Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469131 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #30990 on: April 25, 2013, 03:00:48 pm »

EDIT: Huh, actually did a youtube search, figured it would sound far sillier than it actually does. I'm not a connoisseur of rap music by any means though.
Protip: Not being able to understand what the hell they're saying improves (sometimes exponentially) rap songs something like 110% of the time.

... well, maybe slight exaggeration. It's in the upper nineties, though. It's kinda' like opera in that respect, honestly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #30991 on: April 25, 2013, 03:36:38 pm »

I just meant that the positive ions and not negative electrons were how brains did their thing was taught in high school biology. Never really noticed the original dude said "it doesn't use electricity!"
Yeah, I did not specify because I was WTF'd too much :) But that, and implying electricity must use electrons is what WTF'd me.
That stuff is high-school physics, methinks...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30992 on: April 25, 2013, 03:49:34 pm »

I'm probably just being a short sighted, geographically ignorant, self centered American here...

...but does anyone else find the concept of Ukraine rap amusing?

It's not amusing, it's atrocious. Music industry in Ukraine is horrible as a whole. Here's some Ukrainian rap, if you're interested. I can't say if it looks stange/funny to someone from America, to me it's just stupid (but I'm not into rap anyway).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISClII-RiIw

That doesn't sound half bad, actually. Of course, not understanding the lyrics at all helps a lot, but at least it doesn't appear to be the "look at tha spinning rims on my car/I'm gonna go be misogynist" type of gangsta rap that is far too popular here in the States.

Could be worse! It could be early-90s German rap.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

moondowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30993 on: April 25, 2013, 04:40:06 pm »

That doesn't sound half bad, actually. Of course, not understanding the lyrics at all helps a lot, but at least it doesn't appear to be the "look at tha spinning rims on my car/I'm gonna go be misogynist" type of gangsta rap that is far too popular here in the States. .

We have some of that too, but it's apparently difficult to be Ukrainian and take yourself seriously while exploiting gangsta rap cliches, so most of it is travesty to some point (not as if their audience cares much about that).

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30994 on: April 25, 2013, 06:00:59 pm »

Try as I might, I cannot get a proper English translation of those lyrics. The translator has the gibberish put in and has completely different gibberish coming out the other end.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30995 on: April 25, 2013, 06:16:25 pm »

Another student died recently, but this was a strange one. According to the university newspaper and the report they sent out, they just found him dead in his dorm room. The police don't suspect foul play, but that leaves me wondering.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30996 on: April 25, 2013, 06:18:05 pm »

I heard on the news that the Boston Bomber Bros. were supposedly brainwashed by someone known only as "Misha". For some reason, my first thought was "Ultimate Drill Works".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30997 on: April 25, 2013, 06:18:31 pm »

Another student died recently, but this was a strange one. According to the university newspaper and the report they sent out, they just found him dead in his dorm room. The police don't suspect foul play, but that leaves me wondering.
Could just be a drug overdose, right?

I heard on the news that the Boston Bomber Bros. were supposedly brainwashed by someone known only as "Misha". For some reason, my first thought was "Ultimate Drill Works".
Bahahaha.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30998 on: April 25, 2013, 06:19:49 pm »

That was the most civilized rap conversation I have ever heard. This is brilliant.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30999 on: April 25, 2013, 06:22:00 pm »

Wahahaha.
Fixed. And while posting that, I played Katawa Crash, and immediately after launching, the first thing I hit was Shizune. Game over.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31000 on: April 25, 2013, 06:22:14 pm »

Could just be a drug overdose, right?
It could be, but that's not the point. I desire to know. Not for any reason, just curiosity.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31001 on: April 25, 2013, 06:22:27 pm »

That was the most civilized rap conversation I have ever heard. This is brilliant.

It sounded less angry than normal German talking.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31002 on: April 25, 2013, 06:22:35 pm »

Wahahaha.
Fixed. And while posting that, I played Katawa Crash, and immediately after launching, the first thing I hit was Shizune. Game over.
You win. Not sure what, but you win.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31003 on: April 25, 2013, 06:34:52 pm »

I'm probably just being a short sighted, geographically ignorant, self centered American here...

...but does anyone else find the concept of Ukraine rap amusing?

EDIT: Huh, actually did a youtube search, figured it would sound far sillier than it actually does. I'm not a connoisseur of rap music by any means though.

Coming from Americans? Given your/English speaking music industry, at the very least, i consider it a open field :P.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31004 on: April 25, 2013, 07:43:59 pm »

I'm getting the stoned Vietnam Vets veteran's rights and entitlements talk . .  and a Afghan marine is spotting him ::)

There's no saying no to them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 11037