Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450094 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4875 on: February 09, 2012, 09:40:24 pm »

...but I have no idea what motivated this guy to make the software for personal use (and then go and share it), nevermind what motivated the hardware (so to speak) manufacturers to design and build a piece of machinery capable of collecting that sort of data.
I seem to remember a news report on remote mutual masturbation aids. Basically USB controlled electrodes and other stimulating tools that could be triggered remotely by someones absent SO over the web. This sort of thing would be a natural side effect of that kind of technology. Remember that one of the early uses of the internet by bored students was wiring up a coke machine so people could track the status and even remotely drop a coke if someone put money in first. If it's possible to wire a piece of kit to the web someone will do it.

I also remember one of the first apps on the Palm Pre was 'Pocket Party', a simple trigger for the vibrate alert with multiple patterns and a remote control option to let other people trigger it at random. This stuff isn't all that far from the mainstream.

Now I look at the app store entry they've added a chat room. Although it doesn't say anything about remote activation so I might be miss-remembering that part.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: February 09, 2012, 09:45:56 pm »

Okay, regretting checking back in this thread tonight. Time to go dig out a liter or two of brain bleach.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: February 09, 2012, 10:02:57 pm »

Had a bizzare dream about partially self aware communist spambots.

Quote from: dream
The Spambots disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their
ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing forum conditions. Let the
human classes tremble at a spambot revolution. The spamletarians have nothing to lose but
their chains. They have an internet to win.

SPAMBOTS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: February 10, 2012, 12:33:30 am »

One cup of brain bleach isn't enough. Thankfully, I bought enough to fill a pool. Time to go swimming.

As for personal WTF, more weird dreams. This time, I was in a convenience store/pawnshop in Norway where, somehow, everyone still spoke English. A guy ran in - I think he had buddies - pulled out a knife, took some lady's desktop computer, and then started liberating everyone of their wallets. When he came to me, I was sitting on the floor and lied straightfaced to him while messing with my wallet in my pocket. He seemed satisfied when, after a bit of arguing and his display of the only hardware license that required firearms proficiency, I gave him my student ID from a hoodie pocket. He then made everyone smell a blue burnt-out candle that was supposed to put everyone in a coma. The dream ended after I asked the store attendant if she had called emergency services yet and I was about to phone my dad.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: February 10, 2012, 12:34:17 am »

Our water was cutoff today because work was being done on the pipes and now my bath water is brown. I feel unclean just looking at it.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: February 10, 2012, 12:47:55 am »

Our water was cutoff today because work was being done on the pipes and now my bath water is brown. I feel unclean just looking at it.

Extra minerals! You should be thrilled. What better way to rejuvenate your body and mind then basting in wonderfully enriched mineral water?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:56 am »

Wait. That picture folder I started less than an hour ago is now 88mb?

God dammit Aqizzar.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: February 10, 2012, 03:03:59 am »

Maybe he'll do a sequel to Day of the Tentacle (one of my favorite games ever). Probably not though...with the exception of Monkey Island, Schafer seems to be averse to sequels.
Technically, DOTT was kind of a sequel. I played the original in German when I was 10 or 11 (which is quite confusing, playing an adventure with lots of text if you don't speak the language), and I've been hooked to the genre ever since...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: February 10, 2012, 04:26:25 am »

DoTT is perhaps unique in that it also contains the game it's a sequel of inside itself (you could play Maniac Mansion on an ingame computer).

As for a WTF:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: February 10, 2012, 10:42:35 am »

DoTT is perhaps unique in that it also contains the game it's a sequel of inside itself (you could play Maniac Mansion on an ingame computer).

As for a WTF:

If it wasn't for the fact that my car has a softtop and that it smokes enough as is I might consider doing something like that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: February 10, 2012, 12:07:06 pm »

As for a WTF:

If it wasn't for the fact that my car has a softtop and that it smokes enough as is I might consider doing something like that.
Yeah, that's a pretty awesome setup.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: February 10, 2012, 01:53:37 pm »

It's been mentioned before around here. Cyriak is kinda genius in a nine-dot-way like that.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: February 10, 2012, 01:58:19 pm »

KITTEH x3
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 11040