Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7824 7825 [7826] 7827 7828 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457266 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117375 on: January 28, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »

Today is Sunday, 8:10am, a while ago. A pretty cold day outside--we don't have heaters but insulation, so I'm all huddled with my blanket covering my face like a U-shaped pillow. :P I wake up all 'gruhhhh cold', and then fumble around with my hands lightly. Now, given my vision, I would've seen the blankets move a bit given how fitted I made them (since I went back to bed around less than a half hour ago). I didn't, and then calmly wondering what's going on (alongside wondering woah am I dreaming but I can see my nose and wow, this is cool, is this sleep paralysis again?), moved my legs--I didn't see the blankets in my vision move (since my head is propped on a pillow).

Feeling strange about it, I reached up to boop my face, and when I reached up my index finger, it met the pillow to the right of my face, then I went all "woah, this is so cool, better post about it later since someone may know more medical info about this", then I wiggled myself out of bed, noticing how that if I moved my arm to the left and up, the blankets did move--strangely, all appendages at the time felt as if they were in parallel to my viewing position.

And then I woke up slightly again (It was all a dream @_@), and the same occurrence happened. A wiggled my arms and then slightly, happily exhaled from my nose as I noticed the same thing, mentally saying 'boop' as I reached for my face and touching the pillow once more. Humoring myself, I reached up to my face and surprisingly did not see my hand despite feeling my face, pulling on my right eyelid with my LEFT hand, and not seeing it (I could see the eyelid given the sunlight streaming from my right, but it didn't move despite me really feeling the hair and my skin while pulling). Cue all my thoughts going 'Interesting, surely someone would know about this rather than my rudimentary knowledge about anatomy', and having the idea as if there was lacking blood circulation somewhere--when I lifted the blankets off, noticing that I could see the blankets move after moving both my arms back down under, I felt as if constriction was put away...err, as if the heavy blanket which was pressing on my body gave way for some blood flowing and...other feelings when blood circulation I presume are maintained.

In part, I'm pretty happy my mindset in general is analytical (I don't go all D: at times of panic or mystery...like that ghost incident when I was young, but go all "COOL...wait am I in danger? No? Ok let's observe and think"), but I've no idea what just happened and slightly latching onto the idea that part of the visual area in my brain had something going on + blood circulation assumption. :P
...Funny thing is that I'm just in my t-shirt and pajamas and other stuff, plus just one thick blanket, and probably 11C or so. (Also medical knowledge help for curiosity!)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117376 on: January 28, 2017, 07:39:10 pm »

NOTE: (most likely meant "my husband", it just not specified whose "husband")

In many non-Anglo languages if there is no subject specified the default meaning is that the speaker is the subject.
This is also the case in English sometimes. "Expected better results. Was disappointed."
Subjects and objects are verb arguments, though. In the husband case the term would be "possessor", I guess.
Case in point: Literally the first sentence of the next post. ;P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117377 on: January 28, 2017, 07:48:54 pm »

I would love to know what insanity non-native English speakers see in the English Language.

Note: I don't mean this in terms of "Ha ha! Silly foreigners" I mean... There is definitely insanity (Knife and Nife, Gnife... or... Mouth and Mouth which are completely different words that sound completely different) but I bet non-native speakers would more easily pick up on it.

Though there is this English Claus thing I keep hearing taught in school (Indefinite clause?) but I don't think I learned it in school.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117378 on: January 28, 2017, 07:49:06 pm »

Sony basically pounced on Konami's bleeding wound in every way short of straight-up buying their IPs. They used the style of PT for RE7 then they bankrolled Kojima and told him to go crazy. It's almost enough to make me respect them. If Konami ends up sectioning I won't be at all surprised if Sony really does buy a bunch of the IPs.

Certainly I don't feel bad for Konami's losses. They wrought this fate with their own hands.

Yeah, fuck Konami. I do hope their IPs get bought by a lot of different people.

Interestingly, looking at their own financial info, they apparently lost a lot of money in (fiscal year beginning in) 2014, which lines up with the Konamipocalypse beginning in early 2015. Since then they've regained a bit, but not much.

I heard theories at the time that Konami would be just fine due to pachinko's insane profitability, but I'm glad to see that they're still suffering all the same.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117379 on: January 28, 2017, 07:52:18 pm »

Huh no politics thread now. That's actually bad. While the vitriol won't inflame there, politics-related discussion is going to spill over. News is the guy in Russia that helped that MI6 guy write up the Trump dossier has been murdered. It actually occurred on December 26th (a couple of weeks before the big Buzzfeed leak thing).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:01:54 pm by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117380 on: January 28, 2017, 07:53:02 pm »

Today is Sunday, 8:10am, a while ago. A pretty cold day outside--we don't have heaters but insulation, so I'm all huddled with my blanket covering my face like a U-shaped pillow. :P I wake up all 'gruhhhh cold', and then fumble around with my hands lightly. Now, given my vision, I would've seen the blankets move a bit given how fitted I made them (since I went back to bed around less than a half hour ago). I didn't, and then calmly wondering what's going on (alongside wondering woah am I dreaming but I can see my nose and wow, this is cool, is this sleep paralysis again?), moved my legs--I didn't see the blankets in my vision move (since my head is propped on a pillow).

Feeling strange about it, I reached up to boop my face, and when I reached up my index finger, it met the pillow to the right of my face, then I went all "woah, this is so cool, better post about it later since someone may know more medical info about this", then I wiggled myself out of bed, noticing how that if I moved my arm to the left and up, the blankets did move--strangely, all appendages at the time felt as if they were in parallel to my viewing position.

And then I woke up slightly again (It was all a dream @_@), and the same occurrence happened. A wiggled my arms and then slightly, happily exhaled from my nose as I noticed the same thing, mentally saying 'boop' as I reached for my face and touching the pillow once more. Humoring myself, I reached up to my face and surprisingly did not see my hand despite feeling my face, pulling on my right eyelid with my LEFT hand, and not seeing it (I could see the eyelid given the sunlight streaming from my right, but it didn't move despite me really feeling the hair and my skin while pulling). Cue all my thoughts going 'Interesting, surely someone would know about this rather than my rudimentary knowledge about anatomy', and having the idea as if there was lacking blood circulation somewhere--when I lifted the blankets off, noticing that I could see the blankets move after moving both my arms back down under, I felt as if constriction was put away...err, as if the heavy blanket which was pressing on my body gave way for some blood flowing and...other feelings when blood circulation I presume are maintained.

In part, I'm pretty happy my mindset in general is analytical (I don't go all D: at times of panic or mystery...like that ghost incident when I was young, but go all "COOL...wait am I in danger? No? Ok let's observe and think"), but I've no idea what just happened and slightly latching onto the idea that part of the visual area in my brain had something going on + blood circulation assumption. :P
...Funny thing is that I'm just in my t-shirt and pajamas and other stuff, plus just one thick blanket, and probably 11C or so. (Also medical knowledge help for curiosity!)
Sounds perfectly normal for a dream. Moreso if you consider you've been pondering the topic before. Topics pondered have a habit of inhabiting your dreams. I'd say nothing to worry about.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117381 on: January 28, 2017, 07:54:43 pm »

Huh no politics thread now. That's actually bad. While the vitriol won't inflame there, politics-related discussion is going to spill over. News is the guy in Russia that helped that MI6 guy write up the Trump dossier has been murdered.

It's actually gone forever, not just on cooldown?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117382 on: January 28, 2017, 07:57:06 pm »

Huh no politics thread now. That's actually bad. While the vitriol won't inflame there, politics-related discussion is going to spill over. News is the guy in Russia that helped that MI6 guy write up the Trump dossier has been murdered (it actually occurred on December 26th).

Yeah, AmeriPol needs a home.....

Huh no politics thread now. That's actually bad. While the vitriol won't inflame there, politics-related discussion is going to spill over. News is the guy in Russia that helped that MI6 guy write up the Trump dossier has been murdered.

It's actually gone forever, not just on cooldown?

It might just be on cooldown.....

Well, Toady One seems to have logged off (or is just inactive), but he didn't say whether there was a mandatory cooldown.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:00:41 pm by smjjames »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #117383 on: January 28, 2017, 07:59:52 pm »

Huh no politics thread now. That's actually bad. While the vitriol won't inflame there, politics-related discussion is going to spill over. News is the guy in Russia that helped that MI6 guy write up the Trump dossier has been murdered (it actually occurred on December 26th).
Some people keep the snark on high, which turns into personal attacks because of the generalizing and 'you're DOING THIS' instead of "[I see you're doing this idea I'm currently thinking about] Maybe {more ideas} would help" or something. >_>
 :-\

-I need more feedback thanks people :3-
Sounds perfectly normal for a dream. Moreso if you consider you've been pondering the topic before. Topics pondered have a habit of inhabiting your dreams. I'd say nothing to worry about.
Perfectly normal indeed ^ ^
...Except when you realize that 'oh, this is happening and it's real. COOL! ...What happened?' :P
Which is me exactly wondering what happened since I'm really sure that the latter one did happen while I was awake.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117384 on: January 28, 2017, 08:03:36 pm »

SCP containment initiated <snip>
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:24:22 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117385 on: January 28, 2017, 08:04:34 pm »

Huh no politics thread now. That's actually bad. While the vitriol won't inflame there, politics-related discussion is going to spill over. News is the guy in Russia that helped that MI6 guy write up the Trump dossier has been murdered. It actually occurred on December 26th (a couple of weeks before the big Buzzfeed leak thing).
There's no post by him, doesn't look like any deleted posts, and nothing in the log. Helgo probably locked it for people to cool down.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117386 on: January 28, 2017, 08:07:06 pm »

My toadsense isn't tingling either. It was prob helgo trying to stop the thread from overheating as pttg and lobosaccwhatever started to duke it out.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117387 on: January 28, 2017, 08:07:14 pm »

Some people keep the snark on high, which turns into personal attacks because of the generalizing and 'you're DOING THIS' instead of "[I see you're doing this idea I'm currently thinking about] Maybe {more ideas} would help" or something. >_>
 :-\

It was over the whole refugee mass blanket ban controversey (bordering on scandal almost) and one person got snarky or something and another didn't like the tone of that person.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117388 on: January 28, 2017, 08:08:43 pm »

My toadsense isn't tingling either. It was prob helgo trying to stop the thread from overheating as pttg and lobosaccwhatever started to duke it out.

I saw Toady One on earlier, but when I looked whether Helgo was on, he wasn't at the time. Could have logged in and then back out,

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117389 on: January 28, 2017, 08:11:53 pm »

Well the WTF thread is now the "Ameripol Spillover Thread". Oh 2016, what have you wrought?
Pages: 1 ... 7824 7825 [7826] 7827 7828 ... 11040