Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468180 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #8805 on: May 06, 2012, 07:48:39 am »

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: May 06, 2012, 08:27:53 am »

I dreamt I was a dwarf. Me and my brother, at the head of a small squad, strolling through the woods, heading towards a bandit camp. At some point I got worried, looked at myself with [k](?) prompting a list of what I'm wearing to appear, and found out with realief I was wearing metal armour (I don't know which metal, all it said was metal... it didn't bother me). As we approach a small town, we hear hooves, and I take out my bow and start shooting 2 horsemen coming at us. Then, further ahead, we come across a small town, and the bandits are there to greet us at the entrance. Battle ensues. All in 1st person. I'm pretty sure not all of it was influenced by DF, though, but still weird. Weirdest shit I dreamt in years.
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: May 06, 2012, 12:09:41 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censored_Eleven
Racism and propaganda, all wrapped up in a tidy package for the children. You can find most on youtube, and I can confirm they are every bit as bad as you would expect; maybe worse.
So bad they were banned by the creators because they were deemed so bad as to be impossible to edit into something not terribly racist.
They aren't all that bad. Several of them are mainly bad because of the art. Certainly nothing approaching "A woman's place is in the home."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: May 06, 2012, 03:58:03 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: May 06, 2012, 04:44:32 pm »

..."One particular case has been documented from Australia. In February 1995, a man committed suicide on parkland in Canberra, Australia. He took a pump action shotgun and shot himself in the chest. The load passed through the chest without hitting a rib, and went out the other side. He then walked fifteen meters, reloaded, leaned the shotgun against his throat, and shot his throat and part of his jaw. He then reloaded, walked 136 meters to a hill slope, lay down on the slope, held the gun against his chest with his hands and operated the trigger with his toes. This shot entered the thoracic cavity and demolished the heart, killing him."

Holy crap Australians are tough

And he actually survived the last shot as well. Then, after failing to kill himself three times he decided life wasn't all that bad after all and that maybe he was meant to keep on living. However, as he walked home to apply some bandaids to his shredded heart his leg happened to touch the slight down of a small, unremarkable flower, instantly injecting enough nerve poison to fell an elephant in his blood stream, killing him before he could take another step.

Because Australia.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8810 on: May 06, 2012, 05:35:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"But rather unfortunately since he was undergoing extreme heart failure (on account of his heart being missing), the neurotoxin was not circulated around the body, and he was swarmed by massive scary Australian spiders looking for some soup."

Because. Australia.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: May 06, 2012, 05:49:16 pm »

"But rather unfortunately since he was undergoing extreme heart failure (on account of his heart being missing), the neurotoxin was not circulated around the body, and he was swarmed by massive scary Australian spiders looking for some soup."

Because. Australia.

B.A.

That is rather fortunate, isn't it?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: May 06, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »

Note to self: Do not visit Australia without at least six weapons.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8813 on: May 06, 2012, 05:52:59 pm »

The spiders were obliterated by an unknown creature before they could be questioned. Fortunately, most of them carried some form of ID, so their families have been informed.

"It's just terrible that something like this should happen," says the wife of one spider. "They were going to arrest my husband for eating a man who wanted to die, but once something killed him, the police didn't care! This is a great injustice, and a strong example of anti-arachnid sentiment!"

Her husband, who will remain unnamed*, leaves behind a family of forty-two thousand.

*Spiders don't have names, silly.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8814 on: May 06, 2012, 05:58:12 pm »

Not to mention that she-arachnid was cheating on her husband. If those children were his, he'd have been eaten by her :|

*Unless it was one of those whacky Australian communal spiders. For everything in Australia, there's a spider for it.

Note to self: Do not visit Australia without at least six weapons. a small army

ftfy

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: May 06, 2012, 06:02:43 pm »

I'm just going to assume that everybody in Australia knows at least one person like the TF2 sniper just for defense purposes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: May 06, 2012, 06:25:57 pm »

I'm just going to assume that everybody in Australia is like the TF2 sniper just for defense purposes.
ftfy
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8817 on: May 06, 2012, 06:54:09 pm »

Turns out that the next Call of Duty is following in the footsteps of Battlefield: 2142.

The premise: The enemy took over our incredibly destructive weapons*, so we'll always need action heroes**!

*I knew we should have had a better password for those automated attack drones!
**I dunno, some day I just want to play someone who's not an incredible macho man and save the world anyways.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: May 06, 2012, 06:58:25 pm »

Turns out that the next Call of Duty is following in the footsteps of Battlefield: 2142.

The premise: The enemy took over our incredibly destructive weapons*, so we'll always need action heroes**!

*I knew we should have had a better password for those automated attack drones!
**I dunno, some day I just want to play someone who's not an incredible macho man and save the world anyways.

Did you catch the Anonymous members in the trailer?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: May 06, 2012, 07:29:06 pm »

Did you see the ninjas?

Neither did I.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 11037