Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7229 7230 [7231] 7232 7233 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448026 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108450 on: August 26, 2016, 11:21:26 pm »

Older country is... bearable I guess. This... pop-rock-country garbage though? No thanks.
Some of it's more than bearable, heh. I'll fight the critter that disses on Rawhide, m'self. Only somewhat metaphorically. I'm pretty sure the law around here would actually look away if you decked someone for that :P

And the parents thing is a sorta'. Apparently what you listen to in your late teens/early twenties is what you'll probably primarily enjoy 'till the day you die, so if it's different in that range, it may just diverge.

... which is good for me, because my playlist during that period was "everything". Pretty close to literally, genre wise.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:27:05 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108451 on: August 26, 2016, 11:24:26 pm »

I'd rather listen to the worst pop-country than rap. Being forced to listen to the worst of the worst gangsta rap while training with a man you utterly hate will color a genre in one's mind like that >_>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108452 on: August 26, 2016, 11:32:04 pm »

Eh... it can, but you can still learn to give it a fair shake and find some stuff you like. Was a while for me that rap/country/(protestant) gospel was basically my trifecta of auditory hate (the latter two in particular for similar reasons). Now I've got a good handful in all of 'em I enjoy pretty well. Just gotta' find what part of the style does it for you, and there's almost always something that'll get you going.

Except stuff like noise music, anyway. If you can't tolerate most of that you probably can't tolerate any of it.

... there was a few years where I'd occasionally go to sleep listening to metal machine music. Pretty sure I took some hearing damage in those years :V
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:33:39 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108453 on: August 26, 2016, 11:36:40 pm »

how did you /do/ that
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108454 on: August 26, 2016, 11:38:58 pm »

If you get in the right mindset it's a lot like listening to the waves. Becomes pretty relaxing. Your existence becomes a web of sound and you just kinda' float.

... and no, no drugs were involved.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:42:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108455 on: August 27, 2016, 12:34:19 am »

Eh. Music doesn't seem to trigger any kind of emotional response for me.
So basically the only reason I listen to music is because silence does.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108456 on: August 27, 2016, 12:38:25 am »

I didn't really like music, especially music with single people singing for the majority of it. Classical music was okay, but I found this band that I really like that does really upbeat and epic orchestra music, so I listen to them.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108457 on: August 27, 2016, 12:55:27 am »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108458 on: August 27, 2016, 01:00:40 am »

There's a tremendous variety of primarily instrumental music out there. If you've found one, don't forget to look for more, heh. It's always nice to listen to new music that appeals to you, and it's definitely easy to not realize just what or how much fits in that category if you don't have much exposure. Oodles and oodles of free stuff online these days, too, if the cost is an issue... and that's not counting youtube et al that has close to everything even if it's not exactly licit.

And tack, yer a freak :P Or haven't found the right sound, yet.

More seriously, there's plenty of reason to enjoy music that doesn't involve any particular emotive reaponse. Probably half the stuff I listen to is mainly due to the skill or complexity involved with it -- it's pleasing/engaging/etc. to hear someone exercise a skill, sometimes even if the sound itself isn't entirely in tune with my tastes. Good chunk of the rest is because how well they lend themselves to accompanyment, not listening for the sound itself so much as the opportunity to work the voice (or whistling). Is particularly a thing if you have any instrument training you have reason to keep up on. Though not liking the quiet is a reason, too, sure... probably one I'd personally recommend against cultivating, since being able to be okay with just your thoughts and all that is pretty import, imo, but a reason nonetheless.
Ask not!
Ask!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108459 on: August 27, 2016, 01:11:29 am »

Oy, fellow cheese head.
Huh, what does the Netherlands have to do with it?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #108460 on: August 27, 2016, 02:06:22 am »

Oy, fellow cheese head.
WI is da US dairy state.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108461 on: August 27, 2016, 02:15:10 am »

For a moment I just thought my pee was talking to me, then I realised it was just syncing up with my inner voice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #108462 on: August 27, 2016, 02:28:31 am »

Yoink, when you hear voices in you'd head while using the bathroom, that's called schizophrenia.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108463 on: August 27, 2016, 02:45:31 am »

Twenty-eight hours without sleep and I'm feeling remarkably lucid. I look like the dead, but I feel better than expected.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108464 on: August 27, 2016, 03:06:22 am »

Oy, fellow cheese head.
WI is da US dairy state.
Cheesehead (dutch: kaaskop) is the term used here to denote people born in the provinces of north and south Holland, and sometimes even as a term to describe a dutch person in general.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7229 7230 [7231] 7232 7233 ... 11040