Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467395 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #8400 on: April 27, 2012, 04:42:49 am »

Okay, I guess I will delve into specifics:

Previous job:
Was at a Wal-Mart stocking meat. Not the most "critical reasoning skill" intensive job ever. Not just that I was drunk, but I was still better at the job than the majority of my peers considering that I no longer cared if I had to completely re-configure the 10 degree F freezer during that time. Not the most healthy thing to do, but it kept me from feeling ridiculous amount of pain to my extremities due to them being in the 10 degree F environment for hours on end.

Prospective job:
Working at a park as a general maintenance person (ie: picking up litter and blowing crap off of the walkways). This is also not a horribly thought provoking job. The worst that happens is I get sent with someone to one of the satellite parks that are patrolled by the employees to make sure that it looks okay, and also do bathroom cleanup/painting. I could probably get away with being drunk the entire time if I didn't have to talk to management. There is the biweekly urinalysis though and pretty damned sure that it doesn't check for alcohol levels.

Point is:
I will not be driving around anywhere, or doing anything that requires driving, while employed at least until I am several years in with extremely good work ethic. Currently all they would require of me is cleaning stuff and that's not all that difficult to do and just gets more enjoyable with wine. Also, around here, wine is not nearly as popular as beer / other liquors so the actual scent of it would most likely not be as prevalent and generally noticeable :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #8401 on: April 27, 2012, 04:46:00 am »

WTF of the day: the guy who just drank a full bottle of wine has far better spelling and grammar than half the (sober) posters on this forum.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: April 27, 2012, 04:48:43 am »

Granted, the average person isn't fluent in English, most don't give a shit about proper spelling, and the rest is, ya well, the rest.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #8403 on: April 27, 2012, 05:05:18 am »

@Gatleos: I lol'd out loud for the first time in about a month from reading your post.

I write short stories during a free-writing exercise that I gave myself to do every week. Because of this I have gotten a lot better at writing stream-of-consciousness "assignments" with few or no grammar errors. I look over them every month or so and try to come up with a story between them. I may have to change my assignment from 15 minutes to an hour to get any really good stories though :(

EDIT!!! (even though I JUST posted this)

Just for those that MIGHT ask, sort of a catchall kind of thing: please do not ask that I release any of my written material as it is not on subjects that would be conducive to publishing at this time. If you are interested in a/any short story(ies) that I have written please address it via a PM to my username box. I promise that I will at least look at the PM but not that I will respond, though that is a very likely thing for me to do.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:09:06 am by GalenEvil »
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: April 27, 2012, 05:07:00 am »

Penguins.

What's with all the penguins?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: April 27, 2012, 05:07:37 am »

They're tasty.

Not. Silly killer whales.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #8406 on: April 27, 2012, 05:11:19 am »

Ya know what are really tasty? Narwhals... the unicorns of the ocean! I hope one day to capture one and then figure out if that statement is really true :D

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: April 27, 2012, 06:46:32 am »

Golemnardah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I hope you didn't miss me much.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: April 27, 2012, 07:32:02 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: April 27, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »

That is most clearly fake. Anyone that stupid would not be able to count six-hundred emails or use decent grammar and polysyllabic words.

e: The more I read, the more I can tell. Words like “displease” and “incidental” are used, and, while he is not stylistically perfect, the OP has yet to type something I find grammatically offensive. Troll.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:54:14 pm by Fenrir »
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 11037