Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the game be open or locked on twilight phase?

Open.
- 4 (57.1%)
Locked.
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: October 22, 2010, 02:25:09 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 3 - Over, Mafia wins.  (Read 25562 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 3 - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2010, 04:49:05 pm »

Uhm... I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I didn't play in any WD, and I do think this is our first common game.
Uh... yeah.  My mistake.  Have you (relatively recently) replaced into a game?

Yeah, I realised after I posted that you meant Eduren's PYS. I forgot you were one of the endless corpses on the floor when I walked into the place. And yes, I was scum there, and leading the game... but that was my (Eduren/Vector-issued) mandate, since both town and scum were dying of apathy. In any case, games where I've been Town play out pretty much the same (BYOR5 and BMXIV are two examples, if you care to go look for my meta).

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2010, 04:51:49 pm »

Uhm... I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I didn't play in any WD, and I do think this is our first common game.
Uh... yeah.  My mistake.  Have you (relatively recently) replaced into a game?

Yeah, I realised after I posted that you meant Eduren's PYS. I forgot you were one of the endless corpses on the floor when I walked into the place. And yes, I was scum there, and leading the game... but that was my (Eduren/Vector-issued) mandate, since both town and scum were dying of apathy. In any case, games where I've been Town play out pretty much the same (BYOR5 and BMXIV are two examples, if you care to go look for my meta).

That's it.  I wasn't actually in that game, but I was subscribed to it since the signups so I felt like I was.  The point that you did the same thing in that game as scum still stands, although I'll try to look through BYOR5 and BMXIV this weekend.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2010, 05:00:46 pm »

On other things, Pandar, you didn't ask anyone a RV question, nor have you contributed anything except questioning me on Toony... who looks scummy now, which doesn't reflect well on you. Anything to add to the discussion, ask someone, vote, or something?

Archangel, I understand you're far away, but you came in, sorta answered one question while doing the opposite. How 'bout you jump in with questions or suspicions of your own?
Archangel: How do you think your being so far away will affect the progress of the game?
I don't think it'll have much of an effect unless the game gets very active, however it is possible I might cause this to slow down a little.
You slow it down more if you just answer the question laconically without probing for more details or talking enough to let people read you.

JanusTwoface, regarding my meta, I was also in BYOR4 and was town, which was my first real game with the regulars here, and gave me a nice welcome to the forums. You can get there directly through the middle item in my sig.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2010, 05:04:39 pm »

JanusTwoface, regarding my meta, I was also in BYOR4 and was town, which was my first real game with the regulars here, and gave me a nice welcome to the forums. You can get there directly through the middle item in my sig.
Edit-by-way-of-post: This is my entrance to that game, also replacing in, but much earlier in the game than in PYS. That was a fun game.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2010, 06:13:05 pm »

Zathras, are you scum?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2010, 06:26:09 pm »

Nope. You?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2010, 07:03:14 pm »

I am not.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2010, 07:06:53 pm »

What you've done so far, it's pretty anti-town to me.  You find every person in this game scummy before its hardly started (sooper defensive) and now you're being a hypocrite.

So Toony, back up those words. Who else have I found scummy? Where specifically am I sooper-defensive (as opposed to answering questions and explaining my reasons when asked)? Why am I a hypocrite? How is looking for scum anti-town?

I say that, while "what's a hypocrite" or "what the hell is sooper" may be debatable, the first one is an abject, clear, intentional and utterly scummy lie. You noticed people's thought processes started to focus on my previous answers, and decided to push them along in an untruthful direction. If you cannot substantiate your allegations, then you, ToonyMan, are a liar, and a scum.

Lynch all liars.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2010, 07:07:55 pm »

I am not.
I'm glad we cleared that up. Who's it then?

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2010, 07:32:48 pm »

Archangel, are you a philosophy professor with the University of Walamaloo? Just kidding... How do you think your being so far away will affect the progress of the game?
I don't think it'll have much of an effect unless the game gets very active, however it is possible I might cause this to slow down a little.

I should sure hope you have an effect on the game.  With only 5 players, everyone's going to need to be active.

Inquiry:  When is your most active period on the forums (with time zone) so we know when you'll possibly be around to interact with?  (I knew insomnia could come in handy some time)
I will have an effect, but my timezone probably won't. That is what I was saying. Usually, I'm on from ~5:30/6:00 to 9 or 10, GMT+10, though we're on bloody Daylight Savings Time, so it's effectively GMT+11 at the moment.

Pandar, What are your thoughts on Janus? What about ToonyMan?

Toony, give us a clear, through explanation as to why you think Zathras is scum, or die.

On a totally unrelated note, must resist urge to correct others' slight grammatical errors...
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2010, 07:35:02 pm »

Especially since I forgot to check how to spell "thorough" before I posted.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2010, 08:18:09 pm »

On other things, Pandar, you didn't ask anyone a RV question, nor have you contributed anything except questioning me on Toony... who looks scummy now, which doesn't reflect well on you. Anything to add to the discussion, ask someone, vote, or something?
Zathras, are you scum?

Oh, I get it. This was your attempt to "add to the discussion, ask someone, vote, or something", yes? Wow. Hardly a heroic effort, eh? But hey, Archangel's here. How about you toss a question or two (and an answer or two) at him? Or are you planning to lurk through this game too?

I know what you mean. I've dropped several, some in the same paragraph when I'm correcting someone else. I hate that. But in any case, what's your take on Janus? And where do you stand on the kitten vs. puppy question?

Also, you didn't answer my earlier question:
[...]have you glanced over the previous two iterations of VM? Any opinions, ideas or strategy?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2010, 08:20:52 pm »

Bah -- hit post instead of preview. That post would still say the same things, but would look much prettier. Just picture it in your mind, please. So, Archangel, what's your take on Janus?

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2010, 09:45:33 pm »

Bah -- hit post instead of preview. That post would still say the same things, but would look much prettier. Just picture it in your mind, please. So, Archangel, what's your take on Janus?
I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it.

I know what you mean. I've dropped several, some in the same paragraph when I'm correcting someone else. I hate that. But in any case, what's your take on Janus? And where do you stand on the kitten vs. puppy question?
I like both too much to kick either, but if I had to, I'd gently tap the puppy with my toes.

Also, you didn't answer my earlier question:
[...]have you glanced over the previous two iterations of VM? Any opinions, ideas or strategy?
I followed both, and the only things I can think of right now are: attack everyone until someone seriously slips up, because the game is so small; and don't do what Pandar did. However, I'm not much of a strategic player.

I'm off to do schoolwork for a few hours.
My full sig

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2010, 10:02:22 pm »

And where do you stand on the kitten vs. puppy question?
I like both too much to kick either, but if I had to, I'd gently tap the puppy with my toes.

That settles it. Archangel is on the "puppies suck" (or at least suck more than kittens) side. Janus is a cat owner, so he is too. I'm the original "kick a puppy" proponent.

On the other side, Pandarsenic was the original "I'll kick a kitten" malefactor, and by evasion and extension, so is ToonyMan. It's clear they are both dog lovers, and it follows that it's because they are both sons of bitches. Therefore scum.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

Kill the bitchspawn!!!! They be scuuuuummm!!!@!

Heh. I love this game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14