Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10163 10164 [10165] 10166 10167 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14550568 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152460 on: July 19, 2020, 08:41:13 am »

Realpolitik is nasty
Love, scriver~

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152461 on: July 19, 2020, 08:57:21 am »

Uhh, let me get this straight.

They hired mercenaries to attack you.
Then they attacked you personaly as a help to their allies (the mercs).
All the while claiming you were the aggressors.

If this is the sequence of events, then they assume that the mercenaries will not admit to being hired to attack you.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #152462 on: July 19, 2020, 09:09:37 am »

A random dude hired the mercs to attack us. He originally hired them to attack a different nation, but that nation sold their colony to us, so they made the conscious decided to attack us instead anyway because that was the contract apparently. Unfortunately the merceneries involved are also the biggest world power despite this being only the latest of their pillockry. Despite that hlwever, they at no point asked the people who invaded our mainland to do anything of the sort, and there is evidence to suggest they specifically told them not to. Literally the entire server is on our side other than the mercs and the invaders, but no-one will or can do anything.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #152463 on: July 19, 2020, 09:14:53 am »

There’s no admin or anything?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152464 on: July 19, 2020, 09:19:36 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:45:59 am by dragdeler »
let

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #152465 on: July 19, 2020, 09:35:55 am »

There is an admin, but he’s never done anything to help with people in situations like this.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152466 on: July 19, 2020, 02:33:09 pm »

Try making a deal for future resources in exchange for military aid?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #152467 on: July 19, 2020, 02:45:29 pm »

Or tell everyone that allowing them to get away with it here means they’ll probably do it again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152468 on: July 19, 2020, 03:12:43 pm »

Or tell everyone that allowing them to get away with it here means they’ll probably do it again.
Unfortunately, this will probably not work. If no side alone is powerful enough to help, there would have to be some organisation prepare to unite them for a fight. A functional version of UN.

What might help is getting the mercs involved on your side. From what Imic says, they did not ask the other guys for help. If the invaders publicly claim the mercs did, they are hurting the merc reputation.
If there was a contract for them to attack a particular area, and the area was sold to you, they are mercenaries. They do not care. But attacking a different area, or asking anyone else to do so would be unprofessional.

Basicaly, try to spin it so, that by validating the CB, the merc's reputation would be hurt.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #152469 on: July 19, 2020, 06:09:14 pm »

Well, the Prime Minister made a glorious return from his alcohol-induced sleep and our friendly local supercapitalist fought back and the invaders ran away with their tails between their legs and a ceasefire was declared. They used our friendly local Supercapitalist’s actions to retroactively justify their attack, and public favour has very much turned against them in a much more practical way than it had been. The northeastern communists are sending arms and armour. They will refuse to give us repirations in the form of anything they took, but they have broken treaty so all their lands they own within our territory will be forfeit, and they have shown no signs of accepting that. Our plan is to use a year’s worth of Discord screenshots to start damaging their pr until the mercs stop associating with them because pr is everything to the mercs since a server completely united against them could actually do them sizable damage. If we can show the server just how toxic and unpleasant they are and have been, then people will go from saying that they’ee shit to actually taking actions against them.

My nation has often been compared to the Balkans, and it was once said that the great war would arise from some damn fool thing in the Balkans, and this has not gone unnoticed by the world.

I’m still pissed and I’m still exhausted by the drama and I’m taking a break for a while, though I’m a member of government so I’ll need to stay around the Discord.

I don’t know what this is anymore.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #152470 on: July 19, 2020, 06:14:53 pm »

Well, the Prime Minister made a glorious return from his alcohol-induced sleep and our friendly local supercapitalist fought back and the invaders ran away with their tails between their legs and a ceasefire was declared. They used our friendly local Supercapitalist’s actions to retroactively justify their attack, and public favour has very much turned against them in a much more practical way than it had been. The northeastern communists are sending arms and armour. They will refuse to give us repirations in the form of anything they took, but they have broken treaty so all their lands they own within our territory will be forfeit, and they have shown no signs of accepting that. Our plan is to use a year’s worth of Discord screenshots to start damaging their pr until the mercs stop associating with them because pr is everything to the mercs since a server completely united against them could actually do them sizable damage. If we can show the server just how toxic and unpleasant they are and have been, then people will go from saying that they’ee shit to actually taking actions against them.

My nation has often been compared to the Balkans, and it was once said that the great war would arise from some damn fool thing in the Balkans, and this has not gone unnoticed by the world.

I’m still pissed and I’m still exhausted by the drama and I’m taking a break for a while, though I’m a member of government so I’ll need to stay around the Discord.

I don’t know what this is anymore.

I was skimming through your comment and I thought you were talking about your country (didn´t realize you weren´t until the bolded part). I was going to say that you were exaggerating a bit with your description of things and that surely MM did not drink all that much 🤣🤣🤣
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #152471 on: July 19, 2020, 06:35:42 pm »

He wouldn’t be the first government leader of ours who tried to single handedly annex their own nation, though last time it was the King instead of the PM.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #152472 on: July 20, 2020, 09:21:14 am »

I have no clue what the hell my sexuality even is right now. Like, I get crushes on boys and girls (which has mostly been biased towards boys recently, oddly enough), but I only feel sexual desire towards girls. Stranger still, I've noticed that if I have a crush on someone, I don't feel much of an urge to have sex with them. If I'm sexually attracted to someone, I wouldn't want to be in a romantic relationship with them. I don't know why romance and sex are mutually exclusive in my head, but it is.

I'm not even sure if my sexuality qualifies as one, or if it's just a mishmash of preferences glued together into this fucking black box of a system. Sometimes I give it data about people, and sometimes it says "you like them" and sometimes it says "you don't like them, not in that way". Well gee, sexuality, what do I do with that information? Do I analyze it for months on end? Should I remind myself that I like this person? Do I throw it off a cliff?

The thing that's getting me so worked up about it is that I don't know how to use it. I can feed some random bullshit to it, and maybe it'll print something out, but I don't think it's particularly useful the way I'm doing it. I don't know how to operate this thing, nor do I understand its output.

And all of this because I listened to a song. Must be a pretty good song if it makes me philosophize on the nature of my sexuality.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152473 on: July 20, 2020, 02:19:44 pm »

All I know is I've never met a man I wanted to date.

I kinda wish I was asexual simply because my sexuality has been mostly irrelevant and generally has been more trouble than its worth.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152474 on: July 20, 2020, 03:06:57 pm »

I'm not even sure if my sexuality qualifies as one, or if it's just a mishmash of preferences glued together into this fucking black box of a system.
This is true of pretty much everyone. Labels are bullshit.

If you must label things, remember that people often separate romance and physical attraction. So you might be "biromantic" and "heterosexual". These break down of course once looking at people outside the gender binary, though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 10163 10164 [10165] 10166 10167 ... 11038