Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469436 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #8790 on: May 06, 2012, 01:04:38 am »

Yay! Happy b-day Penguin! Yeah, life pretty much starts going downhill the moment you get out of highschool / university... I am just 24, and my life pretty much sucks. Work = epic fail since it is essentially maintenance work when I have can technically do Engineering work; I live with my parents since Work has crap pay; and I can't get paid for Engineering work at the rate I should because I don't have my degree yet, which is inhibited by... you guessed it, Work being sucky and having me work at all the wrong times that conflict with my schooling. -,.,-

If you make sure that you go to university and DON'T STOP! DON'T FUCKING STOP UNTIL THE END! then you might do okay and have a good job that pays you a livable amount of money.

Oh, and something that made me go WTF today:

Was at a Wal-Mart today and saw some people that looked like they should be working for the circus. AND!!! it wasn't even past midnight, which is when all the real weird looking people go to Wal-Mart to shop >.>
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #8791 on: May 06, 2012, 01:56:42 am »

Seem to have stumbled upon the weird part of the internet again...

There's a non weird part to the internet?

Google Image "cute kittens". Of course there's a non-weird part. It's when the kittens grow up and cause catsplosions that you have a problem.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #8792 on: May 06, 2012, 02:27:00 am »

this is a tentative FUCK YOU 612DwarfAvenue... damn you and your prompting to look at cute kitten pictures. Now my mind is all filled up with "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" and such and it's all your fault!!! >:(
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: May 06, 2012, 02:31:24 am »

Could be worse. Could be ponies.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #8794 on: May 06, 2012, 02:38:14 am »

maybe... but I have a natural dislike for equine typed species as one of them tried to jump on top of me a few years back. Granted, it was a rather large horse, but I still have my bias. I am also a cat person, and now I can't stop looking for cuter and cuter kitten pictures :( I think I am going to add captions to them as well when I transfer them to my main computer >.> Lolcatz ftw!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: May 06, 2012, 04:18:30 am »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: May 06, 2012, 04:30:51 am »

o.O
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #8797 on: May 06, 2012, 04:35:27 am »

I hope that's some kind of sculpture. Otherwise don't think it'll have a pleasant life...
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: May 06, 2012, 04:45:25 am »

Apparently that's what some baby horses actually look like.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: May 06, 2012, 04:50:03 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censored_Eleven
Racism and propaganda, all wrapped up in a tidy package for the children. You can find most on youtube, and I can confirm they are every bit as bad as you would expect; maybe worse.
So bad they were banned by the creators because they were deemed so bad as to be impossible to edit into something not terribly racist.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:52:31 am by alway »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8800 on: May 06, 2012, 05:39:34 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censored_Eleven

For example, The Bugs Bunny Cartoon "Rabbit Hood" airs in censored form on Cartoon Network (The line "He robs from the rich and gives to the poor" has the part mentioning the poor muted). Muting the part mentioning the poor is presumably to help eradicate the notion of the "Noble Thief" - A thief who forcibly redistributes the ill-gotten wealth of the elite class to the poor.

Robin Hood = Bad kids, always pay your taxes. Unless you're rich.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: May 06, 2012, 05:52:36 am »

I've seen a couple of those, and I didn't find them too bad. Mostly changing sensibilities rather than anything hate filled.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #8802 on: May 06, 2012, 06:05:56 am »

I've seen Coal Black. It really isn't much worse than a lot of stuff in that era, just more overt about it. For example, I find a lot of Avery's stuff just as offensive.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8803 on: May 06, 2012, 07:21:42 am »

..."One particular case has been documented from Australia. In February 1995, a man committed suicide on parkland in Canberra, Australia. He took a pump action shotgun and shot himself in the chest. The load passed through the chest without hitting a rib, and went out the other side. He then walked fifteen meters, reloaded, leaned the shotgun against his throat, and shot his throat and part of his jaw. He then reloaded, walked 136 meters to a hill slope, lay down on the slope, held the gun against his chest with his hands and operated the trigger with his toes. This shot entered the thoracic cavity and demolished the heart, killing him."

Holy crap Australians are tough

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: May 06, 2012, 07:27:44 am »

Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 11037