Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449873 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4890 on: February 10, 2012, 03:17:27 pm »

It's been mentioned before around here. Cyriak is kinda genius in a nine-dot-way like that.
Ninedot's never made me piss myself in terror, if that's what you're suggesting.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4891 on: February 10, 2012, 03:19:12 pm »

Ha ha, Love cyriak ;3

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: February 10, 2012, 06:05:48 pm »

Watching Dragonquest, a 2009 fantasy movie.

Holy crap this is so bad it makes me cringe, laugh, cry, rage and facewall unlike any movie I've ever seen.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: February 10, 2012, 07:00:20 pm »

Why am I getting crazy internet rumours with no evidence that Kim Jong-Un was killed by ninjas? I mean it would be interesting news, but ninjas? Really? Not a single guy with a sniper rifle, instead they go for ninjas...

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: February 10, 2012, 07:08:27 pm »

I hadn't heard that, and just looked it up.
I hate how some sites refer to him as Kim
"I think it has something to do with the flamboyant, self-caricaturizing craziness of Kim’s father Kim Jong-il "
I read that and it made me rage,
Kim is their LAST name. not their FIRST name.

anyways, I think it's just a rumor

"As the story goes, a couple assassins barged into Kim’s room in Beijing and shot him, before being shot and killed themselves by bodyguards. The rumor is “based on news that a host of blacked out cars have descended upon embassy in Beijing, where he was visiting.” Nevermind that as far as anyone can tell, Kim wasn’t even in Beijing."

I hope he didn't die, I liked him much better than his father.  Although if he did Die the title I guess would go to his brother, who was originally planned to be the next honorable leader of north korea, bet fell out of favor after being caught trying to sneak into Japan to go to Disney Land.

Also just came across the best website ever
http://kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:17:08 pm by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: February 10, 2012, 07:23:05 pm »

I hadn't heard that, and just looked it up.
I hate how some sites refer to him as Kim
"I think it has something to do with the flamboyant, self-caricaturizing craziness of Kim’s father Kim Jong-il "
I read that and it made me rage,
Kim is their LAST name. not their FIRST name.

anyways, I think it's just a rumor

"As the story goes, a couple assassins barged into Kim’s room in Beijing and shot him, before being shot and killed themselves by bodyguards. The rumor is “based on news that a host of blacked out cars have descended upon embassy in Beijing, where he was visiting.” Nevermind that as far as anyone can tell, Kim wasn’t even in Beijing."

I hope he didn't die, I liked him much better than his father.  Although if he did Die the title I guess would go to his brother, who was originally planned to be the next honorable leader of north korea, bet fell out of favor after being caught trying to sneak into Japan to go to Disney Land.

Also just came across the best website ever
http://kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com/

Actually, that isn't an unreasonable way to put it, similar to saying "... of Bush's father, George H. W. Bush."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: February 10, 2012, 07:25:47 pm »

-snip-
" Kim’s father Kim Jong-il "
-snip-

Actually, that isn't an unreasonable way to put it, similar to saying "... of Bush's father, George H. W. Bush."

just doesn't sound / look right with me.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: February 10, 2012, 07:29:43 pm »

I don't know, when they are dealing with authorities like world leaders and dictators, normally they are addressed by their last name. Seems a bit weird to refer to Bush as 'George', sort of too close to being normal. I like having that layer of absurdity to remind me that they are mutant cyborgs.

I honestly don't know what parts, if any of that, was sarcasm.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: February 10, 2012, 07:56:14 pm »

Got another email from the "Focus on the Family" group that I used to share beliefs with.  This quote was pretty weird:
Did you hear the news that the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled California's marriage-protection amendment (also known as Prop. 8) unconstitutional this week? I'm sure you were no more surprised than I was, considering the 9th Circuit is infamous for socially liberal rulings.

But this isn't about a track record or academic arguments—this is about a court deciding that marriage as the union of a man and a woman is unimportant for the next generation, for the children who may intentionally be motherless or fatherless as a result.
Wait, so being raised by gay parents essentially means a child is half an orphan?  Even if say, one of those parents is their biological mother?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: February 10, 2012, 08:02:30 pm »

Yes, a child may very well be raised without a mother or father, but that happens anyway. Point is that kids raised by gay couples would be significantly better off than such children as they would still have two parent figures.

And seriously, I am tired of the argument that 'Marriage is a union between a man and a woman!', because regardless of the law (Which can be amended) nobody thinks like that. Nobody says to their partner 'Wow! You have an xx pairing, and I have xy, I dare say we are compatible for the production of babies, thus I propose we are wed!'. Rather it is more along the lines of 'I love you, I'm hoping you love me too, let's have a celebration then spend the rest of our lives together!', and I don't see any reference to gender in that.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: February 10, 2012, 08:06:19 pm »

Got another email from the "Focus on the Family" group that I used to share beliefs with.  This quote was pretty weird:
Did you hear the news that the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled California's marriage-protection amendment (also known as Prop. 8) unconstitutional this week? I'm sure you were no more surprised than I was, considering the 9th Circuit is infamous for socially liberal rulings.

But this isn't about a track record or academic arguments—this is about a court deciding that marriage as the union of a man and a woman is unimportant for the next generation, for the children who may intentionally be motherless or fatherless as a result.
Wait, so being raised by gay parents essentially means a child is half an orphan?  Even if say, one of those parents is their biological mother?

YAY ORPHANS!!

some stupid people only want Marriages like they had in the Bible. (look at picture before commenting)

I don't know, when they are dealing with authorities like world leaders and dictators, normally they are addressed by their last name. Seems a bit weird to refer to Bush as 'George', sort of too close to being normal. I like having that layer of absurdity to remind me that they are mutant cyborgs.

I normally refer to George Bush as George Bush Sr. or George Bush Jr. , or sometimes Georgie-Boy jr.
but never George.  But I guess I always refer to Obama as Obama and never include his first name.
but I always include the first name for most presidents.  Bill Clinton and never just Clinton,
Anwar Sadat and never just Sadat, etc.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: February 10, 2012, 08:17:33 pm »

Wow... I really hate to sound misandrinous (Spelling? Seriously not even google it helping me here) but you can sort of tell who wrote the bible.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: February 10, 2012, 08:45:22 pm »

I think it's misandrous. Firefox knows the word polyandrous, but not misandrous.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: February 10, 2012, 08:48:36 pm »

-snip-
" Kim’s father Kim Jong-il "
-snip-
just doesn't sound / look right with me.
Asian names are spoken with the family name first, then the given names. So Kim is the last name followed by Jong-il being the first name.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: February 10, 2012, 09:17:17 pm »

Yeah, using first names to discuss prominent public figures doesn't really fit, as it implies that you know them personally, as opposed to knowing of them, or knowing about them. Obviously, if you are on a first-name basis with any of our Mutants-in-Chief, you won't be talking about them to people who aren't, for fear of outing them as mutant cyborgs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 11040