Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452276 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #5310 on: February 19, 2012, 01:36:33 pm »

The only reason I have them is because I made them. Not too hard, I may post pics of all the weapons I have.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: February 19, 2012, 01:44:52 pm »

I would think that at 19 I am past the point of growth spurts.

But tell that to my legs, in which I can feel the painful process of my bones elongating as I write this.

It's very hard to concentrate. Everything is fuzzy and painful. I have not felt like this for years.

Is 6'4-6'5 not enough? What do you want from me?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: February 19, 2012, 01:53:17 pm »

That should be the last one you ever have. It is well documented that around 18-19 years of age most males will have one final and sudden bout of growth before the epiphyseal plates seal and become epiphyseal lines.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: February 19, 2012, 02:02:20 pm »

Well these explanations make sense and really sort of drive home the point that Russia needs a change in leadership more then anything else. Regardless of whatever rhetoric, or balance of power, they stand more to gain by doing business with the west while avoiding getting trampled on, then trying to alienate themselves completely from the west.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:37:39 pm by Montague »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: February 19, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »

Would not a tyrant who implements a democracy (likely without a term limit) be elected as a liberator? It's been proven again and again that freedom is an idea that can only be delayed, never stopped, so why fight? Roll with the punch and emerge again on top, if only for a little while. One has more to lose by being dethroned than by abdicating. Like their HEAD.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: February 19, 2012, 02:37:54 pm »

They fight it because corruption and power have addictive perks. Also, world leaders have this tendency towards megalomania.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: February 19, 2012, 02:40:24 pm »

This kind of megalomania?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: February 19, 2012, 02:44:30 pm »

Dictators typically seize power simply to better themselves and their family and inner circle of cronies. Using the country and it's people as their own personal property, basically. The more corrupt they are in this fashion, the harder they fight to maintain this paradigm, especially since it's often too late for them to step down as they'd almost certainly face retribution for their abuses.

I'm not sure every dictator holds this as their entire motive, perhaps not initially, but it is typically what a tyranny degenerates into if left unchecked.

Which is why they really need to oust Putin and his cronies before they fuck the country up too much more.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: February 19, 2012, 03:02:34 pm »

The only reason I have them is because I made them. Not too hard, I may post pics of all the weapons I have.
Please do, there's a few armorsmiths/blacksmiths around on the creative subforum, more is always better :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: February 19, 2012, 03:41:28 pm »

To finish the discussion about Putin:
Everything depends on how the events after the election day will unfold. The opposition is inspired by the Orange Revolution in Ukraine, so after the elections they will get out on the streets and protest. If Putin doesn't disperse the protests, he will be ultimately ousted (which won't end well for Russia long-term), if the protests are dispersed, he will stay in power, provided that he isn't actually afraid of and ready to deal with any Western retaliatory actions that might follow.
The opposition doesn't have enough supporters nationwide, though, so any nationwide revolution is very unlikely. The factory worker from Chelyabinsk doesn't care about the problems of an average liberal Moscow party-goer.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: February 19, 2012, 05:39:12 pm »

Spoiler: Big pic (click to show/hide)

I got bored and started doing random things in Blender.  Not sure whether to do anything with this, or just delete it and pretend it never happened.  Any suggestions?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: February 19, 2012, 05:47:17 pm »

Show it to people, see if you can find an idea for what kind of thing it could be if you built it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: February 19, 2012, 05:47:57 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/9090617/Phone-and-email-records-to-be-stored-in-new-spy-plan.html

I've really grown to hate this country over the past few years.
Access to such information would be highly prized by hackers and could be exploited to send spam email and texts. Details of which websites people visit could also be exploited for commercial gain.
This is the big issue for me really.  Less about an Orwellian attempt at control and more that there is pretty much no way to make a database completely immune to hacking, especially if it's ridiculously large and held by private companies who don't care that much about your privacy.

Which brings me on to the one thing to be optimistic about - that this proposal is completely impractical.  The sheer volume of data that would be generated would quickly overwhelm internet service providers, who would lobby very heavily against this (and perhaps just refuse to do it altogether since it's so unreasonable).

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: February 19, 2012, 05:52:03 pm »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: February 19, 2012, 05:58:37 pm »

I apparently talked to someone while asleep this morning. Coherently. They thought I was awake.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 11040