Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8373 8374 [8375] 8376 8377 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14578145 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125610 on: August 19, 2017, 12:37:23 am »

I mean the bloody thing is titled rationalwiki
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #125611 on: August 19, 2017, 02:01:59 am »

Conservapedia is serious.  Any given user on Conservapedia, who the fuck knows?  Any given reader, probably there for the lols at this point.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #125612 on: August 19, 2017, 05:07:59 am »

Why are we discussing ant reproduction again?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125613 on: August 19, 2017, 05:26:00 am »

Why are we discussing ant reproduction again?

Because when a mommy ant loves a daddy ant... They get together and rope bees together in order to produce a zygote.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125614 on: August 19, 2017, 05:55:21 am »

Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #125615 on: August 19, 2017, 06:06:33 am »

When I learned that prior to today humans were actually at their tallest height in the Neolithic, I was a wee bit surprised.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #125616 on: August 19, 2017, 06:21:55 am »

Out of curiosity, I had a loot at the moderation log at the bans over the years, and uh...
as long as we don't discuss specifics about the person who got banned for it, or specifics of the case, what is "Sockpuppeting"?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125617 on: August 19, 2017, 06:23:52 am »

Out of curiosity, I had a loot at the moderation log at the bans over the years, and uh...
as long as we don't discuss specifics about the person who got banned for it, or specifics of the case, what is "Sockpuppeting"?

Sock puppeting is when you create a new account for the purpose of agreeing with yourself.

It is probably the most loserish thing you can do in terms of internet debate.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #125618 on: August 19, 2017, 06:31:07 am »

Sock puppeting is when you create a new account for the purpose of agreeing with yourself.

It is probably the most loserish thing you can do in terms of internet debate.

Eh, sometimes it's for worse purposes, and sometimes it's entirly accidental. And many times it often used as a grand against people of the community dislikes in general even if there's no evidence for actually having taken place, at least that's my experience of the term on the Internet.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125619 on: August 19, 2017, 06:33:15 am »

Ah. So, a specific form of alternate accounts. Which is sometimes given as a false charge/used as a scapegoat?
The Cyan Menace

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125620 on: August 19, 2017, 06:44:06 am »

True to admit I can think of some hilarious uses where someone created an account only to send themselves insults and threats... Only to be found out later that the person is the same person.

But yeah it is the use of alternate accounts for the purpose of tricking people into thinking it is a separate person, for reasons other than you just wanting a fresh start.

Still I cannot think of ANYTHING online that makes you look more pathetic.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:46:16 am by Neonivek »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125621 on: August 19, 2017, 06:47:37 am »

True to admit I can think of some hilarious uses where someone created an account only to send themselves insults and threats... Only to be found out later that the person is the same person.

But yeah it is the use of alternate accounts for the purpose of tricking people into thinking it is a separate person, for reasons other than you just wanting a fresh start.
Is it bad to admit that I have considered doing this on a roleplaying site? So one account could be a lawful good hero and the other could be somewhere between true neutral and chaotic evil and just be a bully to the first account; though, said site also has rules against multiple accounts (with exceptions being granted by the moderators if justified before creating the account), and I never actually did it.
The Cyan Menace

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125622 on: August 19, 2017, 06:51:23 am »

Ah. So, a specific form of alternate accounts. Which is sometimes given as a false charge/used as a scapegoat?

Yeah, basically although having multiple accounts is probably against the TOS in some way, I don't think it's generally something you get in trouble for.

I think you sorta need to take it to an extreme or use it maliciously for Toady to hold it against you. Which is why there's only like 1 person banned for it in their reasoning probably... Although quite a few people on the ban list had sockpuppets banned with them, or were themselves a sockpuppet account of a previous banned person.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125623 on: August 19, 2017, 07:44:50 am »

I am seriously not understanding the victim/victimizer dichotomy.

I don't know why it is so important to push it...

But ONLY guess is that the reason it is pushed so much is that... It is an inherently prejudiced system that recognizes its own prejudice, and so it must dehumanize the victimizer while also removing the victim from the situation. That is why any attempt to empower the victim or humanize the victimizer is met with hostility.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #125624 on: August 19, 2017, 07:56:07 am »

Bay12 is unique in that using alts is actually, while discouraged, allowed. So it's only a problem if you're ban-dodging or sockpuppeting, and based on one of the people recently banned, Toady One doesn't mind a banned user creating a new account so long as they don't do it immediately after being banned and go back to doing whatever got them banned.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 8373 8374 [8375] 8376 8377 ... 11041