Poll

The whom to which you are now allied with

The Survivors Rebuplic
- 0 (0%)
?
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Apocalypse Survivors: Artillery on the Horizon!  (Read 46279 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Survivors: Begin the Post-Apocalypse!
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2010, 09:11:37 pm »

Sorry I was away from the net.

I will find a place to set up a makeshift shack near the others.

Then I will scavange about the place and see what can be found.

We are stationed in a building, dood. Wanna help us scavenge instead?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2010, 09:57:00 pm »

Sorry I was away from the net.

I will find a place to set up a makeshift shack near the others.

Then I will scavange about the place and see what can be found.

Well, ok...

Turn shall be up tomorrow after school... 17 hours from now, I shall begin writing... so... see ya then...

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2010, 05:36:21 pm »

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Quote from: 10 Armed Civilians
10x Health: 100/000
10x Armour: Assorted Fabric (5)
10x Weapon: Makeshift [5 dmg]
10x Inventory: Weapon
10x Backpack: Pack of Rations [30], Canteen [6 Water]

Quote from: 3 Vigilanties
3x Health: 100/100
3x Armour: Assorted Leathers (10)
3x Weapon: Winchester Bolt Action Rifle [6/6] [15 dmg] [Medium Ammo]
3x Inventory: Rifle
3x Backpack: Pack of Rations [30], Canteen [6 Water], Medium Ammo [24]

520 Rations
210 Bottles [2 Water]
A Broken Truck
A Broken Jeep
4 Jerry Cans [Empty]
2 Water Tanks [600 Water]
 - 1 Raid Proofed
2 Crates of Rations [250]
 - 1 Raid Proofed
1 Medium Pile of Scrap Metals [Mostly Pipes, and Plate]
1 Small Pile of Scrap Metals [Mostly Pipes, and Plate]
2 Barely Working Mower Engines
4 Spare Sparkplugs
Old V6 Diesel Engine
2 Working Radiators
5 Plates 3dm2
Medium Pile of Scrap Fabrics [No peices bigger than a meter2]
12 Peices of Nylon Cloth 5dm2
Small Pile of Scrap Electronics [Wireing, small electronic fans]
Wireing, summing up to 5m long

-----Makeshift Keep-----
Health: 5000/5000
Armour: Masonry & Plate (50)
Capacity: 50 People, 2000 Light, 200 Medium, 20 Heavy
Contains: 20 People, 1000 Light, 100 Medium, 10 Heavy
Food For: 16 days
Water For: 26 days
Survivability Chance for a Lifetime: 0%
Entrances: Makeshift Gatehouse [2 Factory Steel Doors] [2500/2500]
Weakest Points: Gates
Lighted: No
Powered: No
Stable Food Supply: No
Stable Water Supply: No
Accessories: None
Fame as Survivors: 0
Alliance: None
--------------------
Kaguros: [15] You ask someone to help you look in one of the scrap heaps for some semi-functionable car-parts, two come help you, you manage to find in the pile: 2 Barely Working Lawn-mower Engines, 4 Spare Sparkplugs, an old V6 diesel engine, and manage to scavenge 2 working radiators off of the broken vehicles you tugged in before the Apo.

[Foraging +.2] [Leading +.2]

Cristian: [15] You suddenly find the urge to seperate yourself from the others, and build a makeshift shack-like room inside The Keep, it functions pretty well for your poor skill. You look through each pile a little bit, but barely find much... 5 plates, about 3dm2, 12 peices of nylon cloth, assorted in color about 5dm2, and wires of various lengths summing up to about 5m long

[Construction +.2] [Foraging +.1]

Alex: [2] You wander out of the gates in search of game to hunt, not only do you manage to find nothing of use in the outside world, but now you are a bit lost, The Keep is out of sight... you spend the rest of the day getting back home.

Maximum: [12] You better organize where everyone has been sleeping for the past months, it doesn't function any better but people are a bit more happy now that things are more oganized. You then organize a few sparring matches, you yourself aren't really shure what to do, but nobody gets seriously hurt.

[Organization +.2] [Leading +.1] [Unarmed Combat +.1]

Steven: [18] [13 20] You forage around the piles of scrap metal for at least a pan-looking object, you manage to find an accual wrought-iron pan, but it's missing it's handle... You scoop some snow off of the ground outside, trying to prevent ash from contaminating it.

[Foraging +.2] [Item Gain: Wrought-Iron Pan, Handle Missing [Snow] ]

Stanley: [19] [5+1=6] You head out-side to scavenge a bit while traveling in the direction of the smoke. You dont find anything, and almost make it to the pillar of smoke, though it seems the smoke has also moved a bit to what you guess would be towards you. You lie down in the snow/ash mizture that is around you, and sleep there for tonight.

[Foraging +.1]

Raul: [17] You also head outside, and take your first breathe of fresh air, smells sweet, like hickory smoke, by random instinct you reach straight into the ground and hit something, (Chance roll: [6] ) you find a Pack of Rations! But they've been nibbled on and there are only 10 good rations left... you put them into your wheelbarrow and climb up the scaffolding to the roof of your keep. Your sight distance is almost quadrupled! You can finely examine where the smoke is coming from (Chance roll: [10] ) there is a small group of people who are carrying alot of things with them, they have live animals with them, they spend their day travelling in your direction and making/breaking camp. You can also make out a natural cloud! It is obviously a dark grey, just like the rest that are in the sky, but you have trouble seing underneath it, so it must be percipitating, even though snow liters the ground, it's good to know that mother nature isn't dead. You head back in and raid-proof a Crate of Rations and a Barrel of Water.

[Observing +.5] [Forgaing +.2] [Item Gain: Pack of Rations [10] ]

--------------------

Mostly Destroyed buildings litter your immediate surroundings. There is a foot deep layer of snow upon a foot deep layer of soot, everywhere. The sky is clear. Your Keep is very visable as a landmark from a while around. There are no available signs of recent travel. There is a trail of smoke coming from off in the distance.

Well, I've finally put in the stats, I have worked out their growth, and the ± is towards or away from anything good.
ex. [?? +2] [4+2] but [?? +2] [19-2] and opposite for minuses. 17 is the max in +. the flip point for - will depend on how strong it is. a -1 will go up at 17, while a -2 will go up at 16, and so on, until it would be less beneficial for it to go down... ect.

In case you dont understnad my little code for stephens bio-bonuses, his +5 will not happen if the -5 is active, relatively making it useless in bloody situations, but pure awesome in anything else...

Now, if you dont mind, I have ALOT of shit to get done.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 12:28:26 pm by Evergod41 »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2010, 06:01:57 pm »

"Hey folks, theres a group of heavily supplied people over that way, i saw them from the roof. We gotta decide quick if were gonna law low, befreind them or cannibalize them or what. Form a team in case there are radiation zombies or something you can never be too carefull. They have animals and may be diseased we dont want none of that so watch out"

I will form some kind of locking mechanism for the gatehouse, even if its just a chain across the doors. Then I will close off any easily blocked other entrances, Anything difficult to seal off i will trap with small spikes set into the window ledges, I use the small scrap metal for this. Then sharpen the piercing metal, pee on it, and hide it under ash and inform the others present to be careful at those places. I try to find a crate or sturdy storage bin and jars or cans.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:21:58 pm by Hastur »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2010, 06:42:02 pm »

Is there a waiting list I can join, or some other variant?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2010, 08:05:14 pm »

"Lets not do anything risky. I think we should try and befriend them, at the very least. Attacking willy-nilly could bite us in the ass if it turns out we need them. Better to have a friend than an enemy at the very least."

I help hastur secure the building, though I don't help with the traps. Instead, I try and find some sort of fuel for a fire, so we can make sure we have some sort of protection against cold, in case we need it.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2010, 08:23:22 pm »

"I think we should at least check them out. If they are better armed than us and dangerous it could be a problem. I can sneak in investigate them and talk my way out if we get caught. Does anyone want to come along?"

I will secure all of my belongings in my shack and then look for some tools and materials to reinforce it. If I can do more I will also help the others look for something to fuel a fire.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2010, 10:06:47 pm »

"I agree with the sentiment that we may try to talk to these people. Maybe we can find something of value around to trade with them?"

I'll spend the day trying to find books, trying to organize parts of The Keep into legitimate areas (Garage for tool storage and workbenches, kitchen/food area, leisure area, things like that.) While organizing, I'll keep my eyes peeled for useful stuff we may not have scavenged yet.

If I can talk any NPCs that are idle into helping me, all the better.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:14:05 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2010, 11:04:38 pm »

"Try to trade, but be wary and arm yourselves, I'll continue trying to fix up any vehicals." I'll continue looking for car parts that either work, or can be fixxed to work, while asking for help.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2010, 03:24:57 pm »

Can I join the waiting list?
If so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know she's pretty much useless but hey, it'll be fun trying to survive with a hopelessly weak, and useless character.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:26:34 pm by quip »
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:44 pm »

Is there a waiting list I can join, or some other variant?
Yes, but low chances of being put in, at all...

And for somereason I forgot to preview the post and check for errors, so I have fized the quoting of myself.... how did I miss that?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2010, 09:38:25 pm »

Douple Posting For Great Justice!

Still need turns from

bloodsheder
&
Labs

I'll be posting turn on sunday this time, and I will message you saturday if you still haven't posted turn, so have it by then or I'll just have to idle you. Was hoping for a faster-then-weekly basis, but what is, goes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2010, 07:57:09 am »

If you have to idle someone, say, twice in a row, have you thought about inserting someone from the "waiting list" and making the idler an NPC until they get back?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2010, 01:02:24 pm »

Yeah, but I dont like deus ex machina-ing in players... though if it resorts to that, I shall.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2010, 01:09:37 pm »

You don't have to Deus Ex Machina any players in. We already have NPCs. They just don't have names, or well defined characteristics yet. Why not have a player "take over" the role of an NPC, and turn that NPC into their character?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38