Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494660 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11685 on: July 01, 2012, 09:24:25 pm »

If my ears are covered, my hair's too long.

Wasn't always that way, though. Back in my sophomore year of high school, my hair was at least shoulder-length...and curly. It was an absolute mess, though I didn't realize it at the time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11686 on: July 01, 2012, 09:44:04 pm »

I've been told that, if I were to grow my hair to waist-length, I could cut it all off and get $1,000 for that.

I had mine to the middle of my back for a couple years, and it took about three years (IIRC) to get it that long.  Donated it to Locks of Love when I chopped it off to just below the ears.  Six years later, I'm shaving my head.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11687 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:21 pm »

Curly and about an inch past my shoulders~~~
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11688 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »

Mine is currently a rat's nest that extends to my shoulder blades.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11689 on: July 01, 2012, 10:53:30 pm »

Ahahaha. I could probably take someone's eye out from a couple feet away if I really felt like it. Put a bell or something at the end. Remove depth perception with a cheery jingle and a scream.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #11690 on: July 02, 2012, 12:41:19 am »

what the fucking shit was Prometheus about

It explains why Finland has so many heavy metal bands.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11691 on: July 02, 2012, 01:14:55 am »

Ahahaha. I could probably take someone's eye out from a couple feet away if I really felt like it. Put a bell or something at the end. Remove depth perception with a cheery jingle and a scream.

This... This made my day, and also made me afraid to sleep, at the same time.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11692 on: July 02, 2012, 01:18:31 am »

Let me tell you what you should do.

1: Use copious amounts of hair gel to slick all of your hair forward.
2: Form your forward-facing hair into a bunch of short, thick spikes.
3: Use hair as a battering ram.
4: ??
5: Profit!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11693 on: July 02, 2012, 01:19:34 am »

-redacted because of other thread-

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11694 on: July 02, 2012, 01:20:16 am »

Let me tell you what you should do.

1: Use copious amounts of hair gel to slick all of your hair forward.
2: Form your forward-facing hair into a bunch of short, thick spikes.
3: Use hair as a battering ram.
4: ??
5: Profit!
Alternatively, cosplay as Cloud or Gabe (penny arcade), depending on hair color.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11695 on: July 02, 2012, 07:51:02 am »

In my younger days, I had hair down to my waist. It's a shame I wasn't in a metal band, cause man could I whip that hair.

Now I'm beginning to look like one of the more WTF hairstyles from Mount & Blade, because I'm balding on top. What's left is sort of a tonsure with a thick forelock streaked with grey.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11696 on: July 02, 2012, 09:56:07 am »

Alright. So yesterday I was out with my dad. Cruising around in his convertible. We got to a small town that was based around a river (and also apparently the failure to rob this town signaled the start of the downward spiral that ended the Jesse James gang.) We decided to get out to look for some ice cream, cause that was always vaguely our goal (after this story ends we end up settling for Gatorade and Pringles.) So we get out and take a walk along the river. Now this river is set into a... Canal? Maybe that is the right word? About 30 feet or so down, but still some guy is fishing. We walk up to this guy and ask if he got any fish, I dunno if his accent was super heavy or he does not speak English, but be basically gives a excited grunt and points us at a bucket that low and behold has two fish in it. So that settled we go down the river looking for ice cream. Find some pubs that we reject. Find a closed ice cream store. Decided to walk back to the car and start heading home. On our way back that guy from before runs down towards us holding a fishing net and wearing only his boxers being very excited. He jumps up onto the railing that separates the path from the 30ish foot drop into the river, gestures wildly back the way he came, then runs off. We look and it looks like he has some fish on his line (that is now being carried by his wife by the way) that he is unable to pull up. So he runs off down the river side and we walk up to his spot and my dad talks with his wife. I dunno what the fuck was going on, but apparently he wants to get into the river and net the fish or something fucking crazy. Now this river is very fast flowing. All the rain and shit we have had recently. Not to mention there is a little bit of a rapids. He is going to fucking die if he goes into the river. Not to mention he would need to go a long way just to find a way to get in without a 30ish foot drop. I have been scanning the local news online, and I have not noticed a story about some damn fool who killed himself in the river. I really hope he gave up and did not try.

Anyway. For the what the fuck moment. I looked into his bucket again and he had four fish. Holy shit this guy caught two fish in the very short time we were away. He is like some sorta fishing god.

Paragraphs are for the weak.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11697 on: July 02, 2012, 10:01:54 am »

Maybe he actually dove in and got the fish. As long as you are adequately prepared, even rough water isn't that bad.

Although, he didn't seem terribly prepared...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11698 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:40 am »

Although, he didn't seem terribly prepared...

Yeah. This is it man. For everything.

"Well. So long as he is careful..." We say about the man running around with only boxers on.
"He can't be that crazy..." We say about the man running around with only boxers on.
"No one is that stupid..." We say about the man running around with only boxers on.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11699 on: July 02, 2012, 10:20:54 am »

Of course, I nearly fell into the rapids just down from Niagra falls trying to fill a bottle of water, so I'm probably not the best judge of 'safe activities' and 'unsafe activities'.

(I actually did get soaked up to my knees, from the headward direction, but managed to pull myself out. Only my shins and feet were dry, but the bottle was full! Delicious water ho!)
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 11037