Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453675 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12960 on: July 27, 2012, 07:49:14 am »

Yeah, but the radiation of it checking in with the cell towers overnight will probably fry your nuts.
*Hugs*

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12961 on: July 27, 2012, 09:03:41 am »

1)Wake up with an alarm clock or some other sudden way of waking up. When you wake up gradually part of the process involves your brain moving out of REM sleep, which makes it much harder to remember your dreams. If you are woken straight out of REM sleep then everyone (even those who normally don't remember their dreams), can recall their dreams. While you can't do this totally accurately outside of a lab, you can help it happen a little more often.

This is probably my biggest obstacle.  I wake up very slowly.  I'm a very deep sleeper.  When I first wake up, I feel like my blood has been replaced with glue, and it takes a massive force of will to get that sticky stuff flowing.  There has to be some kind of immediate life-threatening emergency for me to be able to wake up quickly.  Noise doesn't wake me.  I've slept through lightning striking my house.  I've tried setting alarm clocks up to full volume and literally using them in place of a pillow, and they still don't wake me.  I normally have to be shaken for several minutes.
Roll off the bed and catch yourself on the floor.

Transform your bed in a catapult and make it launch you straight into your wall.
Coat the place of inpact with pillows attached to the wall by ducttape, and under the place of impact put another bed to fall into.
The dwarfy solution.

Speaking of sleep, you ever notice if you are having a bad dream and you roll over on your other side, it becomes a good dream? Or vice versa?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12962 on: July 27, 2012, 09:26:31 am »

Speaking of sleep, you ever notice if you are having a bad dream and you roll over on your other side, it becomes a good dream? Or vice versa?
??? I tend to sleep when I am dreaming.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12963 on: July 27, 2012, 09:28:42 am »

Rolling over is hard to do when you're in school :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12964 on: July 27, 2012, 11:04:43 am »

Hmm, I know that when I was small, when I used to have a scary nightmare every single night, I eventually discovered that I could wake myself up by rolling my eyes back in my head.
I wasn't exactly lucid dreaming, but there was this one, small part of me that knew it was a dream, and knew how to escape from it. I used that trick for years... I had a lot of bad dreams as a kid. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12965 on: July 27, 2012, 11:08:49 am »

For some strange and unknown reason, I very rarely dream. Either that, or I'm still asleep, and dreaming I'm posting this.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12966 on: July 27, 2012, 11:37:47 am »

For some strange and unknown reason, I very rarely dream. Either that, or I'm still asleep, and dreaming I'm posting this.
Very likely you forget them before waking up

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12967 on: July 27, 2012, 03:50:21 pm »

So, I forget having the dreams, while having them?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12968 on: July 27, 2012, 03:53:06 pm »

You have two different kinds of sleep, you dream in one, you forget dreams if you don't wake up during them, you're probably waking up during your non-dreaming phase.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12969 on: July 27, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »

There are different types of sleep, you don't dream in all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_eye_movement_sleep

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12970 on: July 27, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »

I just realized that my childhood was at a huge time-delay media wise. I was born in 1995.

Dungeon Keeper, my favourite game ever. Came out in 1997. I was 2 when it was released.
Theme Hospital, awesome game. Also 1997.
Master of Orion 2. 1996. An year younger than me.
Doom 2, possibly my first memory ever. Came out in 1994. I will be born in an year.
Duke Nukem 3d, 1996. I was an year old.
Tiberian Sun, my first and still favourite RTS. Came out in 2000. I was 5.
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3. 1996 and 1999 respectively. Was 1 and 4 years old.
Sim City 2000? Same age as me. Released for windows in 1995.
The Lost Vikings? 1992. I will be born in 3 years.

Okay then, most games are about my age. What about tv series?

The A-Team? 1982 to goddamn 1986. Holy crap.
MacGyver? 1985 – 1992.

Movies?

Predator? 1987.
How about the great classic, Spaceballs? 1987.
Star Wars? 1977 - 1983. Holy crap, thats way worse than the A-Team.
Alien? 1979. I wont be born for 16 freaking years.

At least it was the good stuff. DK, HOMM, Theme Hospital, Tiberian Sun, MOO2. Honestly, I am actually quite happy. I dont know what kind of taste in games I would have if didnt know what DK was, but I certainly wouldnt be here, on the Dwarf Fortress forums.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12971 on: July 27, 2012, 04:21:14 pm »

my dreams are a cluster fuck of DF, SCP wiki, scary movies, MLP,B12, minecraft,and any video games i played recently.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12972 on: July 27, 2012, 04:27:51 pm »

I dream about Bay 12. Not about the people, about looking at the website. Just kinda sitting,
you know, clicking the mouse sometimes.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12973 on: July 27, 2012, 04:50:04 pm »

I dream about Bay 12. Not about the people, about looking at the website. Just kinda sitting,

I had a bay12 dream once as well. It was about RedKing selling his kidney for Toady, but I think I told that here already :P

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12974 on: July 27, 2012, 04:50:47 pm »

I frequently dream about reading and posting here. I probably spend too much time here.
Other dreams include abstract concepts and mashes of elements from my mind (for example, two nights ago: Recettear as Kimiko Ross trying to cure a disease).
Occasionally, I'll have a dream that's a coherent epic story. Those ones are especially fun.
Whenever I become aware that I'm dreaming, things don't really change. I just resume - go along with it. Sometimes I make myself more important, but that's it. I don't have very coherent thoughts while I sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 11040