Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Naturelabor- a succession game.  (Read 13385 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Naturelabor- a succession game.
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2010, 10:36:21 am »

Might be a good idea to start training some marksdwarves- those skelephants will fuck you up if you attack them at close range.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2010, 11:28:30 am »

Sorry for the delay on updates.  I'll do some today and tomorrow.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2010, 03:11:58 pm »

I smashed all of the workshops together because my main idea was to sort the place out a little, i didn't even touch hospital and barracks. I improved the defenses and cleared some stock piles out.

I also recommend to wall of the floor that touches the river, and put a roof over the fortress
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:13:33 pm by Comrade »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2010, 08:55:35 am »

I, for one, love magma.

In need of stone, I began to dig.  Lo and behold, not 22 levels down, I discovered a blessing from the Blood God himself!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I immediately began digging out an area for magma forges.  Steel goblets for all!

Oh, the reason the forge is a bit out of the way, is that the area to the left is solid stone all the way up.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking?  Oh yes, magma piston.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2010, 09:25:20 am »

I was about to post how annoying those Skelephants were and how I needed to get the danger room up so we could slaughter them with warhammers.

When this happened.

Let's hope he doesn't need Elk Bird Bones and Crystal Glass.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:28:27 am by mrbobbyg »

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2010, 09:35:13 am »

sweet! 

hmm, and water right next door.      possibly an obsidian factory later on?

ooh, and 22 Lvl's is not that far for a pumpstack!     maning we can add it to out defenses.  hmmm, would a steam cannon be viable?

ooh..  please say he took a forge, and not some useless shop. 

oh, and we already have one steel warhammer.  check the stocks.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2010, 09:38:38 am »

Given that we have no metal, we now have a choice.  Do we give him gold, silver, or iron?  Gold for value, silver in case we luck out and get a mace or a hammer, or iron, which is at least a goblin killing quality weapon?

I decided.  I am the decider.

I went with iron, which was good, because we got this:

Is it the best sword I have ever seen?  No.  Is it going to sever many, many goblin limbs.  Yes it is my friends.  Oh yes.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:47:01 am by mrbobbyg »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2010, 12:38:29 pm »

Fall has arrived.

The following is an excerpt from a letter sent by "MrBobbyG, Brewmaster of NatureLabor," taken by the Human Merchant, Lina Thelesa, to the Mountainhomes:

Dad, you won't believe how awesome our new home is!  Our farmers got their hands on some whip vines and some sun berries, so all we drink now is sunshine and whip wine.  Well, there's always wine and ale, but, come on...

...also, the miners, carpenters and engravers all got it together to improve our rooms!  No more dorms!

...the Skelephants still loom, but "The Pointy Gems" our little army, are all legendary in something or another.  They're wearing wooden armor though...I think that all the elf influence in this place may have gotten to them...

...everyone thought that my idea to find magma was awesome.  It's only 28 levels deep too!  We built forges and smelters, and I overheard Iton talking about a magma cannon.  That's way out of my skill level, so I'll let one of them handle that...

Oh my Armok!  Best news for last.  I won the fortress brewmasters challenge!  I got a sweet title, the best job in the fort, making whip wine and sunshine, and a totally sweet room!  It was a little intense though, because when Catten, our bookkeeper entered the award into the records, she said something really odd, like “If anyone ever takes these rooms away from you, SOMETHING REALLY BAD WILL BEFALL THE FORTRESS.”  She said it all loud like I wrote it too...weird...

Basically dad, Naturelabor is awseome.  It's going to be the Mountainhome soon, you just see.  I can't imagine anything bad ever, ever, ever, happening here...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 12:40:02 pm by mrbobbyg »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2010, 04:36:14 pm »

Just as I was closing the book on an uneventful and productive year, a potential disaster struck.

2 Squads of goblins, 1 of lashers, and 1 of crossbowgobs, popped up right by our gate.  The cage traps were partially full from earlier attacks and my lack of dedicating a mechanic to keep up on them.  Right off the bat, a thresher and a gem cutter dropped to the ground, wounded by multiple bolts.

The pointy gems charged into the fray, clad in naught but their wooden armor, but wielding masterwork weapons forged by our moody smith.  It was a slaughter.  All the gobbos killed, mostly by our hammerdorf.  However, our commander managed to slice a lasher completely in half with our artifact sword.

Here is the save:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3334

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2010, 05:15:14 pm »

So, what I'm hearing is:
We still have no roof...
and we need more traps

On another note, is that blue stuff what I think it is?
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2010, 06:24:45 pm »

We have about 15% of a roof.  I was working on it.

Traps, yes.  We do need more.  Also, if we extended the entry wall, I built a catapult that could do some damage.  I was using it to take potshots at Skelephants.

That is what you think. One of at least 2 pillars.  Our smith is +something legendary, so we could make some sweet weapons.

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2010, 07:00:21 pm »

holy..   we have a Star-ruby artifact CAGE named Imkethlegon...  I want that placed in the Legendary dinning room so badly.  would cause many happy thoughts.  we also have a few animals we can train up to war animals.

heh.  I saw.   looks like you hit one to.

checking the adimite out now..
don't look if you don't want to know.

the only other information I want to say is that there are a LOT of rubies, sapphires, and their star versions on the map.   you might want to explore and dig out the top few layers before exploring the depths.

oh, and here is the map in the map-veiwer.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9778-naturelabor
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:02:07 pm by TerrisH »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2010, 07:32:57 pm »

If you notice, I *may* have cracked into the magma sea while hunting diamonds in the kimberlite.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2010, 07:33:54 pm »

Player List
1. TerrisH
2. dhokarena56 - Lost Save
3. Comrade

4. mrbobbyg

5. USEC_OFFICER

6. roflgar

Red = Played Turns
Green = Current Turn
Yellow = Future Turn
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:34:26 pm by Comrade »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2010, 07:36:45 pm »

How many dwarfs are there?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15