Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7823 7824 [7825] 7826 7827 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457374 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117360 on: January 28, 2017, 05:14:29 pm »

Resident Evil 7 though has some freeken visceral injuries... Yet our hero must have the pain tolerance of the heavens!
Goop juice is one helluva drug.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117361 on: January 28, 2017, 05:21:17 pm »

Out of curiosity, Neo, why do you spell it "freeken"? I've always seen it spelled "freaking" or "freakin'".
Quasi-censorship?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117362 on: January 28, 2017, 05:34:28 pm »

Dishwashing position at a senior citizen's place wants a cover letter and full resume. What the hell do they even want me to say?

"Yes, I've been in the dishwashing industry for at least three years now, I truly believe my dishwashing talents can help advance the company and my own personal goals. I was an amateur dishwasher throughout high school (see Dishwashing Club reference) and now I'm looking for a doorway into professional dishwashing."
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117363 on: January 28, 2017, 05:38:21 pm »

NOTE: (most likely meant "my husband", it just not specified whose "husband")

In many non-Anglo languages if there is no subject specified the default meaning is that the speaker is the subject.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117364 on: January 28, 2017, 05:39:09 pm »

I was going to put this is Game Pet Peaves but I realized that even though I just saw this in a game... It has been in a lot of other media as well

Not a Police Officer

Look I am not saying you the writer needs to make the police particularly smart, brave, or even all that skilled. I just ask that a police officer in your film acts like a police officer. "Help! someone is trying to kill me!" should immediately illicit the officer to call for backup. A officer is also allowed to be suspicious but also act on things, they aren't in this state of binary of needing to be 100% on or off.

SPOILER OF FIRST HOUR OF RESIDENT EVIL 7 (Honestly it is really minor... to the point where it can be considered a non-spoiler but still some people care)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Resident Evil 7 is such a bad example I honestly thought the Officer was in on it... It was honestly the only reasonable explanation for why he acted that way.

Police Quest needs to show these fools!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:55:39 pm by Neonivek »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117365 on: January 28, 2017, 05:45:43 pm »

NOTE: (most likely meant "my husband", it just not specified whose "husband")

In many non-Anglo languages if there is no subject specified the default meaning is that the speaker is the subject.
This is also the case in English sometimes. "Expected better results. Was disappointed."
Subjects and objects are verb arguments, though. In the husband case the term would be "possessor", I guess.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117366 on: January 28, 2017, 05:52:31 pm »

Tried using the men's room at work. One stall, the toilet was clogged with a lot of toilet paper and several seat covers. The other stall, someone had apparently removed the locking mechanism, turned it around, and put it back on, rendering it impossible to actually lock the stall door. My manager's reaction to that second one was the same as mine: unintelligible sputtering.

On the opposite end of the WTF spectrum, someone found $5,200. Normally the policy with found money is that if it's over $10, the person who finds it gets to keep 30% of it while the rest of it goes into the fund that pays for things like lunch for everyone during a sale. With an amount like that though, I don't know if there's a different policy.

Not a Police Officer

A lot of fictional police officers do not act like actual police officers. ...Actually that might be a cause for many of the problems with police officers nowadays.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117367 on: January 28, 2017, 07:17:47 pm »

Resident Evil 7, while not a bad game at all, is full of oddball character and plot points from the very start. I mean:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117368 on: January 28, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »

Why is Resident Evil 7 a thing? I thought the series was done a loooooong time ago, can't they just let it go?
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117369 on: January 28, 2017, 07:21:51 pm »

Old horse franchises aren't supposed to die in the gaming industry. But they did a fine job of remaking the whole franchise. Well, at least they did better then what they did with 5 and 6, which were just uninspired reskinned versions of resident evil 4, which was awesome.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117370 on: January 28, 2017, 07:24:12 pm »

From what little I know about RE7, Capcom's basically saying "Hey, Konami cancelled Silent Hills! But look, we're also taking an ancient horror franchise and rebooting it with an immersive first-person game! Wink wink, disappointed Silent Hill fans!"
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117371 on: January 28, 2017, 07:25:26 pm »

Why is Resident Evil 7 a thing? I thought the series was done a loooooong time ago, can't they just let it go?

Hey, a horror based Resident Evil game... I'll take it!

They have been considering rebooting the game ages ago. They haven't yet.

Also, honestly, not really. We have had a resident evil game in 2012, 2015, 2016 (15-16 having the most releases in its entire history)... Heck there hasn't been a 3 year gap without a Resident Evil game since the beginning.

From what little I know about RE7, Capcom's basically saying "Hey, Konami cancelled Silent Hills! But look, we're also taking an ancient horror franchise and rebooting it with an immersive first-person game! Wink wink, disappointed Silent Hill fans!"

Well it also is clearly inspired by its Resident Evil 1 remake and that game's popularity... The gameplay is reminiscent of that to an extent.

I have no idea if they are really trying to copy Silent Hill... but the Shadow Puppet puzzle sure is familiar.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117372 on: January 28, 2017, 07:27:16 pm »

Disappointed Silent Hill fans have Death Stranding to look foward to, though.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117373 on: January 28, 2017, 07:29:43 pm »

I don't know anything about RE7 or Silent Hill. I just know that there was supposed to be an immersive first-person reboot of Silent Hill, then that got cancelled and a lot of people were mad, then Capcom announced an immersive first-person reboot of Resident Evil.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117374 on: January 28, 2017, 07:32:16 pm »

Sony basically pounced on Konami's bleeding wound in every way short of straight-up buying their IPs. They used the style of PT for RE7 then they bankrolled Kojima and told him to go crazy. It's almost enough to make me respect them. If Konami ends up sectioning I won't be at all surprised if Sony really does buy a bunch of the IPs.

Certainly I don't feel bad for Konami's losses. They wrought this fate with their own hands.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7823 7824 [7825] 7826 7827 ... 11040