Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516222 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12510 on: July 17, 2012, 02:30:55 am »

Isn't meth supposedly made with cough syrup?
they went for anything that contained phenethylamines

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: July 17, 2012, 02:53:19 am »

Well, look at the big thing in the south..."purple drank". Yes, that's really the name. Anyway, it's made with cough syrup.

Wait, I thought that just referred to cheap purple juice.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: July 17, 2012, 04:48:11 am »

Well, look at the big thing in the south..."purple drank". Yes, that's really the name. Anyway, it's made with cough syrup.

Wait, I thought that just referred to cheap purple juice.

You're thinking of purple drink, 
Purple drank is 1/2  codine cough syrup and 1/2 sprite or mountain dew.  As made famous by the rapper little wayne, or little john, I don't remember which.
Oh. So that's why antifreeze in his cocktails didn't kill this dude a bunch of other dudes were trying to kill off for insurance money didn't work.

It doesn't explain his other luck, such as being driven over by a taxi twice, being aired in cold winter with water splashed on him after being intoxicated by alcohol, surviving the rat poison that also was in his drinks, and other miscellaneous feats.
Sounds like the reincarnation of Rasputin..
It is supposed to be really sweet. That's why dogs die from antifreeze poisoning so often, it tastes good to them. :/ Poor puppies. It also forms crystals in your bladder and kidneys, and those crystals begin tearing and stabbing your insides. Alcohol prevents it from doing so, and you just urinate it out before it can hurt you.

Only the green antifreeze is sweet, the newer blue antifreeze isn't very sweet at all and is actually quite bitter.
Source:  auto teacher told me as I watched him taste a fingerfull of the green stuff.

(or I may have the colors mixed up, as it was some amount of years ago, all I know for sure is only the older style of antifreeze is sweet)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: July 17, 2012, 05:00:39 am »

...Am I the only one who doesn't see anything odd about cough syrup being used in drugs? I mean really. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: July 17, 2012, 06:37:08 am »

Yes
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: July 17, 2012, 06:42:24 am »

So I've been kicked out of my RP group. More specifically, a person who was a terrible RPer had repeated issues with the game and the GM, as well as being rude and abrasive to quite literally everyone else in the group. I called him out on all of his bullshit. Every time. Naturally, he took issue with this, and the RP devolved into him arguing mostly with me and sometimes with anyone else who dared question him. He has repeatedly undermined the GM, added setting elements that not only make no sense whatsoever in the context of the game, but were not approved by, or even shown to, the GM. His first character was a complete Mary Sue. When he was the temp GM, his story made virtually no sense, was disjointed, blatantly railroaded and clashed horribly with the real GM's plans. He is ridiculously stubborn,  has stated in the past that he has zero empathy, and has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he is incapable of perceiving a situation in which he is in the wrong.

So, naturally, my RP group decides to restart the RP in a new group and kick myself and the GM out. And put this guy in charge.
くコ:彡

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: July 17, 2012, 07:06:17 am »

a guy (not this forum) just sent me this message:
 "You're a stupid fucking noob who does nothing but steal and doesn't contribute dumb cunt.
You can go get fucked you waste of human life."

people like this still EXIST?
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: July 17, 2012, 07:07:16 am »

One of the most common 'Don't do that!' things that I know of is actually Energy Drinks and Alcohol. Normally your body will make you pass out and therefore stop you from drinking too much alcohol, but if you drink energy drinks you are able to drink more. Hence why those Four Loko things were so sucky. I am pretty sure the serving size on those was listed as...like a quarter of a can? @_@

So I've been kicked out of my RP group. More specifically, a person who was a terrible RPer had repeated issues with the game and the GM, as well as being rude and abrasive to quite literally everyone else in the group. I called him out on all of his bullshit. Every time. Naturally, he took issue with this, and the RP devolved into him arguing mostly with me and sometimes with anyone else who dared question him. He has repeatedly undermined the GM, added setting elements that not only make no sense whatsoever in the context of the game, but were not approved by, or even shown to, the GM. His first character was a complete Mary Sue. When he was the temp GM, his story made virtually no sense, was disjointed, blatantly railroaded and clashed horribly with the real GM's plans. He is ridiculously stubborn,  has stated in the past that he has zero empathy, and has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he is incapable of perceiving a situation in which he is in the wrong.

So, naturally, my RP group decides to restart the RP in a new group and kick myself and the GM out. And put this guy in charge.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. A few friends and I have started an RP group within the last year, been a bit of drama but nothing so bad. And I'm the only one who's actually pretty knowledgeable about the stuff so, it'd be hard for them to kick me out.

"You're a stupid fucking noob who does nothing but steal and doesn't contribute dumb cunt.

You aren't supposed to leave Bay12. Because, yeah. (Not that Bay12 is perfect, but it's one of the most mature forum's I've seen as far as politeness goes.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: July 17, 2012, 07:08:06 am »

It's just a pimp with an attitude.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: July 17, 2012, 07:12:16 am »

This is the internet. The scum of the earth come here so they can get away with shit like this. You should have known better.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: July 17, 2012, 07:12:40 am »

@quinnr no it was on DIE2NITE a browser game I got pm'ed by this guy :P
---
siggy!

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: July 17, 2012, 07:13:46 am »

@quinnr no it was on DIE2NITE a browser game I got pm'ed by this guy :P

I know that, I just toght these people would be confined to fps forums :P
---
siggy!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: July 17, 2012, 08:41:25 am »

You aren't supposed to leave Bay12. Because, yeah. (Not that Bay12 is perfect, but it's one of the most mature forum's I've seen as far as politeness goes.)
Now I have this mental image of Bay12 as the riverboat in Apocalypse Now. "Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: July 17, 2012, 10:03:33 am »

I had the urge to defend the Bible yesterday o_O  Some guy said the reason he believes the Bible is "wrong" because synonyms.  Apparently the Bible used synonyms (pretty sure it did, most languages have them), therefore the whole thing can be translated into unrelated nonsense thus the Bible is nonsense.  I don't believe in God anymore so I shouldn't care, but that guy's... weirdness... is still bugging me.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: July 17, 2012, 10:06:53 am »

I had the urge to defend the Bible yesterday o_O  Some guy said the reason he believes the Bible is "wrong" because synonyms.  Apparently the Bible used synonyms (pretty sure it did, most languages have them), therefore the whole thing can be translated into unrelated nonsense thus the Bible is nonsense.  I don't believe in God anymore so I shouldn't care, but that guy's... weirdness... is still bugging me.
Choosing the right stance for the wrong reason will ultimately be wrong, in the end. Most people don't care why someone else supports their cause, only that they do.
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 11037