Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475830 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4815 on: February 08, 2012, 01:47:52 am »

After reading that page at 1 in the morning I now imagine the Doctor as the leader of the church of Satan.

I would watch that episode so hard.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:49 am »

Oh god, I want to join, then when people ask my religion I can go "I'm a member of the church of SATAN" and show them my church membership card.

EDIT:
Quote from: church founder
The Church of Satan does not worship or support a belief in the Devil or other supernatural entities. "My real feeling is that anybody who believes in supernatural entities on some level is insane. Whether they believe in The Devil or God, they are abdicating reason"
Ohhoho, this dude is funny.
Is he still a satanist if he doesn't actually believe in satan?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:42:26 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: February 08, 2012, 03:50:23 am »

Isn't that LayVayan Satanism?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: February 08, 2012, 12:26:25 pm »

Oh god, I want to join, then when people ask my religion I can go "I'm a member of the church of SATAN" and show them my church membership card.

EDIT:
Quote from: church founder
The Church of Satan does not worship or support a belief in the Devil or other supernatural entities. "My real feeling is that anybody who believes in supernatural entities on some level is insane. Whether they believe in The Devil or God, they are abdicating reason"
Ohhoho, this dude is funny.
Is he still a satanist if he doesn't actually believe in satan?
The large majority of Satanists actually don't worship Satan funily enough.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: February 08, 2012, 02:09:53 pm »

Huh? How does that work? ???

Was some poor guy named Satan just because his parents had a twisted sense of humor and when he started a religion it came back to bite him in the ass?

Are they a group of people with bad spelling worshipping satin and lacy fur?

Are they just people who dislike christianity?

And where does this llama come in? *Llama noise*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: February 08, 2012, 02:43:30 pm »

This one. Most of the "Satanism" I've looked at is incredibly lame and consists of "Oooh, we'll do everything Christian, but we'll do it backwards/upside-down! That's edgy, right? This is going to get me SO laid..."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: February 08, 2012, 02:56:38 pm »

This one. Most of the "Satanism" I've looked at is incredibly lame and consists of "Oooh, we'll do everything Christian, but we'll do it backwards/upside-down! That's edgy, right? This is going to get me SO laid..."
funny cause I yet to find any dating sites promoting Satanism. ( I unfortunately know the existence of christianmingle and im avoiding it like the plague)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: February 08, 2012, 02:59:33 pm »

I love it when they use upside down crosses. I always commend them on their piety, and they always go(almost verbatim), "No, man it's an inverted cross, it's a symbol for the devil." Then I go nope, it's the symbol for a man who so loved the Lord he didn't consider himself worthy to die in the same fashion so he had them crucify him upside down. St. Peter, himself. Then they get angry and walk off.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: February 08, 2012, 03:02:04 pm »

St Peter was a hardcore satanist؟

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: February 08, 2012, 03:07:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: February 08, 2012, 03:09:52 pm »

St Peter was a hardcore satanist؟
more like the Jesus freak everyone turn blind eye on.

*saw pic

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #4826 on: February 08, 2012, 03:37:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is the best thing.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: February 08, 2012, 03:45:29 pm »

Isn't LayVayan Satanism really just Ayn Rand-style 'selfishness-as-virtue' Nihilism with silly costumes and rituals and whatnot?

Frankly, it seems even more lame then normal religions...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: February 08, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »

Isn't LayVayan Satanism really just Ayn Rand-style 'selfishness-as-virtue' Nihilism with silly costumes and rituals and whatnot?

Frankly, it seems even more lame then normal religions...
More or less. It's hedonism with the addition of appeasement rituals. The basic worldview is that life sucks, get what pleasure you can in this life, and that you pray to Satan more to appease him and ward off misfortune than anything (although you certainly *can* ask him to smite thine enemies, but at your own risk).

In that respect, it's unoriginal as an inversion of Christianity, and it's also unoriginal as propitiation of a negative spirit is as old as civilization itself. You didn't offer sacrifices to the old gods because you loved them and wanted to thank them, you did it because they were right bastards and you wanted to keep their attentions pointed elsewhere. It's like a divine protection racket.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: February 08, 2012, 04:14:13 pm »

More or less. It's hedonism with the addition of appeasement rituals. The basic worldview is that life sucks, get what pleasure you can in this life, and that you pray to Satan more to appease him and ward off misfortune than anything (although you certainly *can* ask him to smite thine enemies, but at your own risk).

In that respect, it's unoriginal as an inversion of Christianity, and it's also unoriginal as propitiation of a negative spirit is as old as civilization itself. You didn't offer sacrifices to the old gods because you loved them and wanted to thank them, you did it because they were right bastards and you wanted to keep their attentions pointed elsewhere. It's like a divine protection racket.  :P

Well, that sorta makes sense. Although Self-centered Hedonism and rituals seem contradictory. It seems that you'd think your own self is fully responsible for your success or misfortune and of course, there is absolutely no one else more important then one's self. So why go through the effort of offering sacrifices to give deference to anything else, supernatural or not?

Or is the idea that, in practicing such hedonism, or reguardless of it, you become an ally of sorts with some powerful entity and it's just your own self-interest to persue such an advantage? Having friends in high (or low) places and all that?

Although, I'm pretty sure the whole thing is really just a protest or rebellion aimed at offending Christians, which is fine as a rationale, if not somewhat juvenile.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 11037