Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10166 10167 [10168] 10169 10170 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549898 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152505 on: July 21, 2020, 03:57:25 pm »

I'm really a snakelike alien inside a human body... hahaha

Nah, back in the 00's Stargate SG1 was my favorite show and always found Baal amusing. Before that I used Zeratul because Starcraft.. but never got too much in online playing, only once, when I suscribed in Ogame (mistakenly thinking the battles could be somehowl user controlled as long you were loged at the moment). I joined a clan and they required for all of us to be "Lord X" so I got the baal and the rest is history. I used Lord Baal and some variants over the internet, but Im not the only one. Clones you see...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #152506 on: July 21, 2020, 05:05:27 pm »

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

And the 5 even looks like an 's' XD XD

Ohhhh, I laughed too hard. My thanks.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152507 on: July 22, 2020, 02:03:36 am »

Funny this username discussion should come up just now - for the last couple of weeks I've been thinking I should change my username of 16 years as I'm concerned it sounds a bit too much like something a 13 year old me would have come up with, trying (and failing) to sound cool (I'm actually a 40-something who is most definitely not 'cool').

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #152508 on: July 22, 2020, 02:11:07 am »

My username is just my name because I'm boring like that. I changed it when I changed my name.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152509 on: July 22, 2020, 02:12:10 am »

KittyCat is usually taken and too generic. So I use this or KittyTack usually.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152510 on: July 22, 2020, 02:47:10 am »

I had a dream before joining Bay12 where my name was pronounced Rolanne, also I loved Bungie's Marathon.  So, ambiguously genderbent Roland and 7.  Followed by almost a decade of "I'm not a girl though" which is like, technically true.

Also I have an older username which I only use on a certain flash game/chatroom website anymore.  It's kinda funny because it's all lowercase, because I didn't expect to stick around back in.... wow, 2008.  Lower case names tended to indicate immature users for a while, so I often considered changing it.  Stuck with it though.  Nowadays, while the site is folding up its chat rooms, that lowercase-name stereotype seems to be gone.  Trends change over a decade.
(Yes, this is part of why I get angry about the death of browser Flash support)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152511 on: July 22, 2020, 03:13:57 am »

I have started using Mathel in Battle for Wesnoth. When I switched from Drakes (I went as Gar'Nok before) to dwarves, I needed a dwarven name. So I started using Mathel. Then I needed to register a name, so I used that. And I have started using it elsewhere, whenever possible. Though sometimes it is taken already by someone else.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #152512 on: July 22, 2020, 03:23:34 am »

I chose my username because I was browsing Wikipedia, and I stumbled across the article for denatured alcohol. Another name for denatured alcohol is "methylated spirits". Something clicked in my head, and I thought that it sounded "cool", for lack of a better word, so now I use this name.

I've noticed that there's not an easy way to shorten my username, so there's just, like, 5 different ways to refer to me, and it doesn't really matter to me which one gets used. I prefer it this way, I find it funny.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152513 on: July 22, 2020, 07:20:46 am »

Meth seems apropiate.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152514 on: July 22, 2020, 07:24:50 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:45:51 am by dragdeler »
let

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #152515 on: July 22, 2020, 07:31:19 am »

Thylate, if you're nasty.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #152516 on: July 22, 2020, 07:36:28 am »

My name is a reference to a character in Stig Dagerman's the Snake because I'm fancy.

Technically it's a reference to a guy who's nicknamed that as a reference to his typewriter. That's why I had a typewriter as an avatar for a long time, ages ago.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152517 on: July 22, 2020, 07:43:10 am »

methylatedspirit

Hi, Ted!

My username was intended to be somewhere between bearing a heavy cross and bringing the quality goods. (deler is steel in dwarven)

Funny, I always kinda read it with "drag" having the AA sound instead of AH. So I was reading it like drag as in crossdressing...

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152518 on: July 22, 2020, 07:46:15 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:45:55 am by dragdeler »
let

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152519 on: July 22, 2020, 07:59:48 am »

I wanted mine to sound like Escher but not be right on the nose. Also "eschar" can mean charring on wood, which I liked the look of.

It can also mean a mass of dead tissue.
Pages: 1 ... 10166 10167 [10168] 10169 10170 ... 11038