Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10167 10168 [10169] 10170 10171 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549811 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152520 on: July 22, 2020, 08:32:11 am »

I got mine from some stupid joke from a youtube video that I watched along time ago, so long ago that I don't really remember what it was even about.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #152521 on: July 22, 2020, 10:45:18 am »

Idly reading some background lore for Monster Sanctuary for like the first time.

Find out the organization I'm working for has for its largest coal/mining resource supplier a union so staggeringly abusive it literally works almost every single one of its members to death. The biography info for goblin miners note that almost every single one of them die before retiring due to how ethically bankrupt their union is, and that it's specifically because of this pervasive lack of ethics that your organization has tapped them for their primary resource supplier.

Like. What the hell, game? What the actual fuck.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152522 on: July 22, 2020, 10:52:38 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:45:47 am by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152523 on: July 22, 2020, 11:01:20 am »

Funny this username discussion should come up just now - for the last couple of weeks I've been thinking I should change my username of 16 years as I'm concerned it sounds a bit too much like something a 13 year old me would have come up with, trying (and failing) to sound cool (I'm actually a 40-something who is most definitely not 'cool').
You are not this bio, rigth?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152524 on: July 22, 2020, 01:03:30 pm »

Funny this username discussion should come up just now - for the last couple of weeks I've been thinking I should change my username of 16 years as I'm concerned it sounds a bit too much like something a 13 year old me would have come up with, trying (and failing) to sound cool (I'm actually a 40-something who is most definitely not 'cool').
You are not this bio, rigth?
No, that's definitely not me.  Most google results for my username are me, but there's a handful (deviantart, tumblr, probably a few others) that aren't.

(I see there's a "TheTrueBioWraith" on twitch, which kinda makes me want to keep using the name just out of spite :p)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152525 on: July 22, 2020, 03:01:30 pm »

Idly reading some background lore for Monster Sanctuary for like the first time.

Find out the organization I'm working for has for its largest coal/mining resource supplier a union so staggeringly abusive it literally works almost every single one of its members to death. The biography info for goblin miners note that almost every single one of them die before retiring due to how ethically bankrupt their union is, and that it's specifically because of this pervasive lack of ethics that your organization has tapped them for their primary resource supplier.

Like. What the hell, game? What the actual fuck.

This is combined with the usual, er, complications of chicken fighting games. The organization you're working for supposedly rescued all the monsters from an empire that was hunting them down / exploiting them... so now all their members roam around the sanctuary biomes, beating them up and capturing them to fight each other. Rankings are earned from beating up monsters that are too strong to be tamed/enslaved?

As much as I like pokemon-like genres, I think that the Shin Megami Tensei series is the only one to not desperately try and ignore the implications of the gameplay.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152526 on: July 22, 2020, 04:07:59 pm »

Having critters fight each other for your benefit and stature has been a staple of humanity since, like, we first domesticated things.

My usual hangup with games like that isnt how youre such a bad person for catching them all, subjecting them to terrifying living conditions (unless they are your prize pet) and then force them to fight.

Its the logistics of how the world gets along with these new and often dangerous sources of power and destruction.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152527 on: July 22, 2020, 04:24:24 pm »

Monster Sanctuary actually does that one kind of well, in that, well, the world doesn't. The titular sanctuary is thoroughly separated from the world at large, and is mostly just a bunch of habitats for the monsters to run around in without (much) human interaction. This was an intentional act by the group of people you're part of.

If I recall it's not entirely known what happened to monsters outside the sanctuary, though it's implied that there aren't any left - the creators of the sanctuary rescued/separated them from the empires of man. I think that was partially due to habitat destruction & hunting, partially due to the dangers using certain monsters represented? Some of the backstories for certain monsters are very much 'man tried to utilize monsters for power/destruction, and it didn't go well'.

Edit: I should add this is part of what makes the cock-fighting aspect weird. The whole point of the sanctuary was to save them from meddling humans, but their culture is based on making them fight each other.

Pokemon is 'WTF' in part due to the child component, I'd argue, combined with the pokedex talking about how dangerous some can be. SMT, meanwhile, is using computer hacking to rope in demons and angels to do your bidding (as the world goes to possibly-literal hell).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 04:39:19 pm by Dostoevsky »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #152528 on: July 23, 2020, 04:31:20 pm »

So the guys in Ireland did an U turn and maaybe they will offer something workable?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152529 on: July 23, 2020, 09:19:17 pm »

My internet has gone to utter shit of late, but only on my laptop - other devices seem to work fine.   
Hopefully I haven't contracted some terrible virus... I can't think of any particularly dodgy websites I foolishly visited recently.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152530 on: July 23, 2020, 09:24:15 pm »

So many of these calls

Agent: Do you have your account number there?

Customer: Yes.

Agent: Ok

Agent: Can i have your account number please?

Customer: Oh you want the account number, do you?

I swear some of these people are actually aliens who are unaware of how conversations work.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:27:08 pm by Reelya »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152531 on: July 23, 2020, 09:39:28 pm »

If you subtract the  total of the first three numbers from the product of the next two, and then take that number and root the absolute value of that number divided by the last number, you end up with the number of hail mary's you need to say to solve your problems.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #152532 on: July 23, 2020, 09:46:10 pm »

So many of these calls

Agent: Do you have your account number there?

Customer: Yes.

Agent: Ok

Agent: Can i have your account number please?

Customer: Oh you want the account number, do you?

I swear some of these people are actually aliens who are unaware of how conversations work.
I mean, I've literally had phone conversations like that where, after confirming an account number existed, the people on the other side didn't want to know it. They were after other confirming information and just needed to know if the account number was there.

It's entirely possible they're not aliens, just people that have had interactions that don't prime them to respond like you seem to think they're supposed to.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152533 on: July 23, 2020, 10:22:39 pm »

My internet has gone to utter shit of late, but only on my laptop - other devices seem to work fine.   
Hopefully I haven't contracted some terrible virus... I can't think of any particularly dodgy websites I foolishly visited recently.   
Your laptop has codbit19?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152534 on: July 23, 2020, 10:27:16 pm »

Did this start today? Check recent downloads. Disclaimer, and not IT, I’m just guessing at things that might help, like maybe something downloaded recently is taking up memory and slowing the laptop down
Pages: 1 ... 10167 10168 [10169] 10170 10171 ... 11038