Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Donald Trump almost certainly Running for President  (Read 4103 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump almost certainly Running for President
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 09:34:42 pm »

I doubt he'd get through primaries but I must admit there's a certain appeal to me to have a president who looks at a year to year budget shortfall as unacceptable.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 10:00:39 pm »

I doubt he'd get through primaries but I must admit there's a certain appeal to me to have a president who looks at a year to year budget shortfall as unacceptable.

And it sure would make the inevitable government layoffs way more entertaining.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 10:06:30 pm »

And they could televise it to make funds.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 10:09:08 pm »

And it sure would make the inevitable government layoffs way more entertaining.

To the entire halibut commission. YOU ARE FIRED!

Love Donald Trump.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 01:07:20 am »

IMO, Arnold Schwarzenegger is a damn good governor. He'd make a great president too. He's got a lot of experience dealing with hardships, he's motivated, he has his own political beliefs and sticks to them, he's even got some solid financial knowledge, and a hell lot of experience with California's best export: movies. He got that vote for capable governor, he got sympathy votes from people who called him a Nazi and child molester, and he got the vote of cynical youths who voted him for the lulz.

Donald Trump is an asshole. The Apprentice highlights him as an asshole who supports assholism. He does have a decent sense of risk. He can manage things, but he supports the things that people hate most about America.. excessive bragging, wasting money for luxury, and deceiving people into thinking he has money that he doesn't have. He might own a lot of buildings, but a lot of those buildings are still owned on debt, but he claims that he owns the full value of those buildings without mentioning his debt.

Trump would drive the economy deeper into debt. He'd whack the foreign policy out of control. Trump would destroy America faster than Obama or Osama. The funny thing is that modern democracies have gotten so sick of politics that "voting for the lulz" or sympathy votes are quite sizable in number.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 01:11:38 am »

IMO, Arnold Schwarzenegger is a damn good governor. He'd make a great president too. He's got a lot of experience dealing with hardships, he's motivated, he has his own political beliefs and sticks to them, he's even got some solid financial knowledge, and a hell lot of experience with California's best export: movies. He got that vote for capable governor, he got sympathy votes from people who called him a Nazi and child molester, and he got the vote of cynical youths who voted him for the lulz.

Donald Trump is an asshole. The Apprentice highlights him as an asshole who supports assholism. He does have a decent sense of risk. He can manage things, but he supports the things that people hate most about America.. excessive bragging, wasting money for luxury, and deceiving people into thinking he has money that he doesn't have. He might own a lot of buildings, but a lot of those buildings are still owned on debt, but he claims that he owns the full value of those buildings without mentioning his debt.

Trump would drive the economy deeper into debt. He'd whack the foreign policy out of control. Trump would destroy America faster than Obama or Osama. The funny thing is that modern democracies have gotten so sick of politics that "voting for the lulz" or sympathy votes are quite sizable in number.

Echo'd. Maybe Trump wouldn't end up quite so terrible, but it seems fairly unlikely.In a way, Trump symbolizes whats gone wrong with the American model--excessive consumption, debt, arrogance--and the sort of thinking that led to this recent recession.
Schwarzenegger, though, I'd see him for President, heh.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 01:18:41 am »

I'm really not into the whole Apocalypse 2012 thing, but that will certainly weigh on the minds of some people.
What percentage believes in that? Because when the world's going to end, who cares who is president? Then again, they might just cower in a bunker or something.

I don't know the percentage, but theres always the religious nuts, those with poor critical thinking skills, and the doomsayers.
Hardcore Christians are not gonna believe Mayan calender magic. General people who believe anything sure, but that is a separate group from religious nuts. They are just dense people who happen to be religious.

And yeah, I'll vote for the dude who can make the 2012 election the silliest one ever and make my first vote as a Citizen a fun one.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 09:39:31 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:54:06 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 11:31:50 am »

Schwarzenegger can't be President because he was born in Austria.

Otherwise, it would be a real possibility.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 12:06:30 pm »

Well McCain was born in Panama...

How exactly did that work out anyway?

The most terrifying thing in the world is other people.  Can you imagine the horror if Trump actually managed to get elected simply because the majority of voters that year were nihilistic idiots?  Seriously... I think I might just snap and go on a killing spree if that happened.  It would be like, the ultimate triumph of stupid assholes.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 12:39:32 pm »

The Ultimate TRUMP you mean.

Ahahaha
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 12:53:17 pm »

McCain was born on a base in the Panama Canal Zone, back when the Panama Canal was basically US territory before the good ol' peanut farmer Carter decided to hand it over to them. Apparently both Panama and Carter forgot who sent the battleships when the Panamanians wanted independance from Columbia.

Also Trump is still perfect because he knows how to keep a venture looking good even in the red until it can get back to black. That's a pretty useful skill for the President right now.

Edit: And let me stress he would never get through the primaries.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 12:58:47 pm by Nikov »
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 12:59:18 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:54:22 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 01:02:13 pm »

We helped save them from the Nazis, so we're even.
Shoes...

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 01:19:07 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/user/HooverInstitution#p/search/2/hybrJs_8ulY

Quality half-hour of talking old white guys about Franco-American relations.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4