Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8371 8372 [8373] 8374 8375 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14577663 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125580 on: August 18, 2017, 04:22:58 pm »

MLP?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #125581 on: August 18, 2017, 04:23:43 pm »

A moment of silence for Rage Thread, taken away from us too soon.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125582 on: August 18, 2017, 04:24:42 pm »

@chairmanpoo: I don't think anybody really cares all that much anymore. It came and went like any fad. Obviously it'd still have it's fans, but the fervor passed long ago.

And I don't care for discussing that, and yes I know you weren't being serious.

also, wombats!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:28:08 pm by smjjames »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125583 on: August 18, 2017, 04:25:35 pm »

The Wombats are coming! Run Away!
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125584 on: August 18, 2017, 04:36:21 pm »

That dwarf we shouldn't talk about too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125585 on: August 18, 2017, 04:38:04 pm »

i cant believe i Just compared he pokemon universe to 'future inu yasha where a guy made a ball to catch demons'.

actually, more specifically i accused pokemon to be a reflection of fuedal japan realizing it couldn't kill iron boats with wooden ones.

pokemon is about how one guys balls made the world suddenly snap and industrialize.
how the protag's grandfather was worshipping pmons, and how it reflected an emergence from barbarity and ignorance.

since pokemon's universe is about as ethically sound as peter pans neverland
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #125586 on: August 18, 2017, 05:00:02 pm »

Please do not quote:

My family is an absolute cluster. Sister, two brothers, and I won't speak; whole family unit shattered, long term. At least they stayed away ... "stayed." They tried to "help" (abuse) me for their benefit & my detriment. They disappeared for years, disowning everyone. Now they need things and magically they are back.... They have "grandkids" for mom and dad, so lo and behold, the heterosexuals are magically accepted back.... Years of insults, abuse, disownment, financial misdeeds, and too many things to list here, are all just ... forgiven and forgotten? Meanwhile I stayed, helped mom and dad create a stable real estate and business situation (they deny I did anything but was it me or their repeat failure selves?), and I'm just sorta tolerated, sometimes. Maybe. I'm a burden, I'm sure?

Got a new job; got a new little house; dug myself & everyone around me out of every problem, and am still digging. I also got injured; I'll be fine, eventually; I hope. Meantime, I can't move my own stuff into this home or do some of the maintenance and required repair. I'm so useless and lazy that I got injured doing work? Let's see if anyone helps....

One brother disowned us all, got married, never told his wife and new kids about us or us about them, for over 10 years. His wife finds my mom on facebook ("people with your last name?"). She invites herself .... Brother is still a jerk to mom; slowly forces her to do less and less to have any relationship with him, after he disowned her. He is weaseling his way back in for when they croak.... Can't air vacate his lungs, forever?

12 years since I talked to him; it would be too soon. I still won't talk to or look at him, ever. I am "unreasonable" for this. He disowned me (whole family), dropped off the face of the earth after messing up my life, badly. I have to do anything, of any type, for him, again? When his knees have worn through the floor, he may have begun to beg enough to warrant forgiveness at a future time if, when, and to the extent I so choose. So far, he hasn't apologized, won't, "did nothing wrong" and so far as I'm concerned can rot. This is the happy version....

Don't know how to feel about this. My emotional intelligence will process it to the best outcome scenario practicable. In the same breath, disdain.... Slow, steady, serrated disdain.... What to ever say to this person (note, not "brother")? Several expletives? Crass, crude. Sadly, he's a polished con man, and I know he's getting money from mom and dad while they whine about finances. I worked for them for a long time, unpaid.... Continue handing him cash while saying you have none...? Look at me suggestively? Enter awkward silence, stage left. Silently, "no." I should fix the mess I'm wrongfully blamed for, again?

Yes, it's all you.... Never me, except badly. All that education, experience, and excellence equal exactly zero.... Amazing how once I got a job and any resources I immediately started turning things around despite being worthless. Nevermind that cognitive dissonance. What's that? Exactly. Maybe I'll fade away and they'll all gain the benefit. I'm sure. Happened before, and will happen again. I get called when there's a problem, looked at expectantly, and usually insulted (almost always). Yet, now, I actually physically can't do things (see also, injury) for the next few months. Mentally, I can, but who needs that? Helped society and it hurt me? Typical outcome.

Zen. Compute variable factors; calculate probabilities & impediments; formulate solutions; adapt to inequality; minimize loss. That's my life.

Please do not quote:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:03:07 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125587 on: August 18, 2017, 05:09:07 pm »

Sounds more sad than wtf there Truean. Can I ask what happened with the injury?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125588 on: August 18, 2017, 05:34:02 pm »

Bruce Forsyth is dead :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125589 on: August 18, 2017, 05:36:17 pm »

I have a video I can PM you heydude6, it is a decent summation.

It does have a rather obvious lean though.
Go ahead, what I've been using as a source so far is rational wiki so I don't care about bias (Here's how I get around it. I read the articles that it cites, not the wiki itself).
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125590 on: August 18, 2017, 05:46:56 pm »

I like Koalas, too. They are fuzzy (a prime trait) and also have TWO THUMBS.

They can rate movies TWICE AS HIGH as we can, guys.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125591 on: August 18, 2017, 06:20:45 pm »

I like Koalas, too. They are fuzzy (a prime trait) and also have TWO THUMBS.

They can rate movies TWICE AS HIGH as we can, guys.
k, I get it. I'll keep reading on my own.

But what about Kangaroos?

They're badass boxers and they have POUCHES, POUCHES guys!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125592 on: August 18, 2017, 06:23:39 pm »

Nothing will beat the Platypus. It has venomous talons! How many other mammals/marsupials do you know that have venomous talons?! Exactly.

The reason it looks so bizarre is that the entire animal kingdom has given it tribute.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125593 on: August 18, 2017, 06:26:39 pm »

The Platypus is what crawled out of god's spare part bin when he wasn't looking.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #125594 on: August 18, 2017, 06:30:27 pm »

Skunks shoot poison out of their anus
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 8371 8372 [8373] 8374 8375 ... 11041