Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440831 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4125 on: January 19, 2012, 05:04:18 pm »

Still can't see anything but Edison and I walked back to the other end of the room.
You must be really blind then. :P
kidding kidding
I just realized that I typed Edison instead of Einstein... >_>
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: January 19, 2012, 05:05:13 pm »

Still can't see anything but Edison and I walked back to the other end of the room.
You must be really blind then. :P
kidding kidding
I just realized that I typed Edison instead of Einstein... >_>

Haha, I thought you did it on purpose.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: January 19, 2012, 05:19:48 pm »

I'm surprised that none of these teenagers are "in the know" about pop culture. Also, why do they mostly disapprove of bronies when they haven't even seen an episode?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzozSSGETJo

That was actually pretty funny, when you pay attention to how some of them were trying really hard to look cool. OTOH, the girl with the hat, the guy with the blue and white striped shirt, and the guy with the earrings were all acting like rational human beings. Does kinda make you wonder what sort of dialup-only desert they're living in, though, to not have even herd of MLP:FiM, unless they're the sort of kids that only use the internet for facehoofbook.
Here, have a read.
This seems fairly accurate to me, I had never even heard of MLPFiM until I got addicted to TVtropes during the summer.  Ah, but then again, outside of geeky stuff I know of next to no pop-culture

To a certain degree that is accurate. In this specific instance, though, I knew about MLPFiM as early as March-April of last year, and didn't really get into it until August, which in terms of the lifetime of the show was fairly substantial. Again, it probably is because it, among other things, is largely internet culture, and if you don't spend a lot of time online/online on things other than the main social media sites, you probably won't be exposed to it, in the same way that someone who never goes to the theater and doesn't have cable or a DVD player won't really know what, say, Die Hard is.

Unless they're a troper.
  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4128 on: January 19, 2012, 05:24:15 pm »

To a certain degree that is accurate. In this specific instance, though, I knew about MLPFiM as early as March-April of last year, and didn't really get into it until August, which in terms of the lifetime of the show was fairly substantial. Again, it probably is because it, among other things, is largely internet culture, and if you don't spend a lot of time online/online on things other than the main social media sites, you probably won't be exposed to it, in the same way that someone who never goes to the theater and doesn't have cable or a DVD player won't really know what, say, Die Hard is.

Unless they're a troper.
  :P

I sometimes find myself amazed at my friends lack of memetic knowledge. Sometimes, just #1 and #2 ;P

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: January 19, 2012, 06:14:06 pm »

Just happened to catch a crackpot ancient aliens theory that actually mad perfect sense (except for the complete lack of evidence to support it, of course.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: January 19, 2012, 06:24:02 pm »

So you're not saying it was aliens....

...but it made sense to be aliens?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4131 on: January 19, 2012, 06:26:14 pm »

IT WAS ALIENS

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: January 19, 2012, 06:34:10 pm »

Progressive auto insurance is now licensing Sonic The Hedgehog as a commercial "spokesman" (although he doesn't say anything), with modern 3D graphics and 90s sound effects.  What flying fuck is going on there?

SEGA NEEDS MONEY

This.

Somewhat on topic, I can say that just about every Sonic game that SEGA has released in, oh, a decade now makes me go WTF.  Seriously SEGA, stop ruining my favorite video game franchise.

Wait... guess that belongs in the rage thread.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: January 19, 2012, 06:38:32 pm »

Guys look Toady's protesting SOPA/PIPA too!

No but seriously I have no idea what is up with this.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4134 on: January 19, 2012, 06:51:49 pm »

Has anyone postulated the theory the the cruise ship grounding was caused by Iranian GPS manuipulation, just the the drone interception?

'cause if not, I'm claiming it.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: January 19, 2012, 06:54:35 pm »

Basically, the theory was that Earth was on the front lines of a war between two alien races, and all the references to wars in heaven, the depictions of angels and demons, and things of that sort wre caused by people watching those battles in the sky from the ground. The thoery goes on the posit that the pyramids around the wrold were built as emergency shelters to protect against the "wrath of the gods" (in actuality, debris from destroyed ships that made it to ground level). It's internally consitent, doesn't involve any direct contact with xenos, and avoids any of that "it's not possible they built that with that technology" crap. The cheif problem with it is that there would be extensive evidence of such battles lying around that does not exist.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: January 19, 2012, 06:57:37 pm »

Lack of evidence for it, evidence against it.

How is this differing from every other crackpot theory ever again?

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4137 on: January 19, 2012, 07:18:53 pm »

Basically, the theory was that Earth was on the front lines of a war between two alien races, and all the references to wars in heaven, the depictions of angels and demons, and things of that sort wre caused by people watching those battles in the sky from the ground. The thoery goes on the posit that the pyramids around the wrold were built as emergency shelters to protect against the "wrath of the gods" (in actuality, debris from destroyed ships that made it to ground level). It's internally consitent, doesn't involve any direct contact with xenos, and avoids any of that "it's not possible they built that with that technology" crap. The cheif problem with it is that there would be extensive evidence of such battles lying around that does not exist.

A few years ago I read an article (can't find it now) giving the theory that pyramids etc were built, and religious founded around the same time, etc by a peak in the Taurids metero showers.

Prior to the major peak nearly all religions had few gods, earth, sun, and moon at most. Afterwords, stories started of many gods doing battle in the sky (as above) Pillars of smoke and flame (comet tails) etc.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:26 pm »

That was posted yesterday, during the SOPA blackout. so yes

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: January 19, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »

That was posted yesterday, during the SOPA blackout. so yes
Because everything in the entire world revolves around SOPA, right?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 11040