Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Carpenters: "Construct wooden Chair" Masonry: "Construct rock Throne"  (Read 4920 times)

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Re: Carpenters: "Construct wooden Chair" Masonry: "Construct rock Throne"
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 02:58:23 pm »

Drums might be hollow rocks that you tap on with another rock.  The harp is the hardest one to envision.  On the other hand, these are people who can make something that menaces with spikes of cave spider silk.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 03:05:12 pm »

I imagine they string the harp with beard hair. It would account for not requiring any other materials.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 10:35:13 am »

I imagine they string the harp with beard hair. It would account for not requiring any other materials.

Impossible, at high enough skill you'd be making harps MUCH faster than your beard grows. You'd be a beardless outcast!
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Granzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2010, 04:22:52 pm »

Impossible, at high enough skill you'd be making harps MUCH faster than your beard grows. You'd be a beardless outcast!

Let's not forget that dwarfes are hairy little alcoholics aside from their beards. Maybe he plucks the hair from
another body part.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2010, 08:17:33 pm »

Let's not forget that dwarfes are hairy little alcoholics aside from their beards. Maybe he plucks the hair from
another body part.

Pass the brain bleach, please.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.
Pages: 1 2 [3]