Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2985 2986 [2987] 2988 2989 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14436669 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #44790 on: February 26, 2014, 08:43:47 pm »

Heck if I remember correctly a few of his books didn't even feature creatures you could see, where the horror was the fact that you knew something supernatural was happening.
Correct. The titular Dunwitch Horror was completely invisible despite being gigantic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FTFY. Sounds like a good movie, though.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #44791 on: February 26, 2014, 08:57:24 pm »

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44792 on: February 26, 2014, 09:00:04 pm »

D'aww, his name is Grr.  Curious lil' demonspawn, isn't he?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #44793 on: February 26, 2014, 09:16:54 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #44794 on: February 26, 2014, 09:20:43 pm »

Heck if I remember correctly a few of his books didn't even feature creatures you could see, where the horror was the fact that you knew something supernatural was happening.
Correct. The titular Dunwitch Horror was completely invisible despite being gigantic.
It was, however, visible during the final moments of the tale. Causing some of those watching at the time to go mad.

Then there was A Color out of Space. That one was 'visible' in a way, but not in a fathomable way; and only in a manner resembling a vague blightedness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #44795 on: February 26, 2014, 09:27:29 pm »

It was, however, visible during the final moments of the tale. Causing some of those watching at the time to go mad.

Then there was A Color out of Space. That one was 'visible' in a way, but not in a fathomable way; and only in a manner resembling a vague blightedness.
Yeah, the Color was by far one of the wierdest of his stories - really captured the 'what the fuck is it' of the thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44796 on: February 26, 2014, 09:45:38 pm »

What mod/modpack is that?

Looks sorta like the madpack, but I could be totally wrong about that since all I do is casually watch Minecraft, haven't actually played it for long amounts of time in forever.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #44797 on: February 26, 2014, 10:18:11 pm »

What mod/modpack is that?

Looks sorta like the madpack, but I could be totally wrong about that since all I do is casually watch Minecraft, haven't actually played it for long amounts of time in forever.

It's FTB Monster with several mods from magic world 2 re-added. The mob being rude is a Ventoraptor, which IS based off the Velocoprey as far as I know.

There's also some doom mobs, some heretic and hexen mobs. And scrabs and Paramites from oddworld are also around among others.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44798 on: February 26, 2014, 11:02:32 pm »

What is up with people thinking the current DF release cycle is indicative of anything?

It's by 3 months the longest one ever. I just saw someone saying that they would like "a release every year". Well, yeah, good thing we've gotten that for every year since 2006 except 2009 and 2013, huh?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44799 on: February 26, 2014, 11:05:36 pm »

DF is the definition of a "when it's ready" development cycle. What people would like is irrelevant. Toady's perfectionism will be sated enough to release it when the time is right, and no sooner.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #44800 on: February 26, 2014, 11:07:16 pm »

I think that Toady's slowness has become one of Bay12's many internal memes.  People will continue believing in it equally regardless of how fast or slow he actually works.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44801 on: February 26, 2014, 11:10:46 pm »

DF is the definition of a "when it's ready" development cycle. What people would like is irrelevant. Toady's perfectionism will be sated enough to release it when the time is right, and no sooner.
But right after a release, a sudden flurry of updates!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44802 on: February 26, 2014, 11:16:27 pm »

Usually because all the people playing it quickly notice glitches he misses.  Like, say, saves being corrupted over time.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44803 on: February 26, 2014, 11:57:54 pm »

Or any other of the bizarre bugs that can occur, like objects being misused or whatever else has gone wrong in the past.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44804 on: February 27, 2014, 12:09:07 am »

Vampires accusing cows of murder.
Pages: 1 ... 2985 2986 [2987] 2988 2989 ... 11040