Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: -snop-  (Read 9301 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Cracked Topic
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 06:31:51 pm »

Can't forget Cacame Awesome-mead, or whatever his name was. The super dwarven elf.
awe-med-in-ade
Ahmadinejad?

Uh oh...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 06:38:06 pm »

We should totally refer to him as Cacame Ahmedinejad if he's mentioned in the Cracked Topic.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 06:40:32 pm »

Can't forget Cacame Awesome-mead, or whatever his name was. The super dwarven elf.
awe-med-in-ade
Ahmadinejad?

Uh oh...
oh shit.

also sigged.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:44:38 pm by nbonaparte »
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 07:48:39 pm »

LOL.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 09:25:01 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:50:45 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 09:31:54 pm »

Awemedinadinijad.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 11:06:11 pm »

I know something perfect for that page, and frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't already mentioned on page 1:

Mermaid Forced Breeding/Bone Harvesting Operations. Its important to emphasize that mermaids are tagged [SENTIENT].

On an unrelated note; I am deeply ashamed to say this, what exactly is Nist Akath and Captain Ironblood  :'( :-[ :'( :-[? I'm aware it was apparently one of the most epic community forts ever, and Ironblood one of the most awesome dwarves ever, but where is this? When did this take place? I've read Boatmurdered, Headshoots, and reading Syrupleaf is on my to-do list. Link please?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 11:48:08 pm »

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 10:30:00 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:50:52 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 07:03:09 pm »

Should we include some of the schizo-tech that has been generated through the game by it's players? Like the insane computers and such?

EDIT:
(shameless plug)

EDIT EDIT:
We could also toss in some of the more insane megaprojects like Dwarves-Within-Dwarves, or the mentioned creature farms, or definitely Undergrotto and Flarechannel.

Heck, I'll see what I can do about cleaning up a list of fortress types I've been collecting (and thinking up). That can always help anyone that is ever at a loss of ideas for fortresses.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64811.msg1519425#msg1519425

Oh, and why not toss in the great mystery of the great adamantine spire?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:17:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 08:41:42 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:50:58 pm by Bauglir »

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 08:49:06 pm »

It doesn't matter where, but somewhere in the text its gotta mention the dwarves' relationship with cats.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 09:04:15 pm »

You should also have another ending to the flowchart: "Your settlement has been abandoned."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 09:10:50 pm »

You should Link to the Hall of legends.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 09:13:16 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:51:05 pm by Bauglir »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5