Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14483728 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17100 on: September 20, 2012, 09:02:15 pm »

The dentist still tells you not to eat sugary things, knowing full well you will.... That doesn't mean he just stands outside his door on Halloween handing out the most tooth destroying candy he can find with a business card attached to it.... Well now that I have that picture in my head the implied analogy isn't so great.
See, I'm right, as always. So, will you be opening Truean's Liquor and Law in 2012 or 2013?

I suppose that would be a bar tucking a DUI lawyer's business card into the label on every beer they serve. Would that deter drunk driving or encourage it, I don't know.

Na, I don't think so though. I'd have to buy the liquor license from somebody. Bars, contrary to popular belief, don't usually make money because the people who buy them are their own best customers.... The notion of myself with access to large amounts of alcohol and clients is not only unethical but may finally end up getting me in the end. :P

No thank you.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17101 on: September 20, 2012, 09:03:23 pm »

Its only unethical if the judge finds out about it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17102 on: September 20, 2012, 09:12:11 pm »

Eh, famous last words before the disbarment....

But I do wonder if that would actually deter people from drunk driving: namely having a little card or something with the drink at the bar.... Then again, it would probably end up like the surgeon general's warning on a packet of cigarettes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:19:16 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17103 on: September 20, 2012, 09:13:58 pm »

Eh, famous last words before the disbarment....

But I do wonder if that would actually deter people from drunk driving: namely having a little card or something with the drink at the bar.... Then again, it would probably end up like the surgeon general's warning on a packet of cigarettes.
i know for around here the lawyers got around and reimbursed any people that took cabs from pubs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17104 on: September 20, 2012, 09:15:20 pm »

You know what you could do? Go to the bar, and hand out your cards to people you suspect may drive drunk, warning them that driving drunk is a bad idea. Wait for the inevitable call. When they do call, tell them that they've already failed to listen to you once, and that you don't want them as customers because of that. Then laugh at them. Then hang up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17105 on: September 20, 2012, 09:20:36 pm »

You know what you could do? Go to the bar, and hand out your cards to people you suspect may drive drunk, warning them that driving drunk is a bad idea. Wait for the inevitable call. When they do call, tell them that they've already failed to listen to you once, and that you don't want them as customers because of that. Then laugh at them. Then hang up.

Really though:

Cameron Diaz
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/6053/382829-tidus1.jpg]

Tidus from FFX:
http://icorners.com/cms/files/images/hair63.preview.jpg

I can't tell the difference.

[shrugs] As for that, I dunno, antagonizing your customer base might not be the best business model. Then again, look at Apple.... I mean that's pretty much all they do and people wait in line for it before releases.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:25:13 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17106 on: September 20, 2012, 09:25:19 pm »

Speaking of Apple, has anyone heard about that whole 'rectangle with rounded corners' thing? That really made go 'WTF?'. Or more accurately, 'Dafuq?'.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17108 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:40 pm »

Is it wrong that my history professor advises us students to take painkillers instead of weed? :P

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17109 on: September 20, 2012, 09:56:02 pm »

Yes, because I'm pretty sure painkillers have worse side effects.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17110 on: September 20, 2012, 09:56:17 pm »

Is it wrong that my history professor advises us students to take painkillers instead of weed? :P

That depends. There are pros and cons to each.

Painkillers of the opioid variety are highly addictive, dangerous, and very powerful in general.

Weed is illegal.

That's the cons. I'm too lazy to do pros. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17111 on: September 20, 2012, 10:17:36 pm »

Pros: Uhhh... You get high?

That's never been a very good Pro for me. I've never sat in my chair and said, whilst stroking my growing neckbeard, "This game really needs more weed. I wish I had pot smoke clouding my view of everything always!"

Speaking of weed, I just remembered an anecdote that really shows how good the Florida school system is. A kid and me are arguing over whether or not weed is addictive. So I decide to get the most reliable source I can: a pothead who's relatively friendly to everyone involved. He says weed is addictive. Kid I was arguing with, having (supposedly) never smoked a day in his life, starts arguing with the pothead about it, claiming that the pothead is wrong.

That's like arguing with a physicist that the terra-centric model of the solar system is right, when you just graduated middle school. It wasn't like Pothead was stupid either. He was pretty smart, at least at that point. I think he went downhill later though.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17112 on: September 20, 2012, 10:21:07 pm »

Pothead sounds kinda like me. I've always known weed can cause psychological dependance. It doesn't give you physical withdrawals because it binds to your fat lipids and slowly releases itself from your system over time. You get agitated, but not shaking, screaming and crying withdrawals.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17113 on: September 20, 2012, 10:22:37 pm »

Being a pothead doesn't make you an authority on the addictive properties of weed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17114 on: September 20, 2012, 10:23:52 pm »

Most potheads actively espouse the opposite, cuz they're dumb AND stoned.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 11037