Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458323 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #5205 on: February 17, 2012, 03:56:59 am »

...will changing the BABY_CHILD_CAP help? (It's in d_init.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: February 17, 2012, 04:00:11 am »

They're not being born, they're immigrating. What happens when an immigrant has a bunch of kids, they leave the kids behind and still come? I doubt it. :\
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: February 17, 2012, 04:01:27 am »

I haven't really tried the new version much yet, but can't you fill out most the important jobs with the initial 7? I know that even in my huge forts, I tend to have ~10 important craft dwarves, ~40 army dwarves, and a ton of useless haulers and masons.

Regardless, high child populations just means it's time for baby murder.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: February 17, 2012, 04:06:26 am »

Maybe it's just me, but I can't condone baby murder. Not even digital baby murder. It's probably because I have a real one, but hey, I wouldn't actually carry my daughter into battle as a shield. She knows how to swing a sword, and she damn well better if the goblins invade.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: February 17, 2012, 04:10:59 am »

Maybe it's just me, but I can't condone baby murder. Not even digital baby murder. It's probably because I have a real one, but hey, I wouldn't actually carry my daughter into battle as a shield. She knows how to swing a sword, and she damn well better if the goblins invade.

HAHAHA, great kid that one :P

I can't condone it either... It'll be awesome when they all magically become adults, though.

Problem is, my starting 7 are split between a bunch of jobs, but there's just so much to do that they can't keep up. 1 mason, 1 carpenter, 1 cook, etc, isn't enough for 80 people :|

Also, I can't remember how to set a dump-site, but I remember how to designate dump and undump. GAH.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: February 17, 2012, 04:12:22 am »

Zone a garbage dump.

i>g

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: February 17, 2012, 04:17:09 am »

....Okay, found a VERY BAD bug.

I collapsed a wall of slate, and it badly injured 2 people. One guy shows he breathed in boiling magma. Wtf?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: February 17, 2012, 04:18:36 am »

...maybe they collapsed it via thermite?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: February 17, 2012, 04:23:08 am »

Haven't cave ins caused "boiling magma" for some time now?

I remember suiciding some junk dwarf when making a waterfall and he got a "caught in boiling magma" message prior to death.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: February 17, 2012, 04:30:36 am »

....Okay, found a VERY BAD bug.

I collapsed a wall of slate, and it badly injured 2 people. One guy shows he breathed in boiling magma. Wtf?
It's not a bug, you collapse something into magma, it releases magma mist. Magma mist is hot, commence death to surrounding creatures.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: February 17, 2012, 04:32:21 am »

Haven't cave ins caused "boiling magma" for some time now?

I remember suiciding some junk dwarf when making a waterfall and he got a "caught in boiling magma" message prior to death.

Been playing over a year, never had boiling magma at all during my many cave ins. This time, I got 5-8 boiling magma warnings per person involved.

Also, Scaraban, please use your brain for common sense. If I had any lava I'd have mentioned it. The stone was on the ground. I don't even know how it caved in. Its a single wall on the silt ground, decon'd, and it nearly killed two people with silt dust, slate dust, and non-existent boiling magma.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: February 17, 2012, 04:46:24 am »

It's good to jump straight to insulting, thanks buddy.

In any case: It's not a bug, it's a feature.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: February 17, 2012, 05:05:11 am »

He did say please.  :)

I'm also reluctant to kill any children. But now my military consists of 70% women+baby, I'm not going to let them off that easy. Going into battle with mommy is what we call Dwarvinism.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: February 17, 2012, 05:13:15 am »

For fuck sake! This succession fort is fucking ridiculous.

I have 38 children out of 85 population! This is my latest immigrant wave. For some awesome reason, 90% of my immigrants have been soldiers. Sadly, that means half of my population are useless children while the rest are all soldiers. Ironically, I have very few people who can do anything more than haul shit around. :|

I'm in the 2nd year of this fortress as the 2nd successor. I've had 2 deaths, one to starvation one to berserkdom, and have yet to get any invasion. I JUST finished getting the immigrants, so I might be getting a nasty surprise soon. >_>

The guy who starved is the husband of our Mayor and Surgeon, who was pregnant at the time and had her 5th kid not too long ago. She's also a badass marksdwarf.

Please, Armok, please slaughter all my children. I'm getting tired of all my booze disappearing mysteriously after a flood of children raid my already-dwindled booze stocks. :|

I've always wanted more military, but this game is just INSANE. I have yet to finish building the basic fort, since my predecessor build a surface outpost in the hills which is very badly defended. I'm just about done with a large, efficient multi-level fortress with good defenses, but I need some damn workers to finish the good stuff.

TLDR;

ALL THESE FUCKING CHILDREN SHOULD FALL OFF A CLIFF AND DIE.

Three words: Dwarven Baby Care.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:15:02 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: February 17, 2012, 05:23:01 am »

In any case: It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Oh, that wasn't an insult. Its simply common sense so assume it'd be understandable for magma mist to appear when debris falls into magma, which is a quite old and well-establish feature that any regular player would know about. Now, magma mist suddenly appearing after a 1 Z-level fall of a single stone onto dirt, which in my experience has never even caused a cave-in in the first place, is strange. How do you "Cave"-in a single tile of wall on the surface, anyway, unless you're horribly bad at taking things apart. ;)

I do apologize for any such insult I may have thrust upon you, I guess I have a habit of taking out my frustration on others at times. Had some of that Viking's Fjord I had in my fridge, good Scandinavian vodka that, so I'm no longer phased by my epically-shitty week. Good moods for all, and to all a good night.

In all seriousness though, I don't mind the magma mist. I just hope the faux-magmist doesn't cause actual magma-mist-like damage, such as skin peeling and organ-boiling, because that would epically suck.

I guess in some macabre way Armok answered my call, because that's one less annoying Dwarven baby to pester me. Anyway, time to finish this succession fort, I'm just about done with my turn!
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 11040