Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 94

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 140972 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: VANILLA-FLAVORED WALL OF SHAME
« Reply #1140 on: April 01, 2011, 03:15:41 pm »

Ah. Some servers are explicitly PvP or have some sort of PvP events or circumstances, but in general walking up to someone and killing them is indeed considered rude.

You generally don't have to worry about accidentally killing anyone, though. Not like they'll die in one accidental hit (usually).

Right.

Mods are humans; if you kill someone accidentally and apologise, it's all right. Kill someone out of ignorance once, maybe (though the mods might keep an eye on you).

If you're a serial killer well aware of the rules, you're probably going to get banned.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 01, 2011, 03:53:17 pm »

Unless you know you're actually playing SURVIVAL multiplayer.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 01, 2011, 04:08:26 pm »

Find an anarchy server and play there.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 02, 2011, 12:16:20 am »

N@W, anybody? They have an open enrollment policy of sorts now.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 02, 2011, 12:36:38 am »

Let's say if me and some other guy accept a challenge to fight each other and I kill him, would I still be watched by the mods?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 02, 2011, 12:50:22 am »

You're overthinking this. Some servers will have rigidly enforced rules or asshat mods, but in general the rule is "Don't be a dick." If you're not being a dick, it's not a problem.

This does remind me that I really want to make a series of arenas on the main map, though. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 02, 2011, 04:56:11 am »

You're overthinking this. Some servers will have rigidly enforced rules or asshat mods, but in general the rule is "Don't be a dick." If you're not being a dick, it's not a problem.

This does remind me that I really want to make a series of arenas on the main map, though. :-\

We had an arena on the previous map, but it wasn't used too much.

But if you want to make them, by all means go right ahead.

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 02, 2011, 07:38:22 pm »

Am I the only person getting extreme lag on the server? It was never this bad before 1.4 for me.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 02, 2011, 08:05:48 pm »

Yeah, I'm lagging too. Some of it's somewhat variable lag, but there's one patch of snow that I swear is protected or something.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 02, 2011, 09:52:52 pm »

Yeah, I'm lagging too. Some of it's somewhat variable lag, but there's one patch of snow that I swear is protected or something.
I was stuck trying to exit a door, and it kept teleporting me back behind it.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 02, 2011, 11:27:32 pm »

1.4 has a memory leak.
Typical.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 04, 2011, 04:03:24 pm »

Bump.
Homes and warps are currently not implemented, along with the mob riding/taming plugins.
I consider these "bonuses", and as such, are not on my list of required plugins for moving back to Bukkit.
With that being the case, we're back on CraftBukkit and Gold 5.  Huzzah!

The help text isn't updated yet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!
« Reply #1152 on: April 04, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »

Excellent.

By the way, could you explain what the rules on GM item spawning are? I think you said something about it being alright to subsidize public transportation, which is something I've been thinking about doing.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: BIOMETERRAIN DEAD, MAP PERMANENTIFIED
« Reply #1153 on: April 04, 2011, 07:39:25 pm »

ATTENTION OPS:
Seriously, I shouldn't need to say this again.
Don't abuse your block-spawning privileges.

People work hard to do things around here.  It defeats the point when you just spawn in everything and build these epic structures that completely dwarf the honest works.  Three simple rules here if you want to spawn a block for any sort of non-public project (more on that below).

-If it's entirely unobtainable, okay, fine, that's fair enough.
-If it's unobtainable but available through a shop permanent offer, please don't.
-If it's entirely obtainable, you'd better believe you're not to be spawning it.

Now, I know I'm guilty of spawning blocks.
However, the critical difference?
I only build the public works stuff with them.  On this map, that is only the road from the Guest Zone to the spawn.
No, your tower is not a public works building.  Roads, canals, and maybe small workshops are acceptable.  If it's grandiose or an attempt to be awe-inspiring, don't even try to give me that excuse.

Anything I actually build is done by hand just like everybody else.  You do the same, or you'll lose that privilege.  Got me?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!
« Reply #1154 on: April 04, 2011, 07:52:37 pm »

If it's grandiose or an attempt to be awe-inspiring, don't even try to give me that excuse.
Mmm. That's a problem.

I may have some use for non-epic public transportation though, so that's good to know.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 94