Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1113 1114 [1115] 1116 1117 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479445 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #16710 on: September 18, 2012, 03:35:01 am »

My dream is to live somewhere grey, cloudy, wet, cold and windy. I've considered both Ketchikan and Tórshavn.

Seattle?

Seattle would be my perfect weather destination.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16711 on: September 18, 2012, 03:37:18 am »

My dream is to live somewhere grey, cloudy, wet, cold and windy. I've considered both Ketchikan and Tórshavn.

Seattle?
Move with me there! I could use a roommate.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #16712 on: September 18, 2012, 04:25:19 am »

No, Seattle's just an extra-cloudy Mediterranean climate. It's sunny in summer. Tórshavn gets about a third of the amount of sun Seattle does, and more rain. I live in Pittsburgh at the moment (well, Finland, but Pittsburgh's where I'm from), which is actually cloudier and rainier.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16713 on: September 18, 2012, 07:02:52 am »

Tórshavn, huh. Need to look this place up. Is the ground conducive to underground habitats?

Actually, I just looked it up and still can't really tell where the hell it is. Huh. East coast of Streymoy? Faroe islands? Seems to be near europe as the vikings were involved somehow. Also island, which makes cave-home less likely. I like water well enough, but I'd prefer something forested and somewhat mountainous. Or a bog. Not really interested in living on the coast, though near large bodies of (inland) water sounds good.

E: Ah, looked up faroe islands. It's a little rock roughly in between britian and, uh. Iceland? I didn't even know there was anything there! Does look like it might be somewhat hilly, so maybe a half buried house would be possible. Though it's far enough north there wouldn't be much reason to do it to keep things cool, methinks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16714 on: September 18, 2012, 08:09:29 am »

Buried houses also keep things warm when it's freezing outside.

Frankly, the Faeroes sound pretty close to my idea of Hell: cold all the time, but no snow; near the ocean; rains 2/3 of the time; constant biting wind.

I think my ideal climate would be either a hot, dry mountainous region like Tunisia or a hot, wet mountains region like Guangxi in China (which also has absolutely stunning limestone karst formations).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16715 on: September 18, 2012, 09:36:13 am »

Last night I was the target of cultural imperialism for being a Southerner....by my roommate, who is also a Southerner. His argument is twofold:

A. Racism is alright.

B. You have to be racist like him to say you're a Southerner, so I'm not a Southerner, especially because I lived in a city with lots of black people rather than an all-white rural town.

What the fuck.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16716 on: September 18, 2012, 09:41:02 am »

Yes, we should all move to seattle. mwahaha.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16717 on: September 18, 2012, 09:42:34 am »

Please do move up to Seattle, it's cold and lonely up here D:

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16718 on: September 18, 2012, 09:55:16 am »

Last night I was the target of cultural imperialism for being a Southerner....by my roommate, who is also a Southerner. His argument is twofold:

A. Racism is alright.

B. You have to be racist like him to say you're a Southerner, so I'm not a Southerner, especially because I lived in a city with lots of black people rather than an all-white rural town.

What the fuck.

After hearing all this stuff about your roommate, I'm starting to think that his opinions might not be worth listening to.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16719 on: September 18, 2012, 10:27:54 am »

A. Racism is alright.

What the fuck.
This is the pothead dipshit roommate, correct? And you're bothering listening to his bullshit?
And where in hell is he from? I don't know of any all-white rural towns down here, except possibly a few isolated spots in the mountains.

Welcome to the fun of being a progressive/educated Southerner. You're automatically a racist, inbred hick to lots of people from outside the South, and automatically a city-slicker/scalawag to the *actual* racist inbred hicks.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16720 on: September 18, 2012, 10:33:28 am »

This is the pothead dipshit roommate, correct? And you're bothering listening to his bullshit?
I live with him. Sometimes I don't have a choice.
And where in hell is he from? I don't know of any all-white rural towns down here, except possibly a few isolated spots in the mountains.
Lester, which is apparently near Asheville. He says that you'd have to drive through 20 miles of forest to find a black person.
incidentally, did you say anything back?
A number of things. His response to my indignation was to call me a nigger (I'm pale white), because according to him: "Nigger means ignorant. That's why they called the slaves niggers, because they were ignorant of America." and by disagreeing with him I was thus "being ignorant".

So not only is he racist, but he's a moron who can't even get his racism straight.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16721 on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:43 am »

I live with him. Sometimes I don't have a choice.
There are always swords, my friend.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16722 on: September 18, 2012, 10:36:33 am »

Sounds like he needs to watch The Whitest Kids You Know: The Civil War (On Drugs)

I don't think this will help, but I think it's hilarious, so...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16723 on: September 18, 2012, 10:46:22 am »

People are waiting days to be in line for an iPhone 5. Plural. Not just one day. Multiple days.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16724 on: September 18, 2012, 10:48:31 am »

People are waiting days to be in line for an iPhone 5. Plural. Not just one day. Multiple days.
Apple Rabies is a terrible, debilitating disease that you shouldn't make fun of.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1113 1114 [1115] 1116 1117 ... 11037