Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10078 10079 [10080] 10081 10082 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547525 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151185 on: April 26, 2020, 04:34:53 pm »

They've apparently made a 3d remake of seiken densetsu 3/secret of mana 2. From what I can see of screenshots, it looks like complete ass. Holy fuck, why.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151186 on: April 26, 2020, 05:11:24 pm »

Tried to make an unemployment claim. I wouldn't have even bothered but apparently it's supposed to be retroactive since the plague started. I get most of the application until I get to a page regarding what I was doing before being laid off, one of them is "you job location or job site", without any further context. I spend a minute or two trying find out what I'm supposed to answer for that, find nothing, and try to just wing it, only to be told I timed out and have to start all over from the beginning. Fuck this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #151187 on: April 26, 2020, 05:30:05 pm »

I've been running my laptop undervolted for some time. It's stable, but I managed to crash this thing by pressing the BCLK button in ThrottleStop with it undervolted. I'm surprised something so innocuous (to quote a guide, "BLCK sends a request to recalculate the bus and clock speeds of your CPU when pressed") can crash the entire system.

You are having it diagnose (and change?) things while it's running. I'd expect some sort of negative effect (corrupted data, soft-locking, etc.) if it's changing anything, with a much smaller chance of it happening just from the diagnosis.

I dunno what it's doing. It just seems pointless to change the bus frequency, given that's (give or take) a fixed value. There's a tiny (1-4% of the original value) range where the system is stable, so there's little value in changing it. No, not even for overclocking. I have a different program that can read the bus frequency just fine, so ThrottleStop probably is changing it for some reason.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151188 on: April 28, 2020, 05:10:36 pm »

Sudden numbness in the heel of my left foot. I have no idea what caused it. It lasted several minutes but it's mostly gone now.

EDIT: Well no, the bottom of my big toe just went a bit numb. Heel is mostly fine, though.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:14:07 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151189 on: April 28, 2020, 07:21:59 pm »

FFVII Remake.  Definitely not for little kids.

HoneyBee Inn:

W.
T.
F.

(This is still from just watching streams.  I... I'm saddened. By what they have done to the story.)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151190 on: April 28, 2020, 07:31:17 pm »

You can still just buy FFVII with updated graphics instead of the scummy cash grab on nostalgia they’re doing with this nonsense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151191 on: April 28, 2020, 07:34:40 pm »

Well now I have to youtube it....

P:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU-B2yblz4g
Why was that not for kids?  The dance-off felt forced, and Aeris is kind of cog-dissed, but overall it was . . . clear that some level of effort, if not soul, was put into it.  Also: Cloud makes such a pretty girl.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:44:44 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #151192 on: April 28, 2020, 07:43:24 pm »

Some of the early story content in FF7 wasn't exactly for kids then either.....but now it's shiny and hi-res and people have, uh, more to say.

If I'm going to play through FF7 again, it will be with the old but updated game. Me and Squeenix haven't seen eye-to-eye on many things for a long time now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:45:07 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151193 on: April 28, 2020, 08:10:01 pm »

From now on I'm saying Akura's Heel.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151194 on: April 28, 2020, 08:14:43 pm »

I was in college when FFVII first came out. I don't remember nearly the level of . . . well this remake goes beyond mere innuendo.  And at least in the US version, the swearing was all in Q-bert speak #@$! and now it's voiced and subtitled completely.

That is - before you could be naive and not catch any of that stuff.  You had to have an imagination before - now nothing is left to the imagination...  I guess that's what I mean by "not for kids".  I mean I could let my 6 year old play original FFVII - she can read.  I would not let her anywhere near this remake.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151195 on: April 28, 2020, 11:07:40 pm »

In the original game, you go to the HoneyBee Inn to get makup put on.  While there, you have to pick one of two rooms, and can spy on people in the other rooms.

The "@#%@ room" causes cloud to have a hallucination of himself, which attacks him and knocks him out-- it is ... STRONGLY... implied that a large burly gay man bangs him while he's unconscious, and gives him some raunchy underwear.

If you take the "Group room", Cloud is treated to entirely too many big burly men for a bathtub that small, who all proceed to "wash" him. Cloud does not at all enjoy the experience, and asks to get out of the tub early. He gets "sexy lingerie" key item.

In the other two rooms that you can spy on, In one there is an elderly couple who are having a hard time relaxing in "such a fine room", and what appears to be an erotic cos-play with President Shinra dressed as as a king, trying to sound (melo)dramatic with some absurd rendition of some epic fantasy plot, with one of the honeybees as the female star who has been 'cursed' to be unconscious. Or something...  Regardless, it is clear the President is into some really unusual tastes.

----

In the remake?

Cloud goes and gets a rather sensual "hand massage" after dropping a buttload of gil, then has to fight a pitfight to win the prize money to get Aeris a dress.  While doing the fight, he attracts the attention of one of the Don's lackeys who are charged with the "selection process" (ahem). This individual happens to be a gay diva, for lack of a better description. If you pull off the "Press the button to the rythm" mini-game, he agrees to give you a celebrity makeover on stage, and puts you in some... Rather odd ... clothes that look a bit like a slutty french maid outfit.

This is in very stark contrast.  In the original game, you have to do a squats competition to get the blonde wig, and get the dress for free from the dressmaker for giving him a new inspiration.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151196 on: April 28, 2020, 11:15:53 pm »

I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games and I find all this... somewhat disturbing.

Just... what?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151197 on: April 28, 2020, 11:44:03 pm »

FF7 was the first Final Fantasy game that wasn't on a Nintendo console. It's possible that Square took the opportunity to push some boundaries.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151198 on: April 29, 2020, 12:00:11 am »

I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games and I find all this... somewhat disturbing.

Just... what?

The premise for WallMarket, is that Tifa has heard a dangerous rumor that Don Cornejo (who runs the place) has lackeys asking about members of Avalanche from the citizens of sector 6 slums.  This is bad news, since the HQ is supposed to be secret, and that means shinra intelligence is on to them.  In a bid to squeeze information out of the Don, she gussies herself up and agrees to participate in the Don's "Bridal" competition. (ahem.)

Cloud and Aeris discover this, and both agree that this is just too risky and dangerous for Tifa to do alone. However, the Don only allows women in the competition, and that is the only way to get in to see the Don. As such, Cloud *HAS* to dress up like a woman.

To do that, you have to collect bits of apparel for your disguise. Various NPCs in wall market have little errands they need done, and will each give you a piece of the disguise. If you get all the right pieces, the Don will pick Cloud as the girl "for tonight." Otherwise, it will be either Tifa or Aeris.

The "best" outfit consists of:

Blonde Wig (Obtained by playing the squats minigame)
Diamond Tiara (Obtained by buying the most expensive item in the vending machine for the rival merchant)
Makeup (Obtained by going backstage in the HoneyBee Inn)
Silk Dress (Obtained by dialog interaction with the dress shop NPCs; Choose "something soft" and "that shimmers")
Sexy Lingerie (Obtained from selecting the Group Room)
Sexy Cologne (Obtained by trading the "Digestive" to the woman in the sushi-bar bathroom)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:09:29 am by wierd »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151199 on: April 29, 2020, 01:10:23 am »

Does anyone else find that you kinda... forget how to human after not having been out in public for a while?   
I feel like friggin' Grendel out there, dressed in a collared shirt and clutching a shopping basket in my claws.   

Also, can we please just ban yoga pants for the duration of this semi-lockdown? Having to go out for necessities is stressful enough already. >.>   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 10078 10079 [10080] 10081 10082 ... 11038