Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516928 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12525 on: July 17, 2012, 10:09:22 am »

Weirdness? I think the word you're looking for is "stupidity." He's basically decrying all translations (and not just of the Bible) as inherently destroying the original intent merely by being translated.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #12526 on: July 17, 2012, 10:15:31 am »

Ugh, my alarmclock didn't go off today. The time wasn't unset, the alarm wasn't set for pm, it wasn't off, or muted, or on radio alarm on a silent channel. It just didn't go off. It just didn't go off. I  woke up just in time to be late for work.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: July 17, 2012, 10:30:24 am »

damn wrong thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12528 on: July 17, 2012, 10:57:51 am »

Ugh, my alarmclock didn't go off today. The time wasn't unset, the alarm wasn't set for pm, it wasn't off, or muted, or on radio alarm on a silent channel. It just didn't go off. It just didn't go off. I  woke up just in time to be late for work.
I've had that happen more than once. Obviously, you need to follow Yoink's example.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: July 17, 2012, 11:10:56 am »

I had the urge to defend the Bible yesterday o_O  Some guy said the reason he believes the Bible is "wrong" because synonyms.  Apparently the Bible used synonyms (pretty sure it did, most languages have them), therefore the whole thing can be translated into unrelated nonsense thus the Bible is nonsense.  I don't believe in God anymore so I shouldn't care, but that guy's... weirdness... is still bugging me.
Even I would have to agree with you on that. That just makes no sense :-\.

I've had that happen more than once. Obviously, you need to follow Yoink's example.  :P
Thankfully, I always wake up some time before my alarm goes off. Probably instinctive programming due to how unpleasant the alarm sound is. Because when it does go off, I find myself with my hand towards the off switch without any memory of that space of time between being in bed and that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12530 on: July 17, 2012, 11:11:15 am »

Cat + Collar = Chronic depression followed by absolute loss of will to live

~o.o~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12531 on: July 17, 2012, 11:57:02 am »

Cat + Collar = Chronic depression followed by absolute loss of will to live

~o.o~
That sounds about right.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: July 17, 2012, 01:01:40 pm »

Have a kid.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: July 17, 2012, 01:30:47 pm »

Have a kid.
They're unreliable. Mine go off either at 4:30am or 9am. Sometimes 9am even after they've been dressed and strapped into the car for half an hour by that point. And there is NO snooze button, not even Saturday morning cartoons.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: July 17, 2012, 03:49:30 pm »

The Mind Fucking Stupidity of the creature called a dog. Dummest animal known to man, lot of then should be used as food or shot for sport. I really hate dogs! How can a animal be so retarded and annoying.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: July 17, 2012, 03:51:11 pm »

My my, aren't we biased now.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: July 17, 2012, 03:51:58 pm »

The Mind Fucking Stupidity of the creature called a dog. Dummest animal known to man, lot of then should be used as food or shot for sport. I really hate dogs! How can a animal be so retarded and annoying.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12537 on: July 17, 2012, 03:53:50 pm »

Dogs are pretty damn smart as far as the animal kingdom goes. My brother's dog is a manipulative little bitch (literally).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: July 17, 2012, 03:55:49 pm »

Have a kid.
They're unreliable. Mine go off either at 4:30am or 9am. Sometimes 9am even after they've been dressed and strapped into the car for half an hour by that point. And there is NO snooze button, not even Saturday morning cartoons.
Bluh, mine doesn't go off until noon, but it doesn't stop until 4am. Then it lays on my head while I'm trying to sleep.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: July 17, 2012, 03:56:08 pm »

I was expecting something really funny after that first sentence.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 11037