Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4670 4671 [4672] 4673 4674 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441766 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #70065 on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:22 am »

So apparently Oklahoma decided to stop having AP US History classes because they don't teach enough good things about American history.

Well, to be fair, there isn't much American history to teach compared to the rest of the world. Unless you count Native American history. Which should totally be a thing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70066 on: February 18, 2015, 08:59:11 am »

Two hundred+ years of shenanigans is plenty to fill up a high school semester. It's been a pretty eventful few centuries over here. The problem they're having isn't quantity, it's that much of it is pretty nasty and that offends folks' revisionist sensibilities.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #70067 on: February 18, 2015, 09:46:29 am »

My stepdad is demanding that I take a second job again. This is from someone who has no job, lies about being disabled(last I heard), and whose dream is to live in the woods in a trailer. I should try to find a new place to live, I suppose. Any ideas for $300/month?

Trailer in the woods?

But yeah, I wouldn't like that either. You probably won't get much, but if you're on your own, that... well it depends how much space you want. I have between 800-900ft, at ~$500/month. It's a smoker's building (not sure if that affects the price) and all utilities are paid for by the building, except the 'leccy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70068 on: February 18, 2015, 10:25:04 am »

Roommates are a less-than-desirable alternative, perhaps, but completely doable.
  talk to family friends/neighbors/actual friends about boarding with them or in a spare room.  Offer monies to sweeten the deal if you must.

Whatever you do, please refrain from those daily or weekly rooms.  :[
  Those things are thief-magnets, unclean, poorly maintained (usually), and often your neighbors are . . . different or drugged.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70069 on: February 18, 2015, 11:12:54 am »

I am designing a game. Real life imposing lots of problems on me, eats up time. Had another complaint against me. Gave 3/4 inch thick file to review board. Immediately dismissed. Insulting that person would bother complaining in case I got them probation on when everybody knows they did it. Cracky McCrackhead has crack? Say it ain't so.... He complains I didn't do enough for him (see above reference to 3/4 in thick file).. All others say he got off light and call me scumbag for associating with him.... It's either / or and can't be both. Another one tossed out and with significant paperwork to back up that call.

And people wonder why I would wanna do something else....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70070 on: February 18, 2015, 11:15:28 am »

Out of curiosity, do you take your own cases?  Could you if you chose to?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70071 on: February 18, 2015, 11:21:34 am »

whose dream is to live in the woods in a trailer

Mine is to live in the woods in a yurt.   :P 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70072 on: February 18, 2015, 11:22:59 am »

Everything I've heard makes it sound like a thankless job, I'm just glad people do it anyway.  Even if it's a stepping stone, it sounds like an exceptionally harsh one.

Fakedit: Clearly I'm talking about living in a trailer in the woods  :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70073 on: February 18, 2015, 11:38:20 am »

Two hundred+ years of shenanigans is plenty to fill up a high school semester. It's been a pretty eventful few centuries over here. The problem they're having isn't quantity, it's that much of it is pretty nasty and that offends folks' revisionist sensibilities.
You'd think they could still teach it and just make it sound better.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70074 on: February 18, 2015, 11:52:47 am »

Yes and no. Specifically, unoffically, if a judge tells me to take a case, I do. Why? Cause he's a freaking judge.... I'm not disobeying the guy, right, wrong or indifferent. He can tell a baliff to toss my ass in jail. No thanks. I never worked for a dedicated "Public Defender's Ofiice," but rather was "Appointed Counsel." They are very similar, but with some key distinctions. I didn't get a steady paycheck for one and got allegedly paid by the case (underpaid or sometimes never approved for payment, some judges have been indicted based on this and other factors. Still doesn't get me paid though).

Essentially, there is little difference to the individual criminal defendant. I was essentailly freelance which is why I could take other types of cases and business clients for example. One of my many problems was that I look young and like a patsy to some people. Nopes.... Anyhow it is common practice to just call yourself a public defender to appoint clients, because they get it. If you say "appointed counsel" their response is "huh?" It's six of one .... Half dozen of the other....

I took an exceptionally large amount of pro bono cases. Probably several tens of thousands of dollars worth.... I was both rather accomplished in these cases and astonished at the amount of BS complaints filed against me and quickly thrown out. One woman tried to say I inappropreately touched her..... I am secretly transgender MtF and only like men.... That's right, for all intents and purposes, she tried to say the super duper gay touched her sexually..... No go, and as you can imagine, she had done this to other innocent people....

All of the BS complaints have turned me off to the idea of taking pro bono cases. If you ever wonder why you an't find a lawyer, it's cause some jerks made the ones around you so tired of the BS complaints that it isn't worth it / is too risky and annoying. The problem is that there ARE shady as hell lawyers out there, but for each jerk crying wolf .... The legit complaints get lost in a title wave of BS.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:55:53 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70075 on: February 18, 2015, 12:02:51 pm »

Basicaly
America isn't all sun shine and roses, as we like to think we are.
Acctually we even glorify some of the terrible things we do and make them look like good things.

Not to say America does only terrible things
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70076 on: February 18, 2015, 12:30:30 pm »

I think I could intellectually handle a law career, but I'd never have the fortitude you do.  I get upset just walking into a philosophy class. >.<
PKs DF Mod!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70077 on: February 18, 2015, 12:36:41 pm »

There's not really that much. They brough DEMOCRACY to an undervelopped country, got FREEDOM from the tyranical Brits, liberated all the slaves ever, ended WWII singlehandedly by punching Hitler in the gnads while the Frenchies were cowering in their holes, and had a solid kerfuffle with them godless pinko commies.

All you need to know about US history in one sentence.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70078 on: February 18, 2015, 12:42:54 pm »

Trail of Tears

Slavery

Vietnam

South America in general

Discrimination throughout against anyone not!white

Japanese internment camps

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70079 on: February 18, 2015, 01:00:19 pm »

Most people don't learn much about this in school either.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 4670 4671 [4672] 4673 4674 ... 11040