Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480365 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17220 on: September 21, 2012, 11:31:32 pm »

Humans don't have any proven pheromones.

Heh? I thought that was the crap they've been putting in deodorent and perfume for decades now.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17221 on: September 21, 2012, 11:32:27 pm »

Despite these claims, no pheromonal substance has ever been demonstrated to directly influence human behavior in a peer reviewed study.[18][35] Thus, the role of pheromones in human behavior remains speculative and controversial.[36]

It's difficult to study since we like to wash off all our body odors.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17222 on: September 21, 2012, 11:32:27 pm »

Why would you want a human scented candle? People smell freaking horrible! Each one a unique variation of horrid. And then all the cheap scents! You don't even know how much worse it smells when covered up with scented deoderant. Ugh, good god.

Incidentally. have I mentioned I have Hyperosmia?

Please note that human pheremones are not well studied because of the sheer difficulty in getting a perfectly sterile and oderless human being. So most of the "Pheremone" crap is just that.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17223 on: September 21, 2012, 11:35:38 pm »

Despite these claims, no pheromonal substance has ever been demonstrated to directly influence human behavior in a peer reviewed study.[18][35] Thus, the role of pheromones in human behavior remains speculative and controversial.[36]

I personally prefer to smell like a human than a lab-created scent. I don't use scent things like cologne, nor do I use deodorant, but I'm gifted with a rather muted body odor. Plus I shower every day, but I only wash my hair, so I smell like a human, but a clean human. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17224 on: September 21, 2012, 11:39:02 pm »

People actually smell rather nice if they bother to bathe regularly and don't slather on artificial scents. We're hardcoded to enjoy the smell of people on some level, I'd imagine. Personally, I use odorless deodorant and shampoo.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17225 on: September 21, 2012, 11:40:26 pm »

is this references to human hperfure to do with the film "perfume" or some odd guy?
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17226 on: September 21, 2012, 11:40:50 pm »

And it seems a tad odd in that Pheromones are one of those things are meant to only ever slightly alter your decision making processes to further the biological imperative. Studying it closely would of course produce sketchy results, since it's not a strong determining factor, just small one working behind the scenes.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17227 on: September 21, 2012, 11:41:13 pm »

People actually smell rather nice if they bother to bathe regularly and don't slather on artificial scents. We're hardcoded to enjoy the smell of people on some level, I'd imagine. Personally, I use odorless deodorant and shampoo.

Not to me you wouldn't. Although I'm not sure how I could explain to you what it is like.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17228 on: September 21, 2012, 11:42:27 pm »

This. I greatly enjoy the smell of relatively clean people. To an extent. I'm not like running around sniffing people all day, is what I'm saying.

Not to me you wouldn't. Although I'm not sure how I could explain to you what it is like.

Do we smell like animals to you, Mr. Werewolf?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17229 on: September 21, 2012, 11:43:57 pm »

This. I greatly enjoy the smell of relatively clean people. To an extent. I'm not like running around sniffing people all day, is what I'm saying.

I'm not sure if I believe you on that last bit Hans, not after you've told us so much about your... habits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17230 on: September 21, 2012, 11:44:25 pm »

Do we smell like animals to you, Mr. Werewolf?

Q_Q Not funny. My Ears and nose are abnormally sensitive, but my vision is crap. Dr. Wik Epedia could tell you moe

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17231 on: September 21, 2012, 11:49:29 pm »

I'm not sure if I believe you on that last bit Hans, not after you've told us so much about your... habits.

I only sniff people I like. And not like, all creepily. I just like their smell when I smell it.

Q_Q Not funny. My Ears and nose are abnormally sensitive, but my vision is crap. Dr. Wik Epedia could tell you moe

I know what crap vision is like, my friend. And I wasn't intending to be offensive. Just trying to provide a good example. :P Also, poking fun at you for being so wolflike. So a little offensive. :/ But in a friendly way.
He's fucking with us.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17232 on: September 21, 2012, 11:50:18 pm »

I only sniff people I like. And not like, all creepily. I just like their smell when I smell it.

I know what crap vision is like, my friend. And I wasn't intending to be offensive. Just trying to provide a good example. :P Also, poking fun at you for being so wolflike. So a little offensive. :/ But in a friendly way.

Oh it's alright. I'm pretty drunk, so I'm not sure how I am coming off. And no, the irny does not escape me :)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17233 on: September 21, 2012, 11:55:02 pm »

You're all good. And I have poor sense of smell, except for people and rotten stuff, and pretty poor hearing. Also, I can't see clearly past about six inches from my eyes. So, in general, all my sense suck, but I'm quite intelligent, so I'm like... A... Floating brain?
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17234 on: September 21, 2012, 11:55:41 pm »

You sound like me, except for the hearing.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 11037