.
Not necessarily. It is very possible that there is still malware that will reinstall the extension at some point. Just a heads up.
Yeah, do a scan with SUPERantispyware or Malwarebytes. Can't trust these things to stay away.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32300 on: May 19, 2013, 02:59:58 am »

I'm so tired right now that it's actually making it hard to sleep.  How does that ever work? 

what... the.... fuck....
Warning- Probally NSFW
That song is going to be stuck in my head forever. I'm not sure whether I'm angry or happy about that.
And I'm trying to make a priiiiiiiiiinces.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32301 on: May 19, 2013, 03:10:58 am »

I'm so tired right now that it's actually making it hard to sleep.  How does that ever work? 

what... the.... fuck....
Warning- Probally NSFW
I've decided that if i ever have kids that game will be how i explain where babies come from.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32302 on: May 19, 2013, 03:18:12 am »

what... the.... fuck....
Warning- Probally NSFW
I've decided that if i ever have kids that game will be how i explain where babies come from.
My understanding is that's basically how it goes except that all of them are wearing top hats.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32303 on: May 19, 2013, 04:17:33 am »

DSM-5 is removing aspergers and reclassifying it as autism spectrum disorder.
Welp... At least that will cut down on kids self diagnosing!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32304 on: May 19, 2013, 04:23:35 am »

The distinction was pretty iffy anyway. It was, in general, pretty much an issue of the time of diagnosis.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32305 on: May 19, 2013, 04:38:43 am »

DSM-5 is removing aspergers and reclassifying it as autism spectrum disorder.
Welp... At least that will cut down on kids self diagnosing!
It isn't removing it, it is removing it as an independent disorder from the autism spectrum.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32306 on: May 19, 2013, 05:18:09 am »

Wasn't it always part of the autism spectrum?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32307 on: May 19, 2013, 05:20:09 am »

Had an argument with my boyfriend, he was trying to help me with my homework but his suggestions weren't reasonable :/  He ended up logging off in a huff.  First time we've been in this kind of situation.  Fast forward a few hours, I go to bed early.  At some point during the night, I have a nightmare about bugs slowly taking over the basement of my parent's house, where I sleep.  Giant golden beetles that doubled as stink bugs, huge praying mantises, and lots of other creepy crawly stingy... things that I can't remember D:  At one point during the nightmare I fall asleep in the basement and wake up covered in the things and being stung.  I woke up still feeling some of the stings, even though there was nothing there.

Then I log onto messenger, boyfriend is on, we talk a little bit and when I mention the dream he looks up dream symbols.  Oh shit:
Beetle

To see a beetle in your dream indicates that some destructive influences may be at work in your waking life.  You may also feel that your values and beliefs are being compromised.
Bug

To see a bug in your dream suggests that you are worried about something. It is symbolic of your anxieties and/or fears. What is literally bugging you? Consider also the popular phrase "bitten by the bug" to imply your strong emotional ties or involvement to some activity/interest/hobby. Alternatively, the bug may be representative of your sexual thoughts.
Praying Mantis

To see a praying mantis in your dream suggests that you are involved in a destructive relationship. It may also indicate that you are preying on others. You are behaving deviously.

I always take dream interpretation with a grain of salt.  Always.  Some of these are spot on, some are more exaggeration (like that mantis one <_<)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32308 on: May 19, 2013, 05:22:04 am »

Wasn't it always part of the autism spectrum?
In the DSM-IV it is classified as a similar but distinct disorder. In the DSM-V it's classified as "above" High-Functioning Autism but entirely within the autism spectrum.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32309 on: May 19, 2013, 05:30:18 am »

Oh, groovy.
In other news, they are also trying to rename BLP. Because that is ever going to happen! It is only cool because it has the most misleading name in all of psychobabble.
Pages: 1 ... 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 ... 11039