Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442712 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4095 on: January 17, 2012, 05:14:10 pm »

I'm surprised that none of these teenagers are "in the know" about pop culture. Also, why do they mostly disapprove of bronies when they haven't even seen an episode?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzozSSGETJo

That was actually pretty funny, when you pay attention to how some of them were trying really hard to look cool. OTOH, the girl with the hat, the guy with the blue and white striped shirt, and the guy with the earrings were all acting like rational human beings. Does kinda make you wonder what sort of dialup-only desert they're living in, though, to not have even herd of MLP:FiM, unless they're the sort of kids that only use the internet for facehoofbook.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: January 17, 2012, 05:33:51 pm »

Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: January 17, 2012, 05:43:08 pm »

The Captchas going crazy...

This is the first sign of the end of the world!

The Captchapocalypse is nigh! Unpronounceable symbols will rain from the sky! ¬⌐«░╡╔╗◙αΓπ»

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: January 17, 2012, 07:30:08 pm »

The Captchas going crazy...

This is the first sign of the end of the world!

And this is the second >_>

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: January 17, 2012, 07:38:27 pm »

On the subject of captchas, have you heard of the Gropagas of Inglip?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: January 17, 2012, 07:42:31 pm »

On the subject of captchas, have you heard of the Gropagas of Inglip?
And the 4ish other Captcha gods I've seen appear in that subreddit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: January 17, 2012, 08:02:26 pm »

Who says you need outside programs to hack a game's RAM?
What just happened.
It's like Mario used an inter-dimensional portal to reverse time and erase Wario from existence.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: January 17, 2012, 08:04:33 pm »

He managed to somehow load non-level code to create a level, and then destroyed blocks that changed the non level code bits to trigger the end game.

Amazing.

o_o

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: January 17, 2012, 10:41:36 pm »

My iPod has trouble with downloading apps; namely, it just decides to quit the process before it gets past the waiting stage, but there isn't an error message or anything.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: January 17, 2012, 11:19:04 pm »

I'm surprised that none of these teenagers are "in the know" about pop culture. Also, why do they mostly disapprove of bronies when they haven't even seen an episode?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzozSSGETJo

That was actually pretty funny, when you pay attention to how some of them were trying really hard to look cool. OTOH, the girl with the hat, the guy with the blue and white striped shirt, and the guy with the earrings were all acting like rational human beings. Does kinda make you wonder what sort of dialup-only desert they're living in, though, to not have even herd of MLP:FiM, unless they're the sort of kids that only use the internet for facehoofbook.
Here, have a read.
This seems fairly accurate to me, I had never even heard of MLPFiM until I got addicted to TVtropes during the summer.  Ah, but then again, outside of geeky stuff I know of next to no pop-culture
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: January 18, 2012, 12:13:33 am »

Who says you need outside programs to hack a game's RAM?

That lead me to this. This has to be the funniest TAS video ever. The sound of him walking around the castle alone has made my day.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: January 18, 2012, 01:04:34 am »

Actually, you can memory hack without outside programs if the programmers derped and used an unsafe string copy, allowing an overly long string to overflow the buffer and alter other data used by the program. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: January 18, 2012, 01:39:25 am »

Actually, you can memory hack without outside programs if the programmers derped and used an unsafe string copy, allowing an overly long string to overflow the buffer and alter other data used by the program. :)

are you instructing me on how to hack my wii?????

(because you totally are :P)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: January 18, 2012, 01:47:02 am »

That's not nearly as cool as Mario breaking blocks that represent RAM addresses.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 11040