Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14466260 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #21525 on: November 02, 2012, 10:37:38 pm »

From some of the people I've seen, all that it takes to be a "gentleman" these days is to not be a massive, drunken pile of shit.  :-\
I'm not massive, nor drunken, nor any form of excretement, therefore I am perfect gentleman. /badlogic
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21526 on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:19 pm »

Nonsense, a gentleman is still a gentleman even whilst harmlessly intoxicated!
You still pull out yon lady's chair for her, the only difference is that you topple over onto the floor beside it afterwards.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #21527 on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:57 pm »

This is the problem with social conservatives; it's absolutely true that there's something off with the American family. But they're jumping to the wrong conclusions- high divorce rates are a problem, while teh gayz are not, and although a surplus of single-parent families is nothing to be desired, that's guys' fault for increasingly being undesirable washups, not girls.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21528 on: November 02, 2012, 10:44:42 pm »

although a surplus of single-parent families is nothing to be desired, that's guys' fault for increasingly being undesirable washups, not girls.
I take issue with this. You can't pin all the problems relating to broken marriages on one gender.

Honestly I feel that generally speaking, men have been much better in relationships these days. Still plenty of social issues of course, including family ones that include gender, but we're out of the days where men are considered the unquestioned rulers of households.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #21529 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:07 pm »

although a surplus of single-parent families is nothing to be desired, that's guys' fault for increasingly being undesirable washups, not girls.
I take issue with this. You can't pin all the problems relating to broken marriages on one gender.

Honestly I feel that generally speaking, men have been much better in relationships these days. Still plenty of social issues of course, including family ones that include gender, but we're out of the days where men are considered the unquestioned rulers of households.

I'll grant you that; I know a lot of washup guys, so this is the cross-section I see.

Point conceded.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #21530 on: November 02, 2012, 10:49:17 pm »

Nonsense, a gentleman is still a gentleman even whilst harmlessly intoxicated!

If anything it's easier to give someone your coat when drunk because you feel the cold less anyway.

But seriously, it's not even a gender thing. I'll walk my male friends home if they live a similar direction to me or are drunker than me, and if they're cold I'll offer my coat just the same (I am very good at dealing with the cold, they may not be. I'm very skinny, and possibly as a result very used to being cold. Amusingly, this means the cold actually bothers me little). And if they have a wardrobe malfunction that exposes areas they'd rather not expose, I'll do the decent thing and avert my eyes, be the person male or female.

So it's kinda depressing that these things are "gentlemanly" and not just basic parts of acting like a decent human being...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21531 on: November 02, 2012, 10:51:13 pm »

You have to remember, too, as I'm seeing firsthand, that the divorce system (courts, laws, et al) is designed to fuck men over as hard as possible, for as much as possible, and for as long as possible.

I'm paying child support to a woman who makes more than me, despite equal (if not a little skewed to me) parenting time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21532 on: November 02, 2012, 10:51:23 pm »

I was introducing my friend to the SCP foundation and accidentally directed them to go to 72 instead of 76 ._.

It's FEF, not FEOF

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21533 on: November 02, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »

I was introducing my friend to the SCP foundation and accidentally directed them to go to 72 instead of 76 ._.
*Checks 072*

Thats pretty different from 076-2.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21534 on: November 02, 2012, 10:56:42 pm »

He started yelling at me about ickyness over facebook so now I'm too afraid to check what it is since I'm anout so go to sleep
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #21535 on: November 02, 2012, 11:03:01 pm »

So curious now.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21536 on: November 02, 2012, 11:03:13 pm »

He started yelling at me about ickyness over facebook so now I'm too afraid to check what it is since I'm about so go to sleep
Hehehe, sleep tight, watch for manifestations of 072-2! Of course, at that point, It's too late.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21537 on: November 02, 2012, 11:05:42 pm »

You have to remember, too, as I'm seeing firsthand, that the divorce system (courts, laws, et al) is designed to fuck men over as hard as possible, for as much as possible, and for as long as possible.

I'm paying child support to a woman who makes more than me, despite equal (if not a little skewed to me) parenting time.
Ah, I've heard of people screwed over by this before, but I wasn't sure if you were being screwed as well D:

We really need divorce law reform.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21538 on: November 02, 2012, 11:07:36 pm »

Add it to the pile of reforms. Or piles plural, depending on who you ask.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #21539 on: November 02, 2012, 11:08:31 pm »

Wait. I expected more for 'icky'. She sighs.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 11037