Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453140 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12945 on: July 26, 2012, 11:34:01 pm »

Not saying I don't love yours. It's just that it could be more horrifying.

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12946 on: July 26, 2012, 11:54:05 pm »

Mh, i like sleeping. Just generally feels good to lay in a bed and be able to not give a fuck for 8 hours or so.

Indeed. Sleep is very nice, regardless of dreams. I have predominantly nightmares when I'm asleep, but I love sleep anyway. I only pull off semi-lucid dreams, where perhaps I can wake myself up, or become aware it is a dream and nothing will hurt me. But that's about the extent of that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12947 on: July 27, 2012, 12:11:50 am »

My internet went out apparently, because of a tornado...
No one I know was hurt, but I happen to live in New York.
I mean really, what in the hell is a tornado doing in NY?
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12948 on: July 27, 2012, 12:13:43 am »

Cloud does not approve of your city, I guess?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12949 on: July 27, 2012, 02:06:19 am »

Mh, i like sleeping. Just generally feels good to lay in a bed and be able to not give a fuck for 8 hours or so.

That would be nice, except I'm not conscious enough to actually appreciate the experience of not giving a fuck.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12950 on: July 27, 2012, 02:12:41 am »

That would be nice, except I'm not conscious enough to actually appreciate the experience of not giving a fuck.

You'd experience the feeling of not giving a fuck if you weren't so busy not giving a fuck.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12951 on: July 27, 2012, 02:29:43 am »

My internet went out apparently, because of a tornado...
No one I know was hurt, but I happen to live in New York.
I mean really, what in the hell is a tornado doing in NY?

...Spinning?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12952 on: July 27, 2012, 02:36:27 am »

Wrecking shit.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12953 on: July 27, 2012, 02:40:18 am »

I resumed my reading of Homestuck. I can't decide if I like it or hate it. That somehow seems irrelevant.
EDIT: My progress appears to have coincided with the beginning of the MSPA topic here. Interesting.

You'd experience the feeling of not giving a fuck if you weren't so busy not giving a fuck.
The trick is to give only less of a fuck. More than zero, but less than one, is the appropriate quantity of fuck to give. I recommend staying in the lower range, to better appreciate your lack of fuck giving. I try to give approximately 0.2 fucks when possible.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12954 on: July 27, 2012, 02:46:51 am »

Try lucid dreaming. Turn action struggles into drowning people in boiling rock.
I've tried, but have never succeeded at lucid dreaming.  I rarely wake up with any awareness that I dreamed at all.  It's why I hate sleep so much.  It feels like throwing time into an empty void.  Like I just cease to exist for a few hours.  I close my eyes.  I open my eyes.  There's nothing in-between.

Except when I work overtime, apparently.
Lucid dreaming takes practice, though if you are having trouble remembering your dreams at all then that's probably the first step to overcome. As for why you have been having this spike in dream activity, it's probably because you are REM deprived. In order to be fully refreshed (REM wise) a person needs 7-8 hours of sleep. Any less then that and you build up sleep debt which is paid off by having more REM sleep periods when you do sleep. More REM periods = more dreams.

Also if you do want to remember your dreams better there are a few things you can do:
1)Wake up with an alarm clock or some other sudden way of waking up. When you wake up gradually part of the process involves your brain moving out of REM sleep, which makes it much harder to remember your dreams. If you are woken straight out of REM sleep then everyone (even those who normally don't remember their dreams), can recall their dreams. While you can't do this totally accurately outside of a lab, you can help it happen a little more often.
2)Sleep at least 8 hours regularly, while sleep debt can cause more vibrant dreams, it does so by stealing the dreams from your other nights. As you sleep longer your REM periods become more frequent and longer, which increases the chance of you being woken during one, and thus remembering your dreams.
3)Jot down anything you remember of your dreams, even if it's just a little note, as soon as you wake up. Many times even if you remember your dreams you will lose the memories in the first half hour or so. After a while of doing this you can train your brain to remember dreams if you want, personally I can take 2-3 min right after I wake up and 'fix' my dream's memory in my mind now, but it took several months to reach that point.

Dreaming is really quite enjoyable once you reach the point where you can remember it, for me it's not too different from getting the chance to watch a new movie every night!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12955 on: July 27, 2012, 02:52:57 am »

I like sleep. I just wish I remembered more dreams and fewer nightmares :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12956 on: July 27, 2012, 03:21:25 am »

My alarm clock doesnt always wake me up suddenly.
But that may be because i set it to classic music :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12957 on: July 27, 2012, 03:25:11 am »

1)Wake up with an alarm clock or some other sudden way of waking up. When you wake up gradually part of the process involves your brain moving out of REM sleep, which makes it much harder to remember your dreams. If you are woken straight out of REM sleep then everyone (even those who normally don't remember their dreams), can recall their dreams. While you can't do this totally accurately outside of a lab, you can help it happen a little more often.

This is probably my biggest obstacle.  I wake up very slowly.  I'm a very deep sleeper.  When I first wake up, I feel like my blood has been replaced with glue, and it takes a massive force of will to get that sticky stuff flowing.  There has to be some kind of immediate life-threatening emergency for me to be able to wake up quickly.  Noise doesn't wake me.  I've slept through lightning striking my house.  I've tried setting alarm clocks up to full volume and literally using them in place of a pillow, and they still don't wake me.  I normally have to be shaken for several minutes.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12958 on: July 27, 2012, 03:27:16 am »

Transform your bed in a catapult and make it launch you straight into your wall.
Coat the place of inpact with pillows attached to the wall by ducttape, and under the place of impact put another bed to fall into.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12959 on: July 27, 2012, 03:41:10 am »

I trawled my posts list til I found my method...

On the subject of alarm clocks: I worked out a sure-fire way to wake myself on time, back when I actually had a reason not to sleep in. Before this I was prone to sleeping through any and all alarm clocks, and had to rely on others to wake me up.

The solution was simple, I simply used the (rather outdated) nokia phone I had at the time, turned the vibrate on and picking some incredibly loud, annoying ringtone, and then dropped it in my undies as I went to sleep. Now that should wake you up! :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 11040