Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450628 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3210 on: December 05, 2011, 01:21:33 pm »

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/eight-ferraris-wrecked-in-million-dollar-pileup-.html

select quotes from this article:

"The group — which Japanese police officials called “a gathering of narcissists”"

"The Prius escaped unharmed. "
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3211 on: December 05, 2011, 01:25:12 pm »

That prius was a spah!

It is now my hero.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: December 05, 2011, 02:47:30 pm »

In the strictest sense, maybe. The studies in question, however, took in a much broader range of environments. In any case, MaximumZero and I are much closer in opinion than I thought we were at first. It appeared to be yet another person who insists that you must never tell anything to your children that's not solid verifiable fact, and fairy tales make your child want to kill you in your sleep for lying to them, something I've been hearing a lot from people lately.

O.o? This made me WTF today. I have no idea what's going on.

But, since I'm here, here's how I'm handling it. My mother and wife insisted on pulling out Santa, and I'm (mostly) subtly sabotaging them by being honest with my daughter. If she comes up to me and asks if Santa is real, I'll probably ask, "What makes you ask?" Then she'll reveal her suspicions, and I'll say, "Good job, you figured it out." Then, knowing her, she'll set off on a quest to become a ninja-detective with a secret identity as a princess somewhere.

...Oh, crap. I'm turning my daughter into Batman...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: December 05, 2011, 02:55:34 pm »

Just stay away from dark alleys by movie theaters, you should be fine.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: December 05, 2011, 02:58:41 pm »

Probably not a good idea, considering what happened to Batman's parents. Just sayin'.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: December 05, 2011, 03:08:33 pm »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: December 05, 2011, 03:12:51 pm »

Probably not a good idea, considering what happened to Batman's parents. Just sayin'.

Batman's father, however, did not know martial arts, and was a billionaire. I am exactly the opposite of that.

...dammit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: December 05, 2011, 03:15:16 pm »

Yeah, what the hell, angry standing ovation? Y u no in step?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: December 05, 2011, 05:35:56 pm »

In the strictest sense, maybe. The studies in question, however, took in a much broader range of environments. In any case, MaximumZero and I are much closer in opinion than I thought we were at first. It appeared to be yet another person who insists that you must never tell anything to your children that's not solid verifiable fact, and fairy tales make your child want to kill you in your sleep for lying to them, something I've been hearing a lot from people lately.

But, since I'm here, here's how I'm handling it. My mother and wife insisted on pulling out Santa, and I'm (mostly) subtly sabotaging them by being honest with my daughter. If she comes up to me and asks if Santa is real, I'll probably ask, "What makes you ask?" Then she'll reveal her suspicions, and I'll say, "Good job, you figured it out." Then, knowing her, she'll set off on a quest to become a ninja-detective with a secret identity as a princess somewhere.

Sorry. It was late, I was reading multiple threads at once, and transposed the names. I meant MetalSlimeHunt.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: December 05, 2011, 06:42:38 pm »

Positive WTFs:

http://vimeo.com/28040685 (Tempest Milky Way)
http://vimeo.com/32001208 (Time Lapse View from Space, Fly Over)
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: December 05, 2011, 06:56:29 pm »

Sorry. It was late, I was reading multiple threads at once, and transposed the names. I meant MetalSlimeHunt.

It's okay. I'll let it slide, as MSH is bro.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: December 05, 2011, 11:08:44 pm »

Hermain Cain in his speech about him not running for president anymore, he quoted a line from the Pokemon 2000 movie.

What the fuck is up with this guy.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 11040