Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453035 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #29910 on: April 03, 2013, 04:28:03 pm »

Brb genetically modifying intelligent ants
Are you saying ants aren't intelligent?
Without pheromone trails, (fire tends to make this happen) they are pretty much brainless.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29911 on: April 03, 2013, 04:38:22 pm »

Ants: be afraid, Be very afraid.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29912 on: April 03, 2013, 04:40:59 pm »

Without pheromone trails, (fire tends to make this happen) they are pretty much brainless.
Bees, ants, whatever their size are by and large brainless. Yet they function with intricate complexity, notwithstanding their hive minded intelligence. Alone they can solve problems many mammals would struggle with.
Together...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29913 on: April 03, 2013, 05:10:36 pm »

Stupid me X3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29914 on: April 03, 2013, 06:34:04 pm »

Stupid me X3
How hard did you derped?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #29917 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:40 pm »

Oh the things I find on the internet. Truly, 'tis a silly place.
Da fuq.
On that note, I also just found this. I need to stop internetting and go go-outside-ing more.

I'm also still listening to the Lucky Star thing, but that's a minor detail. >.>
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #29918 on: April 03, 2013, 09:52:47 pm »

Oh, Touhou. Or Haruhi. Whatever it is.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29919 on: April 03, 2013, 10:27:26 pm »

We were watching a drug PSA in math today.
Highlights were a guy from 'Nam shouting at some kids in a kiddie pool about something, a talking head in a jar talking about Martha Steward doing something with Aristotle, a guy pointing at a computer screen as saying "This is top of the edge graphics" even thou dwarf fortress had superior graphics when compared to that, and a bunch of other things.  I tried remembering the name o the video to share, but I forgot. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29921 on: April 03, 2013, 10:38:27 pm »

Highlights were a guy from 'Nam shouting at some kids in a kiddie pool about something, a talking head in a jar talking about Martha Steward doing something with Aristotle, a guy pointing at a computer screen as saying "This is top of the edge graphics" even thou dwarf fortress had superior graphics when compared to that, and a bunch of other things.  I tried remembering the name o the video to share, but I forgot.
Heh. One of my friends got the drug talk about a week ago. According to her it included 5 minutes of drug identification followed by half an hour of her mother reminiscing about the good old days. The main line was "If you feel the need to light up, go ahead and do it, just don't do anything too stupid."
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29923 on: April 03, 2013, 10:42:54 pm »

Heh. One of my friends got the drug talk about a week ago. According to her it included 5 minutes of drug identification followed by half an hour of her mother reminiscing about the good old days. The main line was "If you feel the need to light up, go ahead and do it, just don't do anything too stupid."
Reminds me of that hilariously bad 'marihuana' PSA that may or may not be faked.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29924 on: April 03, 2013, 10:47:46 pm »

That's more or less the talk I got back when. "We trust you to not be stupid or get caught. Stay away from anything that could screw you up, and feel free to come to us for advice." Of course I never bothered with drugs, apart from half of a suspect brownie. I still can't believe that SOB got away with selling (and giving away, to friends) pot brownies at school. I suppose being a top student and hiding things in plain sight can let you brazen your way through a lot. >.>

But yeah, goodness knows there would be less temptation for schoolkids to do drugs (and have unprotected sex, etc. etc.) if society wasn't so damned puritanical and dedicated to obfuscation rather than education.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 ... 11040