Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10879 10880 [10881] 10882 10883 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14573050 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163200 on: July 23, 2023, 10:04:53 pm »

The most likely real explanation is that some actuary decided there's no reason you should need TWO of them in one day, so they won't pay for it because they think it's too far outside the envelope of conventional standards. I've seen decisions like this made all the time. One a day for twice as long is entirely fine, because it's not the total amount they care about, it's the dosing.
I imagine they're afraid you'll have some side effect at that dosage that will make them risk having to pay more to treat that, without enough compensatory benefit. To be completely fair, it's even possible that they're right, because waaaaay too many doctors don't understand dosing and think more = better, but I'm not gonna second-guess this case with zero information.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163201 on: July 24, 2023, 06:12:22 pm »

Pets defleaed for another month, and I'm only bleeding a little!

... cat. Cat does not like getting the flea stuff put on her neck. Worst I've seen from a cat in my lifetime, I think. Dog be like, "gimme dat peanut butter pill", no problem, but cat be like, "ima cut a bitch keep that thing away from me" and it becomes a whole process. Done, though. Until next time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #163202 on: July 24, 2023, 09:12:23 pm »

My little happy mongrel goblin doesn't mind getting defleaed but he'll immediately run out to catch fresh ones ASAP

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163203 on: July 24, 2023, 09:13:14 pm »

The only reason I dont let them out more is because I dont want to deal with defleaing
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163204 on: July 24, 2023, 10:09:40 pm »

Defleaing in this case is just giving them flea med stuff, mind. If I had to do it manually, I'd probably need like... falconer gloves or whatever those things are. Cat didn't even like flea combs when she was a kitten, and she was a lot weaker with much smaller claws back then, heh.

Dog has a pill, but the cat's got one of those applicator things and the cat thinks it is 110% sus as all hells.
Ask not!
Ask!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163205 on: July 25, 2023, 03:45:05 am »

Yeah, cats hate the droppers. I think it's the liquid, besides being unpleasant because it has to go under their fur and that's not something liquid is meant to do with cats I think it's itchy or stings or something. Then again, it is poison, I imagine skin irritation is inevitable.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163206 on: July 25, 2023, 05:09:39 am »

https://www.eurogamer.net/xbox-announces-pizza-scented-controller-in-collaboration-with-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

?!?!???
... and they are even ugly IMHO.
All calendars says we are a long way from April 1st, but ... WTF?
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163207 on: July 25, 2023, 06:09:32 am »

What a completely unnescessary development. Every and all game controllers will smell like pizza after a few weeks of use.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163208 on: July 25, 2023, 04:00:31 pm »

Another dumb marketing stunt.

Oh, frumple, have you tried wrapping the kitty up in a thick bath towel like a burrito? That's the best way to get the fight ones to hold still and avoid scratches I've found. Might need a second pair of hands to help though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163209 on: July 25, 2023, 04:05:52 pm »

Yeah, that's the emergency maneuver. It works, but the cat knows what that's about and hates it rather more intensely than she does the dropper :V

?!?!???
Y'know what it reminds me of? Old series themed handheld games. I'd almost swear I actually saw a hell, I checked midsentence, and there damn sure was. Konami put them out. That design is almost certainly intentional nostalgia bait.
Ask not!
Ask!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163210 on: July 26, 2023, 02:16:44 am »

I did not know that the batteries of electrical cars burned so ferociously that the Dutch fire department decided to not put out the fire on a container ship transporting a few 100 3000 electric cars, that caught fire near the Dutch coast. The fire burns too fiercely to control. They decided to wait for the fire to burn out by tself, or by the ship sinking.
The fire is suspected to have started with a car battery failing and catching fire. It spread too quickly to be put out by the crew.

The ship's crew partially jumped overboard and were picked up by nearby vessels, some were rescued off the ship by helicopter. One crew member died in the flames, the rest were all rescued. A dozen of them were taken to hospital with respiratory problems.

EDIT: I do not want to think about the environmental damage all those burning electric car materials will do to our Waddenzee
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 02:40:46 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163211 on: July 26, 2023, 03:18:35 am »

That's the main reason I'd worry about being in one of those thing during a wreck, because if you've ever watched a video of a laptop battery getting punctured you could just imagine what would happen if you puncture one of those huge batteries in a car.

https://www.eurogamer.net/xbox-announces-pizza-scented-controller-in-collaboration-with-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

?!?!???
All calendars says we are a long way from April 1st, but ... WTF?
Why would anyone want a controller that smells like that?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163212 on: July 26, 2023, 04:06:23 am »

Lithium burns very hot and can't be put out with water. If you pour water on it, it will just create Lithium Hydroxide, Hydrogen, and heat. The hydrogen might then catch on fire.
If you pour water on Lithium oxide, results are similar, but without that hydrogen generation. Just Lithium Hydroxide and heat.

Now, you could technically put it out with an inert gas (N2), or an inert powder. But I'd worry that pre-oxidized stuff, like sand or carbon dioxide might just have it's oxygen ripped off and merely slow the burn, rather than stopping it.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163213 on: July 26, 2023, 04:29:36 am »

In 2022, the Felicity Ace, carrying a similar amount of cars, burned for nearly a week, because the batteries could not be put out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163214 on: July 26, 2023, 05:32:42 am »

Yeah, lithium batteries are pretty dangerous in certain circumstances. Part of the reason a lot of effort goes into researching alternative batteries.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 10879 10880 [10881] 10882 10883 ... 11041