Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10877 10878 [10879] 10880 10881 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14572466 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163170 on: July 20, 2023, 11:00:27 am »

KK makes good doughnuts?

Dunno if the UK ones are different, but it's like eating just... artificial flavours on fried bread. Not good artificial flavours, but flavours that taste like you've described something to an alien and they've got to try and make it taste like the description.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163171 on: July 20, 2023, 11:13:24 am »

I like sorta liked Krispy Kream. They tasted good, although I don't think I had many of the ones with flavors, just sugar or chocolate. They were extremely sugary, perhaps too much so. And certainly extremely bad for you, and I couldn't really eat too many without getting sick of them pretty quick, but occasionally I thought that they were quite good. In retrospect it doesn't surprise me that they failed since I dunno who could eat them every day or even every week or month, like I'm sure some people do with like cake doughnuts. (Not that that's a good idea, but I bet plenty of people do it)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163172 on: July 20, 2023, 11:24:28 am »

KK makes good doughnuts?

Dunno if the UK ones are different, but it's like eating just... artificial flavours on fried bread. Not good artificial flavours, but flavours that taste like you've described something to an alien and they've got to try and make it taste like the description.
Better than dunkin's at least, heh. KK's good-ish by the standard of fastfood-equivalent donut shops. They're the actual mid-tier donut shop stateside, basically.

... not sure why you're saying KK failed, though, cript? Despite that mess like a decade ago they've still got like 1400 locations around the world and went back public traded a year or two back, checking. Your local one shut down or somethin'?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163173 on: July 20, 2023, 11:31:29 am »

They certainly failed as you say a decade ago, not to the point of dissolving completely I suppose and have been working their say back. And not just my local one, but at this point I don't think there's any in my state even.

Edit: I see what you mean though, perhaps it'd be more accurate to say "they failed in their expansion plans and severely injured their company" just "failed" implies a complete destruction which yeah apparently didn't happen.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 11:39:42 am by Criptfeind »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163174 on: July 20, 2023, 12:16:02 pm »

It appears Dunkin’ Donuts focuses more on coffee now than donuts, at least as far as the ads I used to see on TV went.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163175 on: July 20, 2023, 12:23:16 pm »

I just can't stand Krispy Kreme's style of "donuts".  Those mostly-empty pastries that you can easily squeeze into a ball of sugar and light crust?  No thanks.  (There's a yearly event over in Raleigh where you do a run, choke down several of those, and run back.  It's horrendous. to me)

No, I much prefer regular donuts which are closer to fluffy bagels.  I haven't had Dunkin in ages but they seemed alright, but I'd just get some from Food Lion instead unless I really needed some coffee.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163176 on: July 20, 2023, 04:06:27 pm »

The thought of eating multiple donuts and then running after gives my chest a bit of pain.   no thanks to the diabetes rings
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163177 on: July 20, 2023, 04:58:41 pm »

The thought of eating multiple donuts and then running after gives my chest a bit of pain.   no thanks to the diabetes rings
go nuts for donuts
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163178 on: July 20, 2023, 07:41:42 pm »

You made me go down the rabbit hole I was hungry and I decided to hurt myself by looking at colorful donuts, little did I know how true that would turn out to be. Belgian website doesn't seem to have a french part. German website INSISTS you enter a postal code first. After a lot of trying to avoid that I sighed, looked up some random postal code, only for the next menu to be broken and the top bar being unable to open pictures of donuts. In the end I had to go to a third party takeout site to look at colorful donuts. That insulted me to my core that they would treat advertisment like some tradesecret so I need to declare the following:

Dunkin donuts made me sterile, dunkin donuts puts nicotine in all of their products, dunkin donuts impersonates senior citizens to scam them out of their retirement money, dunkin donuts kills a kitten for every donut unsold to motivate their employees.

But perhaps I might reconsider my opinion for the low price of: 1 pistacchio, 1 chocolate coconut, 1 banana pudding, 1 watermelon, 1 rasberry crumble, and 1 lemon crunch.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 07:49:55 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163179 on: July 20, 2023, 07:50:25 pm »

Dunkin donuts made me sterile, dunkin donuts puts nicotine in all of their products, dunkin donuts impersonates senior citizens to scam them out of their retirement money, dunkin donuts kills a kitten for every donut unsold to motivate their employees.
Kitten blood is the secret ingredient for their raspberry filled donuts. Gotta' source it from somewhere!
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163180 on: July 20, 2023, 08:22:45 pm »

As long as they can prove they pass the national health standards, I think I want it enough to look the other way, it's probably still better than good tick gravy.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163181 on: July 21, 2023, 03:41:42 am »

But have you ever tired to combine kitten blood and tick gravy, makes the best donuts ever.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163183 on: July 21, 2023, 12:23:23 pm »

I have learned of the existence of The Inventors, a marvel supervillain team of cyborg birdpeople clones of famous inventors. Headed by cockatiel thomas edison, including toucan tesla and a few others.
Ask not!
Ask!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #163184 on: July 21, 2023, 12:37:58 pm »

I have learned of the existence of The Inventors, a marvel supervillain team of cyborg birdpeople clones of famous inventors. Headed by cockatiel thomas edison, including toucan tesla and a few others.

Meet King Jerald, The Black Lama
He's an alternate reality villainous Gerald Ford
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 10877 10878 [10879] 10880 10881 ... 11040